HOLY LO-IMPACT BATMAN!!

Tesla

I finally got through Low Max. A while ago I posted that I hated it--the first part got me so frustrated I wanted to whip my DVD across the yard.
So I previewed most of the workout without doing it.
Then I tried it...
I'm still spastic on some of the moves--reverse mambos come to mind. But the blasts are easier to follow AND THEY KILL.
My legs are going to be crumpled up tomorrow.
Good butt and leg work in this one--oh, and your heart rate will soar.
I have to go rest now!
Lisa:eek:

LOL. I remember your first post about LowMax... you were the one who wanted to throw something in the snow. You were advised to wait a few weeks and post again. Aren't you glad you listened?

Good for you Lisa! You will eventually get the choreography and then Low Max will be extra fun.

This is my new favorite workout. If I don't do it at least once a week, I feel like I'm going through withdrawels:p .

I want a whole series of Low Maxes.

take care
Maggie

Glad you stuck it out Lisa!

I had trouble too. I could NOT get the darn reverse mambos down! I had to rewind FOUR TIMES (no slo mo on my dvd) before I could even comprehend the foot work.

Now it's my favorite workout of ALL!

I figured out a trick to LoMax choreography. Let's all be honest - the cueing is not the best (she almost never tells you which foot you should be on), but if you watch it and figure out your own cueing, it helps. For example, Cathe generally says "reverse mambo" but that doesn't help me because I get my feet confused in the action. So, I figured out if I call out to myself LEFT or RIGHT I get the action going correctly from the start and it actually becomes pretty easy. Also, on the series where she has you doing side kicks standing on top of the box, at one point she says "march for 4" before she steps off of the box. Trick is, she says "march for 4" AFTER she marches for two. So - ignore her cue and march/count to six then step off. Anyway, like I said, if you figure out cueing that works for you and cue yourself I found it makes the workout much less confusing (except for sequence four - I've given up on that all together).

I'm on the 2nd week of the MARCH HC MUSCLE ENDURANCE rotation so last night was LO MAX. I absolutely love this workout and am improving every time I do it. I love it when I know the workouts, anticipate the next move and get into "THE ZONE"! My biggest choreography challenge with LO MAX is the "sweep" moves off the end of the step...I don't "get it"! Well, I'm homebound today with an abcessed tooth so I'll have an opportunity to view and review this move in between dentist appointments. In the meantime, if anyone can break down the steps to this move for me, I sure would appreciate it. Thank you!

~ Kim

"Welcome the challenge...Embrace it...Don't fear it."
-Cathe Friedrich

Yeah I just did Low Max this morning and my legs KILLED coming up the steps to my office a couple hours later!

Lisa

I'm liking LowMax more and more especially now that I'm getting more of the choreography. The blasts make me feel like a (leg work) wimp. One thing I find VERY interesting is that (for me) LowMax burns more slightly more calories than IMAX3. (Atleast according to my HR monitor.)

I started doing the premix for just the step work. I figure I'll get the step portion of the workout down first, then I'll go back through and start adding in the blasts. I've only done this one time, but I have it on my schedule to do over the weekend once or twice (depending on how I feel -- I've been getting over a stressful couple of weeks with a sinus infection). The first time I did this, though, I got all the step routines down...I had to rewind a couple of them to run back through a second time, but I got them. Since it's been a couple of weeks, I'm sure I'll be stepping all over myself again when I'm going through the routine this weekend, but I think I'll at least pick it up a little faster this time. These step routines are really creative and fun! I like a routine I don't "get" on the first or second try, because those get boring really fast.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.