How much sleep do you feel that your body requires to work at peak performance?

How much sleep do you feel that your body requires to work at peak performance?

• Total voters
RE: rest of the quest: requires to work at peak performance...

My body requires more than 10 but i usually only get 6-7 :-(

My body needs 8-9 but I never get much more than 6 during the week. I sometimes try to get a little extra on the weekend, but you don't seem to ever catch up do you?

I'm like icklemoley. I need more than 10 and I usually end up getting 8-9 though there have been many occasions where I've only managed 4-5. I try to get my 10+ hours sleep in every night because my body builds a sleep deficit and I can end up sleeping all weekend just to catch up on the week. I love sleeping though :)
ATB,
- Lisa :)

I voted for 6-7 but more accurately it would be 7-8 hours, I usually rise on my own after 7.5 hours of sleep. But I can still workout at full steam even if I only get 6 hours, under that and I'm usually going for a "non-Cathe" workout and probably hi/lo cause I'll stumble over my step if I'm too tired! :D

Donna

Fitness~ It's a journey, not a race!

Ideally, 9-10 is right for me (but I chose 8-9 because it's not really "more than 10," except occasionally). When I do heavier weight work (like S & H), I need the extra hour (and sometimes a nap in the afternoon).

9 hours is generally perfect for me, whether I'm working out heavily or not. I generally get about 6 a night during the week, but even if I get 7 hours, I'm suffering. It's so sad, because most of my family functions wonderfully only only 4 or 5 hours, my dad regularly staying up for 30+ hours without a problem. It would help so much if I could do the same!! Ahhhhh, but somebody's gotta keep the coffee shops in business.

Sara

http://www.picturetrail.com/rayiisara/sblordita

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.