Hey Trevor!!

Oops! Hit the wrong button by accident! I just read your bio - you live in Arnold? I live in Severn! Go Orioles!

Hi Starlight!
Or can I call you Ruth? :) Pretty cool having a neighbor on this site. We arent far from each other at all are we?
And yes, GO O's!!!! Do you get out to Camden Yards much?
How long have you been using Cathe's videos? She's great isnt she? I see you like Karen Voight also? Do you do any weight training along with your cardio?
Well, gotta run for now. It's really good to know I have a fellow Cathe follower as a neighbor. Stay in touch and email if you like.
Trevor :) :-jumpy

Hi guys!

You have a Cathe-fan neighbor in Crofton too! Not too far at all!

Lori

Hi Lori!
Another cathe fan for a neighbor! Cool!!
Which cathe vids are your favorites?

Hi Trevor, and Lori! Yes, pls call me Ruth. I can't believe there are 3 of us on this forum from the same neighborhood! That is so cool! Trevor, I have been using Cathe for about 1 year, but I stopped working out twice for extended periods of time due to family emergencies, so I pretty much am starting over. I LOVE Cathe's tapes! Yes, I do weight training, it is in fact my favourite. I actually don't like cardio, but I do it. Step is the one I don't like the least, if that makes any sense. I do like Karen, she's an excellent teacher & I love her ab routines, but I don't like her cardio even a little bit!

I don't get out to Camden Yards as much as I would like, it is quite expensive & hard to get tickets. I grew up on Memorial Stadium, and I still think it was alot more fun. Do you remember when Wild Bill was always at the stadium? That was during their last era before moving. We used to go every week during that time.

Anyway, it was great finding you both! What kind of workouts do you guys do/enjoy? Also, do you have any pets?

Ruth

Hi Ruth & Trevor

I like all of Cathe's tapes, but my favorites are Power Max, Step Works, MIC, Cardio Kicks and all of the strength training videos. I also like Christy Taylor videos and hope to one day go visit the gym she teaches at. I guess you can tell by my favorites that I like dancy and challenging choreography. I used to use videos exclusively, but my boyfriend is now about to drag me to his gym with him so it will be about 50/50.

Speaking of the Orioles, I am going to the game on Sunday vs. the Yankees. You know they are the best games. But actually, I am a hockey and Capitals fan. I just recently moved to Crofton so I am discovering what is new and happening around town.

Feel free to email me anytime.

[font size="1" color="#FF0000"]LAST EDITED ON May-02-01 AT 04:23PM (Est)[/font][p]Hi Ruth!
I like anything that gets the heart going! My favorite Cathe tapes are bodymax and imax although I must admit I am still very new to step videos compared with most people here. I like mountain biking when I can get out to do it. I also like roller blading and trail running. We have a fitness center where I work where I do the treadmill, stationary bike, and precor climber. I also do alot of weight work there, trying to work all the muscles in the body. Usually I split the days between lower body and upper body except abs, which I do every day.
I remember Wild Bill very well. I am almost 35 so I was a teenager then. I remember the 1979 season as the one where I actually cried after the Orioles blew a 3 games to 1 lead versus the Pirates. And also 1983, the only World Championship they have won that I can remember since I was too young for the others. You are right, the crowds at Memorial Stadium were more into the games. Nowadays, it's all cell phones and people who seem to crave being seen instead of watching the game. It's very corporate. Having said that.....I only go when I get seats from my employer!! :)
We have a 2yr old yellow lab named Jack, a bunch of fish, and 2 Eastern budgies. How bout u?
Take care and email anytime you like.
Trevor

Hi Lori!
You'd probably step me right into the ground.....I am definitely more into the less complicated routines than I am the dancy ones. I dont pick up new routines easily and would rather do a workout where I can grind it out. My faves are IMAX and Bodymax. I really need to try some others. Cathe is just so great isnt she?
I think you may see Mike Mussina on Sunday against the O's. Should be great!
I am a Caps fan too....do you have any players for neighbors? Alot of them live in the Crofton area. They are a frustrating bunch to watch when the playoffs come. I am thoroughly sick of losing to the Pens!! :)
Email me anytime you like.....it's really great "meeting" you and Ruth here!!

RE: Hey fellow Marylanders!!

Hi Hons,
I live in Baltimore. Does that count? I still love my Cathe videos and the O's (and used to sit in section 34 with Wild Bill)!

This is so much fun! Welcome to the club Fullhouse! Of course Baltimore is close enough! When people ask me where I'm from I just say Baltimore, because I have lived all over Maryland but still consider Balto. to be my hometown! By the way, my husband & I got a kick out of your greeting, hon!

Trevor, I have a beautiful Great Dane, named Diana, and a silly cat (also beautiful, but known for being silly) named Wills. It sounds like you workout a lot more often than I do! Darn! By the way, if you like very simple choreography, you might want to try one of Gilad's step tapes. I learned step from them (& Kathy Smith) & still will do Gilad if I've been out of practice for awhile, or just for a change. I don't recommend his step & tone tape, but any of the others - I believe there are 2 or 3.

Maybe we can all get together sometime & go to a game. It's amazing that you all remember Wild Bill - I wonder what happened to him? By the way, my husband & I cried at that game also. It was one of the bigger disappointments in my life! Do you think we'll ever see another championship? Oh, and by the way, seeing Mike Mussina pitch is the best. It doesn't get any better!

Feel free to Email me anytime also...

Ruth

Thank you for the welcome, Starlight/Ruth! I am a Jersey Girl gone astray, and have been in Baltimore almost 23 years. The first time I heard someone from Baltimore call me "Hon", I almost decked her! I now appreciate all things Baltimore! Of course I remember Wild Bill. My favorite all-time Oriole was Terry Crowley. I remember a great grand slam home run he had back in '82. He was the best!
FYI, I have a golden retriever and a fox terrier, 5 cats, and 5 children. I qualify for the "Fullhouse" title, no?

You mention hockey players and Mike Mussina in the same couple sentences :) Now I am totally distracted from the exercise topic. LOL. Which ones live in Crofton? LOL, ok seriously. With BodyMax & Imax you are doing what I consider my hardest tapes.

Best to all the fellow Marylanders! It's nice to know you are out there.

Hey Hon!!
Welcome Fullhouse! Gosh, so many cathe fans for neighbors. Too cool!!
Trevor :)

Welcome Fullhouse!

Even though I grew up here in Baltimore, both sides of my family are from northern Jersey. Are you a Devils' fan by the way?

I must be the baby of the group ;-). I remember Memorial Stadium and the old O's like Eddie Murray and the Martinezes and Jim Palmer but because I was around 8 years old! LOL.

Ok, seriously, we now have 4 to our group. This is awesome.

OK, I'm REALLY giving myself away now, but I grew up when Aparicio was shortstop, & he is my alltime favorite O. Well, I had a crush on him too, but I really did appreciate his playing skills! And then there was that little-known player, Brooks Robinson! I have always felt privileged to grow up watching him play. (And spoiled - I compare every 3rd baseman in the game to him!) There was also Dave McNally, a true gentleman, and Jim Palmer, no comment! Eventually Andy Etchebarren - my best friend adored him! Curt Blefary, Davey Johnson, Paul something, can't remember last name. Many more, all great. Frank Robinson! Yes Terry was one of the best ever. I always loved John Lowenstein, miss him a lot. Well, if I named them all it would take the whole forum and they would kick me off!

Must go do my workout before I lose that "do it" feeling!

Ruth

I live in Arnold and love Cathe, too!

I am currently 26 weeks pregnant with my first baby (it's a boy!), so my workouts with Cathe have been limited--I still do Cardiokicks and MIS (with modifications, of course). I am planning on ordering the new tapes so that when I am ready to resume exercise post-baby I have something to work towards!

My husband LOVES the O's and has them on TV every nite practically. I thought maybe we were going to end up naming our son some variation of Cal! We don't get to many games, though...my husband also is involved in the sailing community in Annapolis--he races. As for me, I work in Washington,DC for the Federal govt and have been working out with videos for about nine years. I do the Firm, some Karen Voight, Kathy Smith, but mostly, I rely on Cathe and CIA videos. Also like Tae Bo and power walking

For those of you who live in Arnold, does anyone know of a swimming pool I can join for the summer??? Thanks!

It's great to meet all of you!!!

Welcome KJT! Enjoy motherhood! As I mentioned, I have 5 children, 2 boys and 3 girls, and there is nothing more wonderful than motherhood.
Trevor, I forgot to mention that my golden retriever's name is also Jack. He is 4-1/2. Our wire hair fox terrier is 7 months old, and his name is Spott.
Lori-where in Jersey is your family from? I'm from central Jersey, but went to college in Essex County.Let's hear it for N.J., home of Cathe!
And Starlight/Ruth, you are probably in my age bracket. Today is my 45th birthday! And while Crowley was my favorite, I also fondly remember Gary Roenicke, Sammy Stewart, Ken Singleton, and Rick Dempsey. And would you believe I married a Yankees fan?
Anyway, it's great to have a Maryland club for Cathe fans here. I have been reading Cathe's site for years, but was never eager to write until now. Nice meeting all of you!
:-jumpy :) :-jumpy

[marquee]HAPPY BIRTHDAY FULLHOUSE!!! Mother of FIVE!!!!![/marquee]

It is great having neighbors on the forum, isn't it? I hope you had a really great birthday. As a mother of one, you have got my complete & total respect! (not to mention awe). How old are they? My son is 28 & lives in Florida. He is a big O's fan too, his favourite was Eddie Murphy. You have the cutest sounding dogs - Golden Retriever is an alltime favorite, and I love terriers, they have such attitude. It's funny you mentioned being married to a Yankee fan - I was raised by my Grandaddy, and he was the biggest Yankee fan ever! I have no idea how I ended up an O's fan, I usually wanted to follow in his footsteps in every way! Oh, and "ahem", I am a tad older than you, so that is my birthday gift to you! (I believe I'm 47 but am never really sure. May be 46?)

Welcome, KJT! You must be terribly excited about the coming birth. I can't believe you can do those workouts at this time, you must be in fantastic shape! I have trouble with cardio kicks any old day - but it's a lot of fun. I'm afraid I don't know any info about local pools, I never liked swimming much. But I will check around with my friends and see if anyone knows of a pool close to you.

Talk to you guys soon! Hey Trevor!!

Ruth

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.