*~*~*~* Hump Day MELTERS*~*~*~*

allwildgirl

Cathlete
Morning ladies...

I just got finished with Bootcamp (the original) and I'm a big sweaty mess. Just wanted to get us started before leaping in the shower.

I'll bbl.

Hi Shelly and all that follow!

Thanks for starting us out...I'll be doing some I-Train while the "Little Spitfire" is resting in his crate.. DH is home this morning because he has late hours on Wed night.. He can be the Chaser for a while!;-)

BBL...

Deb

It's wed and I must go back to work after two great days of vacation. Last night, I got my walking i. It was too cold out at the lake. 8 more days till my next time off from work, and 9 days till I fly out.

Good morning, all!

I was up at 4:50 to do GS Chest & Triceps & Core Max 1. Now off to get ready for another day of VBS. I hope you all have a great day!

BBL!

Hi, all you Melters!

Goodness, look at all these workouts already! I did the 4DS upper body premix last night. I got a good workout, but for some reason it wasn't as fun as it usually is. Oh well. Next time! And tonight I'm going to do CC8 again!!!! Endorphins, here I come.

Shelley - I'd probably puke if I did BC that early in the morning. :p All that up and down, changing weights, then down on the floor for abs .... ick. But it's always been one of your favorites, hasn't it?

Deb - I love hearing about the "little spitfire." You sound just like you've got a human baby, with all the attention you give him. Isn't it great?

Kristi - I hope VBS is going well! Is it a full week?

Good morning, all!

I agree with Shannon -- I'm tired just hearing about all those workouts you've all been doing today!:)

I'm supposed to do Muscle Endurance today, but, in the spirit of June Fun Workouts, I think I'm going to swap that out with the new kettlebell workout I haven't tried yet -- the Extreme Cardio one that Kara had recommended.

Yesterday afternoon, I talked to my SIL about trying to get together with her and my little niece Clementine this week. When I asked if she was free at all the rest of the week, she replied, "Well, next week your brother is on vacation, so we're hoping to do something." What?? What about *this* week?! It just bothers me b/c she runs so hot and cold, and I really wanted to see my niece since I haven't visited with them in ages. I think my SIL is also mad b/c she had the "great" idea of the whole family doing a harbor boat cruise this Sunday for Father's Day, but I told her that we didn't really want to spend $75 each on tickets for DH and me for a two-hour boat trip. Ug! Sorry to vent!:-(

Shelley -- Sending you and Karen loads and loads of {{{{HUGS}}}} today! Keep us posted, OK?

Deb -- Good idea to let DH help with Keegan a bit more today!

Shannon -- Hooray for CC8 again tonight! Has your calf been doing better?

Kristi -- Hope you have fun at VBS again today! Is it supposed to be just as hot out today? I think I may order that dress tomorrow since that 30% coupon is good starting then. I don't usually like thin straps like that, but I just love the colors of the dress, and thought it would be nice for the wedding! I hate wasting the rest of the egg, too!

Kara -- Do you have a Macy's near you? If so, see if you can go pick up some of those tops today. They were only $12 each!!! What a bargain! Wish me luck doing the KB workout today -- I think I'll need it! Is today another hectic day for you? Does the new flooring come today?

Tneah -- I seriously doubt that you have any sort of roll on that tight, taut tummy of yours! I've never felt comfortable wearing shorter workout tops, not only b/c of my flabby belly, but also b/c I'm extremely, blindingly white! I can't usually do ankle straps either, but aren't those green shoes gorgeous? I also usually don't like spaghetti straps either, but I may try out that dress and see how it works. Halters usually look better on me. What a bummer that you didn't get a great workout with the RCR program. Did you get some good advice on the open forum? Do you think you'll stick with it?

Robin -- Hope you got a good night's sleep last night! Sounds like you needed it! Like Tneah said, you and your DH are such a fabulous-looking couple! You both look s vibrant and happy in those photos!

Jennifer -- Good luck back at work today!

Lainie -- Has it cooled off there a bit? Hope so! Is it possible to get more air conditioning units put into the house as part of your upgrades? How is your mouth feeling?

Hi lovely ladies! I just had to pop in quick to tell Shelley that I am sending prayers and ((((HUGS)))) to her and Karen. Hang in there! :)

I will be back!

Kara

Hey all. Just wanted to catch up a bit. Yep, Emma just began piano lessons and seems to really enjoy it. She gets bored easily with activities, so I am hoping this will be challenging/fun enough to keep her attention. :) Plus, I want her to teach me! }( I HAD to play the clarinet for 7 years and did not enjoy it. I hated putting my mouth on the reed. The feeling was like nails on a chalkboard. I know, poor me. :p

Leanne--I will try to get to Macy's today! Thanks for letting me know. I have to help DH put in the patio door this afternoon. Yes, it did not go in on Sunday (looong story). The flooring project will begin Friday afternoon. I have to clear everything (furniture, etc.) and it is taking a long time! Ugh. Are you going to get that dress? I hope you enjoy the KB workout! That one leaves me completely spent, especially after the turkish get-up section. I had to use an 8# dumbbell the first few times I did them. They are hard! I am sorry that your SIL is acting so odd. You sound like a great aunt! Clementine is such a cute name. I love it! I also don't blame you for not spending that amount of money on a cruise. Family can be frustrating, eh? ;-) Good luck with the workout! :)

Kristi--Good job on the workout at 4:50! Have fun at VBS!

Shannon--OK, OK, I will download CC8 TODAY!! :7

Jennifer--It sounds like you enjoyed your days off! Where are you flying to?

Robin--Love the pics! You look so relaxed, happy, and YOUNG! :)

Deb--How is the little one? Active?? }( Have fun!

Tneah--Do you like to play the piano? I have always wanted to play. My FIL has a Steinway Grand and is an amazing pianist. It is such a beautiful instrument. Are you a fan of circuit work? There has been so much talk on the forum recently about Crossfit, Afterburn, etc. that I have been intrigued. I usually keep my weight work separate and controlled though. Do you think Red Carpet Ready could be modified (easily) to work the upper body harder? Any plans today? Is DH back?

Shelley--More (((((HUGS)))))

Well, ladies, I must move some furniture. x( This morning I did PlyoX and S&H Chest and will do Back later. I haven't tried step since my ankle injury and am scared to! Controlled, non-dancy movements seem alright, but am worried that twisty movements may hurt it. :-( I miss it! Oh well, at least I can workout! :)

Leanne - it sounds like your idea of a fun workout means kettlebells! :7 I'm glad you're enjoying them! You should tell your SIL, yeah, that's great, but what about THIS week? Pin her down! Oh, my calf is still so-so. It's still achey, so I'm being careful.

Kara - I hope Emma enjoys piano. Be careful with that ankle. Could you start out with low impact step? At least if there are any pivots, they won't come with impact, which might help you get back into step. Low Max and the cardio premix to LIC are lifesavers to me!

Morning All:)

I have been sleeping later than usual. Good for me, must need the extra winks.;)

Deb, "Spitfire"....cute! Keegan would look so handsome in a little plaid jacket...do you dress your boys?:7 I would if I had a little dog! Georgie could wear my clothes actually, he is too big for anything you find at PetSmart.

Kara, I love the piano, but never play. Around the holidays I do which is nice. I play by ear, if I hear a song, I can go play it on the piano, kinda strange, I do read music but prefer to just sit and do my thing. Always had a huge problem with the counting aspect of playing the piano. Oh, and the Red Carpet workout? I read more about it, and it seems the girls on the OD love it, and do more circuits than I did last night, so I really am going to give it a whirl.

Shannon, have fun with CC8! I know you love him.:7

Shelley, you do Bootcamp more than anyone I know, its like Jennifer with her Bodymax 2!:7 BC is a great workout, I should do it more often myself,. you really do feel worked out afterwards.

Leanne, hooray for weird/grouchy/moody relatives! Sorry about your SIL...sometimes I am so glad I am not close with my sisters (long story there) and then there are days I wish I had a sister to call and be pals with. Your darling Clementine has the best name ever! Love it.
Have fun with the kettleball today.

Kristi, sounds like you already got that workout in today, good for you!

Well, I am not sure what I workout to do this morning, I really crapped out yesterday. Think I will put on a Spinervals, and then attack my upper body tonight. Tomorrow I will do the Red Carpet R workout, the way the gals on the OD do it, they take 3 circuits and do them three times each...so that would actually be a good workout!

This afternoon DH goes back to SLC...I have my annual this afternoon...gross. I get the anxiety just thinking about it, I have serious issues with the whole process, just feels invasive and makes me angry for some reason...well I know why that is, but that is a session with Dr. Phil or something!;) BBL...

Hey all,

I'm procrastinating my workout b/c I think I'm SCARED to start it! I re-read the description of it, and I'm not sure if it's going to be fun or if it will kill me. UG!

Shannon -- Glad your calf is doing alright! I need to call my SIL back today anyways to let her know that we're not going to do that boat ride, but I may just give up on seeing them this week. :-(

Kara -- Hope that the door installation goes smoothly today! How exciting that the floor will go in on Friday! What kind of flooring are you doing in the kitchen? Yes, family can be such a challenge, huh?! Thanks for the great idea of using the 8# DB for the TGU's. I'm scared of doing the workout since it looks so intense! Hope Emma is enjoying her lessons! Only three more weeks until Colin is back home?

Tneah -- {{{HUGS}}}! Sorry you have that awful Dr. appointment today, but then it will be over with for another year, right? Glad you got some good advice for the Red Carpet workouts! I know, isn't Clementine such a cute name?

Shelley -- Sending you more {{{HUGS}}} in case you're lurking!:)

OMG! I just got done doing that kettlebell workout, and it was SOOOO intense! I was so proud of myself, though, b/c I was able to get through all of the reps. My entire body is shaking right now. Whew!

Kara, thanks so much for the recommendation! It was so much fun and so awesome! And I appreciate the advice of using the 8# DB for the Turkish Get-Ups; I did that and then I quickly switched to my 20 # KB for the swings, and it was great! Having the 20# made a huge difference -- and I think I'm going to be sore for sure tomorrow!}(

Hey everyone! Sorry I haven't been around today. I just heard from my BIL and Karen is out of surgery. It was successful, they got the tumour out (now being sent to pathology) and she's in recovery!

Thank you all SO much for your love and prayers and everything. I'm heading out to get Sophie now and I'll check back in later if I can.

You guys are the best!

Yeah Shelley! I am so happy to hear the good news! :) I totally spaced this morning, I am sorry I did remember Karen's surgery was this morning, but sending you ((hugs)) right now. Keep us updated.

Hi everyone!

Shelley--Yea! I hope Karen makes a super quick recovery! :)

Tneah--Good luck at your appointment. :)

Shannon--Thanks for the advice. I really enjoy the cardio on LIC, so I will give that a whirl. Thanks!

Leanne--I am so glad you liked that workout! Good job finishing it! I ran to Macy's and they don't carry workout clothing! :eek: That is just plain crazy! We are putting in ceramic tile. I can't wait! We get to pick up Colin 2 weeks from Saturday! YEA!!! :D Did you decide on the dress? Is your DH on summer break yet? Hopefully you two can have some fun together before BIL arrives! }(

I am slowly progressing...will check back later!

Kara :)

Tneah - lucky you with the extra sleep! Get some for me, will ya? ;) Wow, I just can't imagine playing any musical instrument, much less by ear! You're a talented lady.

Leanne - wow, you sound like you had a blast! What's so different about a kettleball workout?

Shelley - I'm so glad to hear the good news!! Please let us know as soon as you hear the pathology results. And give Karen my very best.

Kara - I hope you enjoy that premix!

Good grief is this day dragging. I've got two hours and 15 minutes, and I wonder if I'll expire from boredom before then? Remind me of this the next time I gripe when I'm swamped, okay? :+

Hooray, Shelley! Thank you so much for checking in to let us know how Karen is doing! I had tears in my eyes when I read your message since I've been thinking of you both all day, and know what a mess you've probably felt like. That is just so wonderful that they were able to remove all of the tumor. We'll all still keep sending our prayer, love, and hugs to you and Karen so that she recovers quickly!!:) Please do keep us posted when that pathology report comes back!

Tneah -- How did the doctor visit go today? Have you been yet? Sending you {{{HUGS}}} and encouragement!

Kara -- What?! Your Macy's doesn't carry workout clothes! Oh! I feel so bad that I sent you over there for nothing! Check their website since they usually carry a lot of good stuff on-line, or let me know what size/styles you wear and I can try to pick you up some stuff and mail it to you! :) I bet that new tile will look great. Are you and DH doing it yourselves? I'm waiting to order the dress until tomorrow, when I can use the 30% off coupon. Hope they still have my size then!;-) That was a great idea of Shannon's to do some low-impact step until your ankle is fully healed. You're a workout maniac!;-) DH is off today (he's actually still asleep, the lazy bum, and it's almost noon here!), but he won't be officially done until after next Tuesday (his last day of work). Since he has final exams this week, he doesn't have to go in everyday, which is nice.

Shannon -- Yes, we'll be sure to remind you of the boring day when you're swamped!;-) Is it usually OK if you snoop around on-line and chat when you have slow days like today? Well, the KB workouts just kind of work your body in a different, very functional way. I think it's just fun to do a kind of training that I've never done before, and it really challenges you both physically and mentally. I don't think I'm explaining it very well, so maybe Kara can chime in more since she's our resident KB Guru! Here's a clip from the workout I did today so you can check it out a bit more:

http://www.dragondoor.com/dv052.html

Lainie -- Where are you today, chica? We miss you!:)

Leanne - thanks for the clip! It is quite different from standard weightlifting - wow! I'd probably swing it up and bang myself in the face. :p Ummmm, no, it's not actually all right for me to play online at work. If I got caught I'd be in trouble. But I always get my work done early or at least on time, and often ask others for more. So nobody has a reason to keep an eye on me... I hope... :eek:

Good Afternoon fellow Melters!

I can't believe how unscheduled my days are right now...everything revolves around a certain 3 # little bundle of energy's schedule for feeding, pooping, and the other...(TMI?)..He needs crate time ( sort of like a time out for puppies)..and that is when I do stuff around here, like workout! I never realized how free my days were "BK" ..and I actually had to go into work again for 2 hoursx( ..well I am going to take these 4 hours another time that;s for sure..

Jennifer:
So glad you had some nice time off!:)

Shannon:
I just might try that 4DS pre-mix tomorrow and let DH take over the "Keegan Watch" since it's his day off! You are really liking that CC8..which is great! Yes..work can drag if you are not busy..

Leanne:
I think it's great that you are being very flexible with your JUne fun workouts! It takes a lot of the stress out of a "must do" rotaion. Those KB workouts sound like fun! I am doing all I can to not look into too much! I wish STS would get here! I understand that they want good quality, but I think you have to draw the line somewhere. It can't take a year to get a series out! I know all about SIL's and their moods! Sometimes I feel like I have to walk on eggs with whatever I say to mine.x(

Kara:
It's so nice that Emma is taking piano lessons.. that is something I wish I would have done when younger. You did PlyoX and S&H? Good for you!:7

Tneah:
The dogs actually have some nice coats ( sheerling (sp?) lined for when it is below zero degrees here in winter. Kelsey and Clancy both modeled clothes and such for a catalog called "Pedigree" that was owned by PetSmart. It is now gone, however they both did covers and a lot of inside shots with different clothes on and collars etc. I wish I could show those pics! They were "paid" $50 per hour in gift certificates for catalog. I hope your apt today was quick and no surprises. Too bad your DH has to travel again:-(

Shelly:
Wonderful news about Karen!!:) :) . Please keep us updated.

Have a great day!

Deb

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.