How do use the Gymstyle workouts?

Madison1

Ive had these for months & never used them.

I am a beginner/intermediate exerciser. Im looking to lose (about 10lbs) & define.

I have 5 days a week w/ a maximum of one hour.

I realize I need cardio also. Whats the best way to rotate these workouts?

I've been using the Gym Styles just like they are made: 3 day split. I do one every other day, and do a pure cardio on the alternate days. I try to do one interval cardio, one step, and one floor/running workout per week. A typical week might look like this:

M: GS Legs
T: Imax 2 or 3
W: GS Back, Shoulders, Biceps
Th: Step Blast +Core Max segment
F: GS Chest & Triceps
S: 30-40 minute run + Core Max segment

If you only have 5 days a week to workout, I'd just cut out one of the steady-state cardio days. I've really been seeing some great definition and fat loss by following this rotation.

Hi Madison,

I started to give you the rotatins that Cathe posted until I reread your post. One question, do just have the three gym styles or do you have the HC series. One more, if you just have the GS w/o's what kind of cardio do you have?

I've had GREAT results from this series. I have used these all kinds of ways (similar but with little changes).

Let's get some ideas going cause you need to crack these open,
jordan

InstantBlue thanks for the rotation idea!!

Jordan I have the HC series. Im excited to hear some ideas on what to do w/ these.
I know for sure I can do 5 days a week I might be able to squeeze in a 6th day.

Thanks So Much!

I should also add that I am probably closer to an Intermediate then a beginner.

Hi Madison,

I wouldn't recommend my rotation for you at this time because we are different and have different time constraints, but here are a couple of suggestions.

Option 1 (clean up your diet and take the stairs)

Day 1- *IMAX3 premix plus 1 segment coremax (# 53-59 min)
*step only (31 min)
or
*Intervals 1-5 (35 min) Intervals 6-10 (37 min)

Day 2- Muscle Max timesaver premix (56 min)

Day 3- *Kickmax (all the PM's are under an hour but you might want to start here)
*low impact timesaver (48 min)
or
*low impact kickbox (58)

Day 4- *Low Max premix plus 1 segment coremax (# 65 min)
*step only (44 min)
or
*Intervals 1-4 (45 min) Intervals 4-7 (44 min)

Day 5- Muscle Max timesaver premix (56 min) *OR
High Step Challenge (68 min) / HSch timesaver #1 (51 min)

Day 6- Stretch Max (20 min)(Stretching is important. If you can't fit this in, take out CM on day 4 & put in SM).

Option 2 (give yourself permission to challenge yourself but stop early if neccessary).

Day 1- Low Max (69 min) You can drop an interval or use a premix to save time or to build up to the work out. *OR
*Kickmax minus the leg drills (58 min ?)

Day 2- GS Chest & Triceps timesaver premix plus 1 segment CM (#54 min)

Day 3- IMAX3 (59 min)(Do as many intervals as you feel comfortable doing. Work your way up slowly).

Day 4- GS Back, Shoulders & Biceps timesaver premix plus one segment CM (57 min)

Day 5- GS Legs (67 min)/Timesaver #2 (49 min) *OR
*Timesaver #1 plus KM leg drills (50 min)

Day 6- Make time for at least one segment of Stretch Max

Tweak anything that dosen't fit for you. Once you use these workouts you'll find your own way. (Look it over carefully because it's late and I may have overlooked something).

Have fun,
jordan

redwood jt

Jordan mentioned Cathe had a post on this. What was it or where can I find it? Today is my first day on this site and I am trying to get up to speed.

>redwood jt
>
>Jordan mentioned Cathe had a post on this. What was it or
>where can I find it? Today is my first day on this site and I
>am trying to get up to speed.

Hi redwood jt,

Welcome to the forum :D . Look up at the top where the pinned threads are. Click on the index of Cathe's rotations (2) thread. The Hardcore rotations are listed in the Mar '05 rotation.

Have fun,
jordan

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.