Household Chores Part 2

Are you talkin' bout me marLa??? i am not on the computer all day! it just stays logged on and i check in alot!!!! :p i have witdrawls ! what can i say?

p.s. i also dust my keyboard alot!

jes

I'm with Ruth.

Seriously, though, I used to enjoy cleaning in the days when I did it. I'm pretty obsessive/compulsive and there was something soothing about it. I actually enjoyed using all the different vacuum attachments, and I remember using a toothbrush to clean between the tiles in the bathroom. But it used to take a good part of my weekends. After years of raises, we pay our maid so much now, there are times I think I wouldn't mind changing jobs with her. I mean, when she walks out the door, her job is OVER. No responsibilities, she doesn't take work home. Hey, anybody want to hire me?? :D

I'll hire you!! Seriously, I must have a genetic defect when it comes to cleaning skills/desire to clean. I love the way a clean house looks--and I do clean weekly--but not anywhere near the level of what everyone here has posted! (I do the bathrooms, my SO vacuums--meticulously, I might add--the kitchen gets cleaned daily, and dusting happens ...uh...let's not go there..)

So, here's my question for all you experts: How do you get white streaks (soap scum?? just general oldness??) off a tub? Have tried bleach cleaners, Ajax, Bon Ami--nothing works. It's really annoying, cause I scrub the tub weekly, and it still looks dirty.

Bunbun,
As I recall, you live in NY city. Sometimes the old bathrooms in New York apartments are impossible. In my last apartment, the tub had lost its coating, and the pure, porous porcelein was exposed. The best you can do sometimes is just to know that the tub is clean, even if it doesn't look so great. I haven't taken a bath since I moved to the city! I won't sit in a tub that isn't pristine, so I stick to showers. My new tub is better, but I won't bathe unless the bathroom is renovated, and the kitchen is up next for renovation. The bathroom isn't even on the list.

Okay, I'm rambling, but you get the idea.

-Nancy

Yup, I'm in an old building in the city, so you're probably right. I won't take a bath here either--yuck!--but my SO does. I'd like to renovate the kitchen and bath, but I rent, so it's not going to happen.

Oh, btw--completely off topic--I did wind up going to Ramy at Lord and Taylor's in the middle of that snowstorm last week. He did a great job--thanks again for the tip.

Bb

Bunbun,
Not to hijack the thread, but Ramy was Allison's idea and I went to see him also at his studio and my eyebrows look GREAT too!!!! :)
-Nancy

Editing to say I don't think Allison spends much time on these forums, but if you're out there Allison, thanks!!

Ah, thanks, will have to thank Alison when I "see" her. Glad your brows came out nice--I'm hooked! Sorry for the topic change, all: I'd send this by private message, but I'm totally clueless as to how to use that here. Plus, I need to get out of this apartment today before I go nuts. :)

I have to add my 2 cents here. I HATE cleaning but I know that it's a neccesary evil! Having 3 active kids, a husband and multiple pets and a FT job.....well, let's just say that everything gets cleaned on an as needed basis. If I can't see it,ie. the top of the fridge than it doesn't need it. I really don't have time to bother. My house is clean but cluttered. I'm envious of the homes of you that are able to concentrate on this task. I don't think I'll ever change my ways! Phyllis

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.