How to remove Cathe new yoga mat smell?

poohpeggy

Cathlete
I purchased Cathes Yoga Mat and Step Mat and Boxing gloves among other equipment from her.

Please advise how do I get the horrible smell off these new products?
Thank you in advance as I am eager to use them.

ASUTRA Organic Yoga Mat Cleaner (Fresh & Unscented), 4 fl oz | Safe for All Mats & No Slippery Residue | Cleans, Restores, Refreshes | Comes w/Microfiber Cleaning Towel | Deep-Cleansing Natural Cleaner for Fitness Gear, Pilates & Gym Equipment​

I use this on my yoga mat, not a Cathe mat, because it helped with the smell of mine and also took away some of the slipperiness that happens with new mats. It comes in different smells and I get it from Amazon.

Several months ago, I purchased a med ball (not Cathe's) and it had a terrible chemical smell or something.
I washed it about 3 times and put it out in the sun to dry and sit.....I thought that smell would never go away,
but eventually it was gone. Thank goodness! It was awful.....

Thank you everyone. I’ll go look to order Asutra.
I’m wondering if 4 Oz will cover this 6 foot round mat.
Since it’s been so hot here in Sun City AZ, I do not dare put them outside.

Having been a long time Cathe customer from waaaay back, I am bummed. It was a big deal for me to order it all plus STS 2.0.

I'm very sensitive to smells, but I didn't have any issues with Cathe's 6' mat or the one for the step. I ordered mine about 2 years ago though, so maybe something has changed in the manufacturing or the way they are stored? I hope you find a solution. A lot of odors cause me to have headaches, which is why I normally order from Amazon, where I can read reviews first and can return the item if it stinks up my house. Cathe's site is the only other place I'll order workout equipment from, because her items have never had a strong odor. Please let us know if the smell goes away, because if it doesn't, I might need to stop ordering anything that's not a video. If you can't get the smell out, you might want to contact customer service and see if there is anything they can recommend or do to help out. I really don't think their items normally have this issue. I'm sure they'd want to know if there has been a change in the way the company that manufacture's their mats is making them.

A lot of odors cause me to have headaches,
Agreed Braille, causes me headaches as well! I know with that med ball that I mentioned
above, again not Cathe-related, even though the ball was kept downstairs, I could smell
that sucker upstairs too! It bugged the heck out of me....I almost returned it but kept
taking a rag with water & Dawn dish detergent and kept wiping it, putting it outside, etc
and finally it went away!

I'm very sensitive to smells, but I didn't have any issues with Cathe's 6' mat or the one for the step. I ordered mine about 2 years ago though, so maybe something has changed in the manufacturing or the way they are stored? I hope you find a solution. A lot of odors cause me to have headaches,
I did buy my mats at different times. I bought the large round April 2021 and no odor. Step mat and regular mat on BF 2022 and no odor.
I'm sure they'd want to know if there has been a change in the way the company that manufacture's their mats is making them.
I would think they would, too. Please let us know how it turns out.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.