HIGH STEP CHALLENGE *love it!!!*

Tesla

Hi Hardcores!
I was the one who posted how I was challenged--not in a good way--by Low Max. I haven't had a chance to attempt that workout again, but I DID complete HTC and it was GREAT right off the bat. What a tough workout! I'm sore today (in a good way).
The band work is killer, those one-armed side presses are very tough, the aerobic phases are just long enough to get you good and winded. REALLY LOVE this workout, and can feel the results brewing already. For those of you who haven't gotten to this one yet..it is fast paced with quick changes between exercises, so have your stuff ready. Or just have your pause button handy. Oh--and the core segment is really "mean" to your lower abs!
ENJOY:D :) :7
Lisa

I am going to do this one later today for the first time and I can't wait. The music is awesome, imo, and my sound works great! This looks pretty fun.

I did this one last night in its entirety. I had already done the timesaver version, which is 52 minutes. I love this workout, too!! (especially the full workout) It feels so thorough, and the cardio is so fun! The band work on my triceps was awesome. I also like the way that by controlling the tension you can control how difficult the work is. Finally, I also appreciated the calf work.:9

do you think this workout is modifiable (is that a word?) to do without a high step? could I just use the end of my regular step?
Tracy

I think you could use the end of your regular step. Just make sure the top won't tip up from the end you're NOT using. There is one move that I can think of where Cathe does "fast feet" all around the step, but you could just stay in one place. For the aerobic portions, Cathe keeps the step height to one riser under the step top.:)
Lisa

This is a good one!! I did it for the first time today and definitely felt challenged. I found the strength exercises to be very comprehensive, I think every muscle group got a workout and I was really glad that the cardio segments were short but my heart rate was elevated through the whole workout. Such a deal!!

Lois

I have to join you Tesla, and say this is a toughie! I just did this one today. The band really is killer. The one arm side pushups look easy, but OMG, I could only do half (Yes I'm a weenie). My legs and butt are starting to feel it! I really like the music too. the cardio portions are tougher than HSTA, imo, and much more fun. This is very different from HSTA and nothing compares. The core work rocks and was also tough. I think I will grow to love this more each time I do it. I really like the music in this one. Yes, I hear Cathe more, but her voice and cuing are important in this one, especially with the band. This workout moves fast. I give it an A. Don not underestimate the bands. THEY ARE EXHAUSTING!

Oooh, I am about to do this one for the first time tonite. I am thinking of doing Gym Style legs after....maybe. We'll see if I am fried after HSC.

Looking forward to it}(
Rhonda

I've done HSC a few times already because I love it! The time just seems to fly in this one. The cardio sections are tough, but doable. I like how the band targets your muscles in a new way. This workout is a winner!

:)

I love this one too, time does go by so fast. I ordered a High Step the minute I finished it for the first time. 'm loking forward to getting it. I've been using the Fanny Lifter for CAthe's workouts and it's just not stale enough for some of the cardio, it tips. I think I will get a lot of use from HSC.

This is one I still haven't done but have it planned for tomorrow. I'm really looking forward to it now based on what everyone is saying here!

Jo

So far, I've done Muscle Max, part of Lo-max, High Step Challenge, Imax, Kickmax, Hardcore Extreme & 2 stretch workouts from Stretch Max. My very favorite workout so far has been High Step Challenge. It was super fun and a great workout. I'm probably gonna be addicted to it.

Hi there -

I did this workout on Saturday - and Love it too - I love the pace and how your workout your entire body.... Will definitly be a regular in the rotation...

Anne

i am considering buying this workout but what has been holding me back was that i figured it was a lot like bootcamp and i prefer my cardio workouts to be continuous cardio. i can handle circuits like circuit max where the breaks are short but i didnt like c and wts where the breaks are longer. what is HSC like in this respect? will my heart rate stay elevated in the cardio training zone the entire time?

also, is the high step used for the cardio portions or just the weight segments?

ange

Ange,

HSC moves very fast, with little breaks. 3 cardio cycles are used on a 6" platform, the other 2 on the floor. The cardio ranges from intermediate to very advanced (cycle 5 - killer!). I consider this to be similar to HSTA, but with more variety. She even threw in a series of hammer-punch lunges (like KPC) in the middle of the weight cycle. I was sweating the whole time!

Diane

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.