Hyperthyroidism

sammycat

I was just diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (that was a surprise). Anyone else have this? Are there any supplements out there to help regulate the thyroid? I will be on levothyroxine, but I was wondering if I could do anything else to help get myself back into balance. I'm a little concerned because I have just lost a lot of weight. (My doctor tells me at least part of that weight loss was due to my thyroid), and I DO NOT want to gain it back.

I'd appreciate any info.

Thanks again.

Hi Sammycat,

I have the opposite condition, hypothyroidism and i take levothyroxine as well. you should not gain weight as long as you continue with your healthy eating and exercising regularly. the medicine is just to level out your hormone levels. you wouldn't want your thyroid to be over-active for a long period of time as it can begin to cause muscle weakness and eventually deterioration. be sure to get your levels checked regularly to ensure that your prescribed dosage is accurate. once the proper levels are established, you should only need a yearly check.
no worries!! :) good luck!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.