Help! I am so depressed!

Hey Bobbi! Sorry to hear about your injury. I think you are doing a darn good job of trying to be positive - that really takes strength. Hope your injury heals soon. Don't forget to keep up with good nutrition. Also, please don't be a stranger. I miss your posts a lot. I have learnt so much from you - especially never to give up my beloved carbs.

PS - Viewed your pics and you look so pretty. Take care.

Bobbi,

Your post is very moving. I am a newcomer to this forum (this is my first post), but I had to respond. I've been lurking forever and reading the archives, and I have to say that your posts have always been so motivating and helpful. I am a runner as well, and have always gleaned wonderful pointers from you. I wish you all the best, and hope the new year is kinder to you.

Bev

Hi Bobbi

I have mixed feelings about bringing this post back up on your special day but I would like to respond. Actually I'd like to give you a little kick in the backside with loads of sympathy.

Running was an integral part of your lifestyle & fitness, but you need to refocus on what you can do now. You can find another source of endorphins! If you want to stay in running shape - acqua jogging. If you're more open to new types of cardio, the options are many. I guarantee that a Spinning class can get those endorphins fired up.

As for not being able to do the new Cathe workouts - baloney! You can work on the best darn upperbody & core in Arizona! It's a great time to work on flexibility & balance for that matter.

Several of us have gotten the running bug and we miss your counsel and enthusiasm. But if the topic brings more pain than joy, we understand.

I reread Paula Newby-Frasers book "Peak Performance" at the start of every year for inspiration. She's semi-retired from triathlons now as she has a rule about sleeping in her own bed. Her primary focus was the Hawaiian Ironman. I think her discussion of managing an injury (stress fracture in foot) which prevented her from running might help you. She has a wonderful chapter on body image & the difference between health & fitness (which I wish everyone here would read). You might also be inspired by this book.

Take care Bobbi.

Debra

RE: Hi Bobbi

Bobbi:

I'm from near East Lansing Michigan. Where in Michigan are you from?

I'm sure your gonna really like the Y and the bike and lifting there a lot once you get into it. Heck those bikes have workouts you can program into them that'll darn near take you over the mountains in the Le Tour De France honey!!! YOU GO GIRL.

Edith

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.