Hey Cathe!

jnka825

Cathlete
Cathe-

Happy New Year!

I saw on facebook that you were going to be on here to answer questions, but I don't see a specific thread started yet. I just got Xtrain on Monday. So far I have done Super Cuts (love, love, love, LOVE) and yesterday I did All Out. I also did the scarecrow 100 rep challenge yesterday and my shoulders are BEYOND sore!!! I love how in these workouts no moves are repeated. I feel like I can give it my all, because I know the move is not coming up again. And the music. . . OMG the music!!! Love every second of the music. I was so happy at the end of All Out to hear "Some Nights." This series is phenomenal so far.

I plan on starting the 90 day rotation on Sunday. Questions:

1. Can I put a rest day in the middle of the week instead of at the end or is it best to do six workouts in a row and then rest? I work and I work out at night. I always need Wednesday or Thursday off because I am just too tired.

2. Tabatacise. . . I am thinking in the rotation of starting out with week 5- premix with one and two, then the next week up it to the first three, and so on, so that by the last week of the second month I will have pushed through all five. . . is that "smart" (don't know how else to ask)?

3. Can I throw in the 100 rep challenges at any time or should I "Time" them in some way (i.e. no scarecrows when I did shoulders the day before?

4. Hard Strikes, in the rotation it is never done in its entirety, I am assuming because we are working our arms the other days. . . can I still do it in its entirety, or should I really "rest" the muscles?

I just want to thank you in advance for continuing to kick my butt, inspire me and give all of us such great workouts!!! I have Hard Strikes on tap for tonight and I cannot wait!

Kristin

Great questions Kristin! So glad you are loving XTRAIN too :)

1) Yes, you can switch your rest day without it having a negative impact on your results.

2) Your tabatcise plan is beautiful! Go for it!

3) You can throw 100 rep challenges in anywhere BUT if you happen to be sore in your shoulders from a previous workout, I wouldn't do the 100 rep lateral flies...etc. Always pick a 100 rep challenge that doesnt effect a currently sore muscle.

4) Hardstrikes (HS)....If you are not feeling sore in the upper body go ahead and do the whole thing. If you feel that HS interfered with your next days workout in any way, then next time, don't do HS in its entirety.

:)

Cathe-

Happy New Year!

I saw on facebook that you were going to be on here to answer questions, but I don't see a specific thread started yet. I just got Xtrain on Monday. So far I have done Super Cuts (love, love, love, LOVE) and yesterday I did All Out. I also did the scarecrow 100 rep challenge yesterday and my shoulders are BEYOND sore!!! I love how in these workouts no moves are repeated. I feel like I can give it my all, because I know the move is not coming up again. And the music. . . OMG the music!!! Love every second of the music. I was so happy at the end of All Out to hear "Some Nights." This series is phenomenal so far.

I plan on starting the 90 day rotation on Sunday. Questions:

1. Can I put a rest day in the middle of the week instead of at the end or is it best to do six workouts in a row and then rest? I work and I work out at night. I always need Wednesday or Thursday off because I am just too tired.

2. Tabatacise. . . I am thinking in the rotation of starting out with week 5- premix with one and two, then the next week up it to the first three, and so on, so that by the last week of the second month I will have pushed through all five. . . is that "smart" (don't know how else to ask)?

3. Can I throw in the 100 rep challenges at any time or should I "Time" them in some way (i.e. no scarecrows when I did shoulders the day before?

4. Hard Strikes, in the rotation it is never done in its entirety, I am assuming because we are working our arms the other days. . . can I still do it in its entirety, or should I really "rest" the muscles?

I just want to thank you in advance for continuing to kick my butt, inspire me and give all of us such great workouts!!! I have Hard Strikes on tap for tonight and I cannot wait!

Kristin

Hi Cathe,

So then would you recommend doing the 100 rep challenge on the same day you workout that muscle group since you aren't sore "yet."or do another muscle altogether that has had a couple days rest and wont be worked the next day.

I guess I am searching for a "structure" in which to place these challenges.

Thanks! What a nice surprise to find you here today!

This forum is awesome, your fans are great and everyone helps each other out here.

Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

I'm glad you feel welcome here. We love to have you on the forums :)

Both options work beautifully so choose the one that works best with your schedule :)

Hi Cathe,

So then would you recommend doing the 100 rep challenge on the same day you workout that muscle group since you aren't sore "yet."or do another muscle altogether that has had a couple days rest and wont be worked the next day.

I guess I am searching for a "structure" in which to place these challenges.

Thanks! What a nice surprise to find you here today!

This forum is awesome, your fans are great and everyone helps each other out here.

Elizabeth

Sent from my iPhone using CatheForum

Thanks for responding, Cathe. I just came back on to tell you I did Hard Strikes tonight. It was AMAZING!!! Loved it. I was drenched with sweat, but still smiling at the end. Awesome workout. The sit-up/push-up combo at the end is killer. Whatever gave you that idea? At first I thought, 5? That's easy. . . oh I am still such a naive grasshopper, lol. I was on the floor at the end!

Thanks again!

Kristin

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.