High weight and low weight ??????

intensitylisa

Cathlete
:D Have any of you been from one extreme to the other re: your weight? I have been at a low of 108 and a high of 175 pounds. I am 5'5" and 38 years old(39 lurking around the corner in February). My weight has now settled in at 135-140. I would like to lose 10 lbs. and I will work on that this coming week. In order for me to be at the 108 weight, I literally had to starve myself. When I was at my highest of course it was after pregnancy.

Lisa, I don't know if this will help you, but its helping me and I am 5'2" and right now am 113, but the beginning of november before the holidays hit, I was 109 and then over the holidays I got to 117, what is working for me is running instead of walking, weight workouts of course and drinking lots of water, and I only eat when I am hungry and I only eat until I am satisfied, when I get to the point I am satisfied, I stop so not to over eat, and I don't eat after about 7 or 8 pm. I let my body feast on fat my body has stored.
I wish you the best .. oh and I am getting ready to start riding my bike.. and I am cutting way down on sugar .......... Rhonda :7

I'm 5'7" and have been 80 lbs and 180 lbs, all within the span of 2 years. In 1999 I was 80 lbs because I was starving myself and in 2000 I was 180 lbs because I was binging until I was sick, and then binging some more.

I haven't weighed myself in 4 years, but would suspect I am somewhere around 155. That is a complete guess. I wear a 9/10. I would love to lose weight too, but it is a process. I think the secret is to eat when hungry, stop eating before feeling extremely full, don't over exercise - which tends to make me ravenous, and don't be too obessesive or restrictive or backlash eating will eventually occur.

It's all about finding that happy medium.

i am 5'4 and have been as low as 106..by starving. i worked at a dept store and i used to self challenge myself what size in the GIRLS dept i could get into!!! i know..i had a problem. on the other end i was around 200 with childbirth... my goal is not the scale..but my favorite sz 5 gap jeans....couldn't tell ya what i weigh now..just dont know and dont want to start obsessing all over again!

Lisa, I sound like you- I'm 5'5", 35 years old and weigh approximately 132 lbs although I'm trying to avoid the scale. I wear a size 6 and am pretty content w/my body although I'd love to tighten everything up a notch before swimsuit season. I've gained 35-50 lbs during pregnancies and also was up to 168 for a few months in college when I lived on beer and cheesesteaks.

What scares me is I also have gotten down to 112 lbs through starvation years ago- have we all done this? It worries me having daughters knowing that so many of us have gone through the ups and downs of dieting...

:D I am pretty happy with the way I look for my age. I wear a 9-10, (like you Jillybean!) which is the same size I wore in high school even though I am 10 lbs heavier. It also sounds like you and I are almost the same build Brenda21! If I could just cut out the butter, cheese and carbs(pasta) in my diet I am sure I would lose. I can just imagine what I would weigh without "Cathe" workouts to help me out! I am sure I would be 20 lbs. heavier! I am an awful picky eater. My main diet consists of pasta. I am going to try to cut the butter and cheese and see what happens. Also, I need to stop snacking in the late evening before bed. I get so bored in the evening watching TV that I grab a snack!

Hi Lisa, like you and many others, my highest weight was after pregnancy. I'm 5'1" and was 142 lbs. before I gave birth. I went beyond the 35-lb. limit my doctor gave me, but she swore it was okay because I was underweight to start with. After childbirth I was 135 lbs. It took me 4 months to get back into my size 4 jeans. I didn't expect, however, that I'd get even smaller, what with my colic child who had to be carried around almost 24/7. Add to that his reflux disorder and chronic ear infections. My son didn't outgrow the crying and the reflux until he was about a year old. The stress ate me up. At the doctor's office during that time I hit only 98 lbs. The nurse said I was actually lighter because it was winter and I had my shoes and a couple of layers of clothes on while I was being weighed. Now I'm 108 lbs. and although I'd like to gain more weight (muscle) I no longer obsess over the scale. I'm at the low end of normal in my weight and BMI range, my old jeans still fit, and I feel better overall.

Pinky

I am 5ft7 and have been at my highest not pregnant of 236 and my lowest adult weight was 142 which was too skinny for my large frame and I couldn't maintain it. I am currently at 173.5 with the help of induction for Atkins' I am shooting for 165 so I can maintain it. I wear a size 10-12 mostly. I don't want to get too skinny again and not be able to maintain it, I am not getting any younger(will be 40 in March:eek: :+ ) and my metabolism isn't what it used to be:7 . I like that fact that due to weight training that I can fit into smaller clothes when before I was wearing larger clothes at the same weight.:D

Boy can I relate! My lowest weight since reaching my current height of 5'6" was around 100 and my highest was...170? 175? (a year or 2 ago) My highest measured weight was 165 but I think I went a bit above that and was too afraid to get weighed. Currently I'm between 150 and 155 and wear a size 6 in most pants with an occasional 8 or 4 (on rare days). I tell myself that I must have bones made of lead or something because people tell me I don't look my weight. But then sometimes I look in the mirror and think I have the body of a linebacker. The best diet plan I've found for myself is basically no diet plan...eating whatever I want but in moderation, which is tough, especially when it comes to sweets! But it's the only way I don't feel deprived and set myself up for a binge. I naturally tend toward carbs (including desserts :9) and figure my current eating consists of about 60% carbs, 25% fat, and 15% protein (just a guess, I don't keep track), and I've slowly been losing weight over the past couple of years. I think the key is that everyone needs to find what works for him/herself.

Holly

OK, my numbers are as follows. I weighed 7 lbs 12 oz at birth...

Seriously, as an adult, I am 5'8" and weighed 118 while an anorexic triathlon-training grad student in Ann Arbor, and 145 while a bulemic graduate student in Ann Arbor. I don't think it's fair to count pregnancy as highest weight, as much of that is "legitimate". I weighed 165 at full term, but lost back to 130 in about 2 months.

I now weigh 132.

I've weighed between 98 pounds and 168 when pregnant with Sam. I'm 5' 7". I only dropped 20 pounds from giving birth and it was slow going getting it off . He was a rotten baby and hated my baby jogger. I called running taking the baby for a cry. I got one of those pappoose things and he liked that. Without being pregnant the most I've weighed is abut 132. I'm 117 now but I am fine boned and carry all my fat in the gut so the low end of my weight range is best.
Bobbi "Chick's rule!" http://www.handykult.de/plaudersmilies.de/chicken.gif

I'm 5'5 and my lowest weight was 128 and highest was 170. I'm at 130-135 now. I want to get to 120. It drives me crazy that some people can lose so much but I struggle with it all the time. I have read posts where they lose like 45 pounds in less than a year. It takes me a year to even shave off 5. It must be amazing to get down to 98 lbs...imagine all the clothes you could fit into!!!

I'm 5'2" and currently weigh 118. My highest weight was 148 last Jan and my lowest was 99 when I got married. I'm happy with where I am right now at size 4. I always had a hard time finding clothes when I was at my lowest. I'm trying hard not to focus so much on weight and more upon my health and how I feel, but I still find myself on the scale a few times a day.

Well, I am pretty sure that by reading this, that most of us have had bad relationships with food in the past.HOpefully we are all over that now.
I am medium build.The lowest I can remember was the year I got pregante and I was 116.I am 5'4".Thats not as extremely low as some people here have been but I to,did it by being hungry!;( What were we thinking?
I would have one slice of cheese whiz toast in the mornings,nothing else till dinner,I would eat my dinner,exercise and then go to bed before I got hungry.I may have been hungry but I got lots of sleep:) The highest I can remember me being(not including pregnancy)is 137.
About 6yrs ago,I was sick and I also lost alot of weight then to.I don't know how much I weighed then b/c I wasn't doing it intentionally and I never weighed myself.I might have been even lower then 116 then.
Right now,I am 126 lbs.I would like to see 120 and reduce my sweet tooth.
Lori
:)

I am 5ft10. My highest weight was in the 42nd week of pregnancy = 182lbs (I started out at 150 lbs).

My highest non-pregnant weight was when I was newly married, moved to the USA and had to try out all of the easy/processed foods which put me at 162 lbs.

During High School I was 120 for about a year, but most of the time I was about 150 lbs.

Currently I am 144 lbs and I want to go down to 135.

Weight is such a funny (not funny ha ha) topic. I have seen people who’ve gained 50-80lbs and they don’t like it, but feel “ok”. And know people who gain 10lbs and fall into depression. Why is that? Can 10lbs weight gain really cause the same amount of depression, body dislike as, say, 90lbs? So much of how we feel is related to weight and weight loss. I know that this being an educated crowed we mean, fat loss not weight loss. Although… I was speaking with a friend about her “ideal” weight and she said, oh I’d like to weight about 115lbs (she is 5ft, 2”). I think asked her if she’d mind being a size 8 and 125lbs or a size 10 and being her “ideal” weight. She said she’d rather be her “ideal” weight! Isn’t that funny? It seems that weight is what worries her most, not just how clothes fits, or how lean she might be (lean muscle mass, etc…), but what she weighs.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.