Help me save this week

slenamond

Cathlete
I need a suggestion. I didn't work out Monday-Thursday this week. What 3 workouts can I do (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) to cover my basis and not make this week a total failure?

I have ALL your workouts.

Please help!

Thanks!

I would do 1 total body lift workout(maybe MM) and 2 cardio workouts adding core to both of those. But just depends on what your goals are. When I have a train wrecked week, I don't usually worry so much about what I do. Mostly I just want to get back in stride and do something to get back on pace. Then the next week I go back to a more planned out week. :)

IMO 3 workouts are more than plenty and will absolutely not stall any fitness gains. Have you ever taken an active recovery week? I swear it rejuvenates the mind and body! Sometimes your body just needs a break from cardio and weight training. If you are not interested in an active recovery week, I would suggest you utilize the 3 days by doing 1 full body weight training day (High Reps, STS TB, ect), a cardio day, and a circuit day (XT Super Cuts comes to mind because it is just so darn fun and fully functional!). This should keep you in tip-top condition for the following week :eek:;).

Good luck!

Natasha

When I have the time, I try to double up and do two workouts. Which I apparently am going to need to do - I was not feeling well yesterday, and now today my back is killing me (may be related) and I'm scheduled to do back tonight. I may have to skip and then try to get these two days back over the weekend. ugh.

I'm with Mini-Natty:

1) total body weights (I'd do PLB followed by PUB, or Total Body Trisets, but what time do you have?)

2) cardio with intervals or with some HiiT thrown in (I love CTX All Step followed by CTX Step & Intervals, but you could do various combos to suit your own needs and tastes)

3) Circuit (Drill Max, Circuit Max, Supercuts, etc, etc)

And as Natasha said, this is actually just fine. You will experience no fitness losses at al, and, because of the few days rest, maybe even fitness gains.

Clare

A rest week is not a failure, its a rest week.

That said:

One steady state at least 45 minutes, I would aim for 60. Low Impact, do you do the cycling ones? those are good. Or your favorite step workout.
One with intervals. I actually prefer run/walks. Those get a lot of bang for the buck (or minute.) 40 min. plus 20 min. of yoga (works the lymph system.)
One circuit (whole body.) Your pick.

I hope that helps.

Alisha

I'm with Mini-Natty:

1) total body weights (I'd do PLB followed by PUB, or Total Body Trisets, but what time do you have?)

2) cardio with intervals or with some HiiT thrown in (I love CTX All Step followed by CTX Step & Intervals, but you could do various combos to suit your own needs and tastes)

3) Circuit (Drill Max, Circuit Max, Supercuts, etc, etc)

And as Natasha said, this is actually just fine. You will experience no fitness losses at al, and, because of the few days rest, maybe even fitness gains.

Clare

Or basically what she said. lols. I didn't read that before I posted.:eek:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.