hey kathryn

Hi, Boxer!

No, I'm not a fitness pro (at least not officially recognized by any organization!). I have toyed with the idea of getting certification by ACE or some other org, but can't quite convince myself to pay around $300 (?) just to have my knowledge confirmed by some group, since I'm not about to quit my job and become a personal trainer.

I tend to go all-out learning about things I'm interested in, and read voraciously in those areas. I started reading about nutrition when I became a vegetarian in 1975, and about weight training when I took a class (from a bad teacher!) in 1982. Since then, I've pretty much read anything I can get my hands on in both fields (I currently have about 80 fitness books---not including nutrition--in my home library, most of which are on weight training).

I use the skills that got me a PhD in French (analytical skills, study skills, etc.) to learn on my own, and to recognize the good ideas and reject the bad ideas.

So, no, not an occupation for which I get paid, but an avocation in which I invest a lot of time.

>So, no, not an occupation for which I get paid, but an avocation in >which I invest a lot of time.

>Kathryn >^. .^<

And I, for one, appreciate and benefit from your knowledge and analytical skills. If I see a "Kathryn post", I read. Thanks!:)

Yeah, Kathryn. I find myself reading specifically YOUR posts when I see your name as well! LOL. It's funny how you know whose posts to read about what topic....

for me, Kathryn=nutrition and fitness info; Carole=freestyle and running info, etc

Gayle

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.