I am again in 130's !

Maria777

Cathlete
Well, after my 2nd baby and last, I weighted 206 lbs at 9 months pregnacy. NEVER have I weighted that much, even pregnant.

Well, some of the weight came off naturally, like up to 165 lbs., but after that it was too slowly falling off.

Well, I went onto the SouthBeach Diet, which I LOVE and it helped greatly, but I had stalled at 153 lbs. I managed to loose down to 147 but then gained again to 153.

Oh, well, to make a long story short, I bought the STEP with Cathe's video in it and I've been doing her workouts for about 3 months now I think. I've lost 14 lbs so far, at a rate of 1 to 1 1/2 lbs a week.

I am doing wonderful and I LOVE.

Just got a set of barbell weights for Christmas and I am non-stop now....

Thank you Cathe!!

Can you tell me how you ate. I have the same situation you had and I'm trying to lose weight mainly in my stomach and hip area. I'm trying to get out of the 150's and get to being lower 140's

Congratulations!! I'm anxiously awaiting my return to the 130's! You sound exactly like me and my pregnancy weight. I stalled at 153 lbs. but am doing Burn the Fat Feed the Muscle nutrition plan. I'm at 147 right now and am looking forward to the 130's soon! You've encouraged me to keep going...Gosh, it's been a long time...

Terri

What an accomplishment! Not only did you lose the weight you did it the good old fashioned and healthy way! What an inspiration to all in this diet crazed- want it NOW world! I applaude you...

Gosh, thanks everyone!!!! :)

It feels good to feel so healthy and fit!!

Mrs. Porter:

I am basically doing the SouthBeach diet with I LOVE! It doesn't take carbs away, it just tells you which ones are not so good for you and which ones are.

I basically eat everything 100% whole grain and 100% whole wheat.

NO white rice, white pasta, white flour, white bread, white potatoes etc. Everything is whole grains. It really works.

I limit myself to 3 carbs from breads, pasta and rice a day. I eat lean meats, such as chicken, white, limited on the dark, turkey, fish, turkey ground meat or sirloin ground beef. Oatmeal is good, but the Old Fashion one not the 5-minute cook one.

I eat or try to eat 3 servings of fruits such as bananas, apples, strawberries, pineapples, etc.

I am careful with cereals. I preferred the brans that are ALL BRAN flakes and that are NOT fortified.

I eat eggs, and occasionally I eat Egg Beaters as a substitute. I use Splenda to sweetened my coffee and on an occasional dessert. I try not to over use Splenda. Brown sugar is also good but in moderation. No honey.

Veggies, dark ones are best.

I do three meals a day, with two snacks in between and one at night of course. Fruits whenever possible.

I indulge in DARK chocolate because it has the least sugar content.

This is just an overview of what I eat, but not in quantities...

If you want to follow the SouthBeach diet or let it guide you in a healthier way to eat, I have to say that it is the BEST I have been on.

I never feel deprived and my digestive system has never been happier.

I hope it helps you some.

:D :D

Thank you so much for your advice. I'm going out tomorrow to get the South Beach Diet book. You are a true inspiration.

God Bless

Congratulations on your achievement. I think most mothers can relate to trying to get rid of pregnancy weight.

Your post grabbed my attention because I also have done South Beach in the past. I see that you eat very sensibly. Good for you. (Of course, the program starts off very restricted), and I did VERY well on this diet at the start. Weight melted off, but then you have to eat a little more realistic and keep exercising!

I'm at about 130 and trying to just lose about 2-3 lbs. for my first goal. I know it doesnt seem like a lot, but can't get rid of this pooch in front! (I'm 5'2) I was at about 132-133 all year, so progress has been seen!! I have done well during the holidays, only went up a lb. which should come off, but I want to be a few lbs. lighter when I go skiing on the 16th of January. I definitely have gained from strength training with Cathe.

Thank you for your "food diary" re-inforcement for me. The fruit at night is a good idea. I tried yogurt last night and was still hungry! and I can't eat Ricotta (SB) all the time!

I continually look to the Cathe forums for inspiration, etc. Thanks.
Good luck and keep it up!

I can post some snacks that you can have at night that are very feeling and not too high in calories.

I will post them a bit later. Gotta run and get my daughter from school.

:)

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is my dream to be in the coveted 130's. I'll even take 139 3/4 pounds. I too am trying to get that baby fat off too. (I'll never tell that my baby is 12!)

Cheryl

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.