hips and thighs

LUXX26

Cathlete
What workout would be good for my hips and outer thighs? I've been doing the legs and glutes dvd at least 2 times a week (been doing this for 2 weeks) I do IMAX 2 and boot camp and cardio max each week. and more..I try to vary. I just don't fit in my jeans like I would like too and I keep trying but it's starting to frustrate me.

It sounds like you haven't put in enough time to see noticeable results. You should see results in about 4 to 6 weeks of consistant workouts. I am new to Cathe so I don't have any comments on other workouts for you to use. But my lower half has always been a tough place for me to reduce and for me mixing things up seemed best for me and going as heavy on the weights as I could and keep good form. Also make sure you are eating healthy and drink lots of water. All of these things are good componants for skimming off the fat and adding muscle. GOOD LUCK!!!

Try putting more kickboxing into your routine. And yes, eat clean -- although this is easier said than done.:)

Pinky

My hips and thighs are the hardest area for me to keep in shape. What has worked for me is HEAVY squats. When you do squats, find the heaviest weight you can handle for 12 reps, then ADD 10 pounds. You'll get results. I've gotten better results with heavy lifting than L&G.
Susan C.M.:D

I agree with hippahips. Kick boxing will make a difference. Tae Bo did it for me. His Live Advanced series will trim those hips. Someone once posted that you can still get the Live's at one of those dollar stores.

thanks all- I drink tons of water (maybe too much) and I have been working out with Cathe since Jan. and been working out in general since middle school- I'm 30 now) I've just been kicking it up a notch as I listed to an hour and a half a day or more..I just want to lose it and it frustrated me

RE: hips and thighs(susan) and all

Thanks Sue...I do alot of squats but I guess I need more weight- my thighs don't get sore anymore and I think if I do what you said it will help...thanks. oh and about the diet- I'm trying to eat cleaner- it's just so hard....there have been many posts on this..I think we should do a daily/weekly chart of what we all eat- that might be cool to see. I've been eating more salads- but then when I eat them for supper I get hungry a few hours later- what's a good healthy snack?

I just finished Cathes July 2003 rotation and it made a very noticable difference in my hips and thighs. Its amazing. I have been working out consistantly for over 10 years and in the past I have also had success with running and kickboxing. I am so happy with my results that I just started the July rotation again! Good luck.

LUXX,

Be careful on lifting very heavy. Everyone is different and what I experienced, lifting any heavier than 45 lbs made my legs and hips bigger.

I'm finding that kickboxing and working my legs out more frequently, not going over 40 lbs are working better at trimming my hips and thighs.

I am lifting heavy - to the point where my legs shake and have been working with cathe since jan ( had to take 3 weeks off in march though because of a series of bugs, colds & strep throat) and last week i was sick too - but overall, my butt is just as squishy as when i began. i'm frustrated too! i eat extremely clean too! just at a loss...

Lynn, it took me about 6 months to see a difference in my lower body with Cathe's workouts. By month 8, I had a nice firm butt that I was happy with. For some of us, it takes much longer to see results. Hang in there.

Pinky

I'm no expert, but from personal experience, I would recommend upping the frequency of your leg workouts, and doing more endurance training rather than 'heavy' weights.

Pyramid Lower Body and Muscle endureance are great for this. The KickPunchCrunch/L&G Circuit is also GREAT.

To supplement with Cathe, you might want to pick up a copy of Billy Blanks "TaeBo Ultimate: Lower Body" and "TaeBo Ultimate: Buns". Also, "Slim Series: Firm it Up" (all three of these are unweighted leg work that will FRY your legs without adding any bulk.)

I did a 4 week Slim Series rotation with ultra clean eating (meal delivery service), and lost several inches in my legs. (enough to have to buy clothes in smaller sizes.)

One last thing...Winsor: Buns & Thighs has a lot of inner and outer thigh work...

Good luck!

Thanks Gym rat...I'll try the winsor buns and thighs but NOT the Billy Blanks- I can't stand to watch him and his workouts.....it's a lot of the people in the backround with fake smiles and intensity- I bought one of his videos and gave it away after one workout- it's just not for me- thanks for the advise though- I think i also need patience- it just seems that these hips came from nowhere and are hard to get rid of.

Luxx, Like someone mentioned, everybody is different. I used to have a fat butt (for my build~size 5 jeans), after lifting very heavy I now wear a girls 14 slim. So, you will have to experiment what works for you.
Susan C.M. :D

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.