How long should it take?

Zozo

Cathlete
It takes 6 hours for each workout to download onto my computer! is this just me? Or does it take everyone this long?

Also, I left it downloading while I went out, and came back and the whole thing had disappeared!

Does anyone else's downloads take this long???

download speed

The time to download will depend on your connection speed, but 6 hours is very slow. Most people with a good cable modem should be able to download a 60 minute workout in under an hour during low to normal web traffic. Here is a link to a calculator that will help you determine download time for almost any type of connection.

http://www.csgnetwork.com/csdlspeedcalc.html

We would like to also hear from everyone how long it is taking them to download files. This will help us to know if we need to make adjustments to our server.

OMG! What, do you have dial up??? It should never take that long to download ANYTHING!

It takes 6 hours for each workout to download onto my computer! is this just me? Or does it take everyone this long?

Also, I left it downloading while I went out, and came back and the whole thing had disappeared!

Does anyone else's downloads take this long???

I downloaded Body Max, which is about 90 minutes long, in about an hour and a half. It may have been slightly faster than that, but when I came back to my computer, the download had finished.

edit: Just wanted to add that I have DSL (not the fastest DSL, either.)

It really does make a difference what your connection speed it. No matter what the cable/intermet providers advertise, your connection speed may vary depending on the time of day or other factors. This can really extend or shorten your download time.

No, I don't have dial up. And thank you for your responses. I thought it wa a long time too! And now that they are downloaded, they won't open! THey say the original file cannot be located. It's soo frustrating :'( Any ideas?

xxxx

I purchased the entire library. I typically show a download speed of ~500 KB/sec to ~1.5 MB/sec. I am tracking my download progress (not time because I don't typically watch the download) in excel (2007) that can be reviewed at the link below if interested. I have shared the file. To date, I have had only 1 file not successfully download within the 3 attempts given. As a reference Pyramid Upper Body took ~25 minutes.

http://files.me.com/susan.wells/6q5oxk

Susan

Last edited:
I read a thread on this last night! SNM gave some suggestions. You should be able to find it easily if you haven't already!

No, I don't have dial up. And thank you for your responses. I thought it wa a long time too! And now that they are downloaded, they won't open! THey say the original file cannot be located. It's soo frustrating :'( Any ideas?

xxxx

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.