How's everyone doing on the meal plans?

Carrie,

I just mentioned to my check-in buds that I am actually having trouble eating everything on my plan -- this is a first! Down two lbs. after the first week and feeling full...needless to say I'm very pleased!

I've lost 3 lbs in a week, but I've had a couple of days where I was a bit hungry.:confused: I'm not earning all A's, but I'm happy with my progress. :D

Is anyone getting all A's? I'm in awe of you.

Watch the demo on the nutrition software, on the homepage of cathenation.com. It is helpful, but left me with more questions.

Does the program help you decide how many calories you need? And from what I gathered on the demo, you can add the nutritional info from foods you eat that may not be on there?? I think I asked another in an edit to this, but that got lost... Thank you!

Im also interested in hearing more about the meal plans......The demo looks like its simple to use!

I would like to know if its difficult to add in favorite foods?

Congrats to those that have lost weight!!!

Yes, please give us more info on the meal plans! I watched the demo on the nutrition section and really liked it. I am a picky eater, and am concerned that my nutritional requirements are not being met. The grading system looks tremendously helpful in that regard, and I am very seriously considering signing up in order to get some help on proper eating. But I want to hear more first!

Beth11

I am really enjoying the NS. Adding custom foods is as easy as reading the label from your food and keying it into the fields which are in the same order as most labels. Then adding it to your favorites or just selecting it from custom foods.

No, I have not been able to get all A's yet - I have come very close though. :D

I LOVE the copy and paste feature because a lot of days I eat the same thing for breakfast.
The best feature for me is it keeps me honest. Also I am learning a lot about the foods I eat and feel I am making better choices. :)

One thing I don't like about it is when you select a food from their food list you can not tell what ingredients are in it. It would be helpful if you could display that information. (If there is I have not found it:)) Like tuna salad, how much mayo to tuna ratio or if you added celery. When you select a food from their list it just ups your grades automatically and you have no idea if it is the way you make tuna salad.

Does the program help you decide how many calories you need? And from what I gathered on the demo, you can add the nutritional info from foods you eat that may not be on there?? I think I asked another in an edit to this, but that got lost... Thank you!

Yes and yes.

Yes, please give us more info on the meal plans! I watched the demo on the nutrition section and really liked it. I am a picky eater, and am concerned that my nutritional requirements are not being met.

When you are planning your meals for the day, if you are deficient in a particular area, you can click "get suggestions" for a list of foods rich in the particular nutrients you are lacking. The computer automatically makes suggestions based upon what it recognizes you need.

You can also browse the entire-day meal plans of users who earned all A's and have the same calorie targets as you. You can tweak this search even further to accommodate certain dietary restrictions you might have. For example, maybe you only want to see meal plans that are non-meat or non-dairy. It's all easily done with just the click of the mouse.

Im also interested in hearing more about the meal plans......The demo looks like its simple to use!

I would like to know if its difficult to add in favorite foods?

Congrats to those that have lost weight!!!

Thanks, Amelia! It really is simple to use -- a lot like WW online. But better, IMO. The hardest part is logging in. :)

One thing I don't like about it is when you select a food from their food list you can not tell what ingredients are in it. It would be helpful if you could display that information. (If there is I have not found it:)) Like tuna salad, how much mayo to tuna ratio or if you added celery. When you select a food from their list it just ups your grades automatically and you have no idea if it is the way you make tuna salad.

Good point, Jann. That would be nice to see it and be able to edit it.

I've lost 3 lbs in a week, but I've had a couple of days where I was a bit hungry.:confused: I'm not earning all A's, but I'm happy with my progress. :D

Is anyone getting all A's? I'm in awe of you.

Congrats, Lisa! I'm not getting straight A's down the board, but I am close. The biggest challenge for me has been potassium, but I think part of the reason for that is because I didn't/don't have the potassium info for some of my custom foods. I'm doing better now. I always get an F in niacin, though. :( My multi-vitamin automatically puts me over the recommended amount.

Oh, this sounds awesome! I watched the demo and have been on the fence all week about whether to join up or not. Thanks to all your responses, reading them has helped me make up my mind. I'm off to join! :)

Marcia.

I'm not getting straight A's down the board, but I am close. The biggest challenge for me has been potassium, but I think part of the reason for that is because I didn't/don't have the potassium info for some of my custom foods. I'm doing better now. I always get an F in niacin, though. :( My multi-vitamin automatically puts me over the recommended amount.

I have the same problem with my multi-vitamin. It took me a day or two to realize the Fup Arrow meant over the recommended amount. :eek:

I like too that you can select the area you are deficient in and get suggestions, that has been a great learning tool for me. :)

Marcia,let us know what you think! I may be right behind ya.....my diet is all over the place,right now im being consistant but who knows what tommorrow will bring:confused:

Is the nutrition system stable now? When you want to go in and enter your meals, does it let you or are there days you can't get in?

I know you get grades for different nutrients. I like that. But can you get actual reports of, say, how many mg of calcium you ate on a particular day?

Thanks,
April

Is the nutrition system stable now? When you want to go in and enter your meals, does it let you or are there days you can't get in?

I have been able to use the program every day since I joined. The only issue I have had is with logging in, but it hasn't been difficult getting around that.

I know you get grades for different nutrients. I like that. But can you get actual reports of, say, how many mg of calcium you ate on a particular day?

Yes, you can click on "View Complete Nutrient Summary" to see your totals for the day. When you click on the individual nutrient in the report card, you can also see how the foods you ate stack up for that particular nutrient.

Thanks, Cathy! Off to sign up for a month. DH says if I like it, I can get the year-long membership. :D

April

Yes, you enter your personal information into the NS and it will calculate how many calories you need. You can enter current weight, desired weight, height, activity level, RMR, BMR and I am sure I am missing a couple ;). The calculation is done with standard calculations from the the Institute of Medicine of the National Academies of Science and the USDA's Agricultural Research Service.
I had the New Leaf Active Metabolic Training and the Resting Metabolic Rate Assessment tests done and the NS numbers were pretty darn close. :eek:

Yes, you can add your own custom foods.

I second what Cathy said, share what you think. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.