hurt achilles :-(

Fortunately I don't have personal experience with that injury! But, from what I know, I wouldn't mess around. I'd get it looked at by a doctor if it isn't better in a couple days. I've heard too many nightmare stories about snapping tendons, etc.
I'm sorry you're injured! :(
Becky

Good advice! That's what I would do. It's too dangerous to play around with that tendon. Get in to see your doc ASAP and don't work out until you do!

I had this a couple of years ago. It was painful but I rested it for about 2 weeks and then started working out slowly. It eventually went away. I get tightness every once in a while but that's it.

If you are concerned, you should go to the doctor. I didn't but if it is really bothering you, you should go

Definitely see a doctor to rule out anything too serious. Once you are cleared I would invest in Classical Stretch. Miranda talk about stretching the achllles and boy does it feel good! I always incorporate this into my calf stretches now.

Hi. Sorry to hear about your Achilles. I agree with the others, go to the Dr. as soon as you can. I've had Achilles issues in the past due to running. One thing that has helped me was using those heel gel inserts in my shoes. You can get them at Target, Walmart, Dicks, etc. They will raise your heel up, which shortens the tendon and that takes some of the strain off the Achilles tendon. And stretching is really important.. both your calves and your hamstrings. I also use "The Stick" on my calves and hamstrings to keep those muscles loose.

Hope you feel better soon :)

Get to a doctor immediately, I didn't and ended up in surgery (2x both left and right achilles).

Do not go barefoot, put inserts into your shoes to raise your heel, do not wear flip flops. Ice the tendon.

Make sure you stretch your calves, hamstrings and glutes.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.