Holiday questionnaire

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? My family no longer exchanges gifts, but in the past I most often used wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial? Artificial

3. When do you put up your tree? I don't actually "put up" a tree. I have a fully decorated tabletop tree that I "put out" :p

4. When do you take the tree down? the tree goes back into the closet after the Epiphany -- January 6th

5. Do you like eggnog? BLECH! I guess that means no :7

6. Favorite gift received as a child? My Thumbelina doll, although I've always lamented the fact that I never got an Easy Bake Oven.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, I inherited my mother's.

8. Hardest person to buy for? We no longer exchange gifts with siblings, and my nephews are so hard to buy for that I give them money so they can get whatever they want.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Me :)

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A set of bathroom towels from my MIL -- LMAO!!

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I declare a 4-way tie between Scrooge with Alistair Sim, It's a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, and A Christmas Story

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? N/A

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Oh yes!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas cookies

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear white

17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night and O Come, O Come Emmanuel

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Travel -- and I'm so tired of it.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Um...[font size=/1]no[/font]

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I used to put an angel on the top, but my current tree is decorated with berries and pine cones and it doesn't have a topper.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? When we were kids our mom let us open one after dinner on Christmas Eve and the rest on Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds and travel -- and the fact that stores start putting up their Christmas decorations before Halloween!

23. What I love most about Christmas? The lights and the beautiful music (I'm referring to religious carols and hymns, although I do love the secular music, too).

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper--much cheaper than bags.

2. Real tree or artificial? Both. I have a six foot artifical tree and a 6 foot real tree.

3. When do you put up your tree? I don't have a set date, as long as it's after thanksgiving. This year I put up the artificial one the weekend of Thanksgiving and the real tree, a week later.

4. When do you take the tree down? Any time after New Years. This year the real tree will probably come down Jan. 1st but the fake one is on the cat walk above the front door (20 feet up!) and requires A LOT of work to get up and down so that one will probably stay up longer.

5. Do you like eggnog? Haven't had in it so long! I probably do though. I love creamy drinks that have alcohol in them...;)

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Hmmm...I don't remember. Probably Sega Genesis--although that was a gift to me and all my siblings. I also got a rockin' Easy Bake oven one year and a super cool Creepy Crawler Maker another year. hehe.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? No, not of my own. My parent's have an awesome one and my sister has a Fisher Price one for her little girls. It's adorable!

8. Hardest person to buy for? My Mother.

9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister Robyn.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Anything from my uncle. He's ridiculous.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Neither--I don't send them out. But my Mom always mailed hers and when I have kids (or whenever I decide to send out cards) I'll mail them.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Oh dear, this is a hard one. A Christmas Carol with George C. Scott, It's A Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street (the original one--in black and white---I just watched this yesterday!!), White Christmas (man, I LOVE the music from that movie!!), One Magic Christmas.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Anytime after Thanksgiving

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Probably.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's christmas cookies, and spinach dip in a bread bowl. YUM! (I never make it any other time of year!)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? ALWAYS colored on a real tree!

17. Favorite Christmas song? Get ready for this--I'm a total dork: Any Christmas carols by the Osmonds or Carpenters! I wasn't even alive when they recorded these albums but my parent's always played them during the holidays and now I'm hooked! I love, love love them!

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Both. Travel to my parent's (VERY close by) for X-mas eve, and to MA to see my SO's family on x-mas day.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Of course!

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Sibling presents on Christmas Eve and Santa and Mom and Dad's presents on X-Mas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? All the obligations--gifts, travel, seeing people, etc. when all I want to do is stay home!

23. What I love most about Christmas? The lights!!! Oh, I love the lights! (And the music!--I'm a Christmas carol nut!) And the general feeling I get during the holidays. It's a constant feeling of excitement and anticipation!!

Allison

http://www.picturetrail.com/allisonj90

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? depends on the item, but lately I'm big on either a bag or a simple unwrapped white box with a colored bow. It's got to be recycleable.
2. Real tree or artificial? artificial - although I don't have one up
3. When do you put up your tree? na
4. When do you take the tree down? na
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, especially with brandy or bourbon
6. Favorite gift received as a child? no idea - can't recollect
7. Do you have a nativity scene? absolutely not
8. Hardest person to buy for? mother
9. Easiest person to buy for? me
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? coal in my stocking
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? neither
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? not an xmas movie fan, so I'll say
Love Actually
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I plan all year, but especially after August
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? not that I recall
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? latkes or egg nog
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? depends
17. Favorite Christmas song? the Adam Sandler Chanukah song!!
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? neither - I'm alone
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? yeah
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? something star-ish
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? flexible - with kids I'd say morning; with adults xmas eve
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? the marketing starting in October
23. What I love most about Christmas? the sheer commericiality and campiness of it; decorations; the idea of parties/gatherings; the weather; for all of the noise, it can also be a very quiet and peaceful time, as well; nothing beats NYC at Christmas

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Some of each

2. Real tree or artificial? artificial

3. When do you put up your tree? weekend after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? in the few days after Christmas

5. Do you like eggnog? Yes

6. Favorite gift received as a child? Trampoline

7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope...at my mom's

8. Hardest person to buy for? Boyfriend

9. Easiest person to buy for? Best friend

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Lotion from ex m-i-l

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Home Alone 2 / Little Drummer Boy

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? maybe once

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas meal (similar to Thanksgiving meal)

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? depends on my mood that year...blue lighte right now

17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy

18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? stay home

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? No

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? one on Christmas Eve and the rest the next day

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? People not in the spirit

23. What I love most about Christmas? EVERYTHING!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper.
2. Real tree or artificial? Real. I love the smell.
3. When do you put up your tree? Around 2 weeks before christmas day.
4. When do you take the tree down? Around 2 weeks after christmas day
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, i do indeedy!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? It's terrible but i can't remember!
7. Do you have a nativity scene? No.
8. Hardest person to buy for? My boyfreind because I so badly want to get it right. :)
9. Easiest person to buy for? My sister
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I can't remember that either.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Mmmm. That's a toughie, maybe Love Actually. I also love christmas episodes of friends.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Around a month before but i'm always on the look out for prezzies.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Strap in we're in for a long ride...Christmas dinner including: roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, roast carrots parsnips beetroot and turnips, brussel sprouts with chestnuts and sherry, braised cabbage, peas and leeks,gravy, goose with stuffing and sausages wrapped in bacon. Then onto the puddings...mince pies with cream custard and brandy butter, christmas pudding with all of the above, panetone, gingerbread and lots and lots of chocolate! I forgot breakfast...scrambled eggs on rye with smoked salmon and bucks fizz. }(
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Clear.
17. Favorite Christmas song? I like traditional christmas charols
18. Travel for Christmas or stay at home? Doesn't matter where as long as my family are there too.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? I'm ashamed to say that I can't. Not off the top of my head.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas day, between lunch and pudding.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds at the shops.
23. What I love most about Christmas? Getting to spend time with my family, decorating the tree with my sister and rediscovering all my favourite baubles, the wonderful food and that feeling of warmth and contentment that comes with it. I LOVE christmas.
:D

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Both - depends on how late I'm wrapping on Christmas Eve :D
3. When do you put up your tree? Usually around Dec. 10
4. When do you take the tree down? some time after the New Year
5. Do you like eggnog? Yes, I' like Grand Marnier in mine :D
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Nothing stands out
7. Do you have a nativity scene? yes, two little toy ones anyway
8. Hardest person to buy for? My FIL
9. Easiest person to buy for? my DS
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? really unattractive clothes from my aunt
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? The Santa Clause
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? after Thanksgiving
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? no
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Peppermint Bark
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? traffic & work piling up before the holiday
23. What I love most about Christmas? seeing the kids' faces on Xmas morning when they get something they REALLY wanted...

Merry Christmas everyone!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? wraping paper
3. When do you put up your tree? Thanksgiving weekend
4. When do you take the tree down? weekend after New Years
5. Do you like eggnog? sometimes
6. Favorite gift received as a child? A set of Ramona Quimby books
7. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a small china one -- too many pieces are broken, so we didn't take it out this year
8. Hardest person to buy for? Nephew
9. Easiest person to buy for? daughter
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? too many to mention
11. Mail or email Christmas cards? either
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? November
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? yes
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? fudge
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? colored
17. Favorite Christmas song? Run Run Rudolph
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? yes
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? varies year to year, depending on hubby's work schedule
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? people are generous and donate to charities when they are greedy and stingy the other 11 months of the year
23. What I love most about Christmas? the music and memories of childhood

Charlene

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.