How do you acheive a decent blow-out?

thebrain

Cathlete
O.K....beauty question!

I got my hair done on Friday and had a glorious two days of smooth, shiny, professionally blown-out hair! I REALLY tried to watch my stylist to see if I could achieve similar results at home. Of course, I do this every time I go to the salon, but when I try it, it looks...eh...okay, but not as smooth and shiny. I know it's impossible to get at it at the same angles and all, but maybe there is some other things I could do. I probably need a way-better brush. Any tips?

Have you tried a ceramic brush? I have a round one and I really like how shiny and smooth it leaves my hair.

I still can't make my hair look the way it does at the salon, but I usually don't like how they style it, so it's no problem for me! :)

I use the Revostyler brush which some people love and some hate. It took me a while to get used to it, but now I get great results from it. I also use a flatiron made of ceramic and tourmaline crystals. Good flatirons are expensive but well worth the investment, because the metal of bad quality ones will damage your hair. Flatirons are great because you can also use them to flip your hair or make it wavy. I got mine at sephora and have never had any problems with it.

Take care,

Ady

i'm a hairdresser, and the best tips i can give you are to get the right brush for your hair, and use an attachment on your blow dryer that will concentrate the flow of air onto the brush. the angles definitely come into play, too. it's so much easier for me to blow out someone else's hair than it is to blow out my own!

I have been trying to figure this one out for YEARS! I have finally given up and bought hair gel. My hair will go a little curly if I use gel and let it air dry so that I what I do. It looks cute and I don't get aggravated trying to blow it out and make it look like something. :) If I don't wash my hair every day I can usually get a nice straight look on the 2nd day which is fine but if I let it go with out washing it for any longer then I get greasy looking. ACK!

All good advice.. but i would also recomend a good quality ceramic iron with a heat protector. You can blow dry your hair with all the best stuff.. but it is hard to do as well as a stylist on your own hair. Good one's to try are the T3, CHI and the HAI convertable ceramic irons. They will give you that extra smoothness and humidity protection.

So, I have a question now too...:D Hope no one minds.

What makes a good brush?

I have long naturally curly hair....not super thick or coarse or anything... What type of brush is right for me?

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.