Help finding lost wedding ring

We were in the lake yesterday and my friend lost his wedding ring in about mid-thigh deep water that is clear, but pretty muddy at the bottom. We waited for the murkiness to settle and looked for quite awhile and then felt all around the bottom. We know where he lost it, in general.

Does anyone have any tips for some kind of tool or other suggestion for helping him to find it? There will be noone else in the water (Michigan in April!), so we can go look before people start getting in the water.

I just feel so badly for him :( A wedding ring is so special and can't really be replaced!

Any advice would be appreciated! Thank you!
Jenn

You could see if there is an metal detecting society or club in your area - contact them and see if they would be willing to help! I know it might sound crazy, but they really might be able & willing to help. I know our local metal detecting club president helps people find lost jewelry underwater, on the beach, in the woods, in their yards, etc. all the time.

When my dad dropped his keys in the sewer, he tied a strong magnet onto a string and it worked like a charm...maybe try that?

My best friend's husband lost his wedding ring ON THEIR HONEYMOON in the pool at the resort they stayed at! lol Talk about an omen! :confused: Yes, they got a divorce after only a few years of marriage....OOPS!

When my dad dropped his keys in the sewer, he tied a strong magnet onto a string and it worked like a charm...maybe try that?

Alas, I think gold is non-magnetic - and so are silver and titanium. Unless the ring is made of some sort of iron alloy, I don't think the magnet will work...but it's a brilliant idea for lost keys! :)

My best friend's husband lost his wedding ring ON THEIR HONEYMOON in the pool at the resort they stayed at! lol Talk about an omen! :confused: Yes, they got a divorce after only a few years of marriage....OOPS!

My husband lost his wedding ring the day after we got married. We've been married for 10 years no signs of divorce. He is still my very best friend. My FIL steped in and gave him his because it didn't fit him (he gained weight since 40's) so in a way that has even more sentimental value.

My husband lost his wedding ring the day after we got married. We've been married for 10 years no signs of divorce. He is still my very best friend. My FIL steped in and gave him his because it didn't fit him (he gained weight since 40's) so in a way that has even more sentimental value.

That's awesome! :)

Only a man would do something so silly as to lose a wedding ring! :p:D;)

That's awesome! :)

Only a man would do something so silly as to lose a wedding ring! :p:D;)

Uh, not true. I lost mine after losing 50lbs. We kept meaning to go to have it resized. I don't have an engagement ring (was never really into those) so it was just the gold band, but I was upset anyway. We did replace it, inscription and all, and we're still happily married!

Uh, not true. I lost mine after losing 50lbs. We kept meaning to go to have it resized. I don't have an engagement ring (was never really into those) so it was just the gold band, but I was upset anyway. We did replace it, inscription and all, and we're still happily married!

Congrats on the weight loss! That's an awesome excuse for losing your ring! My husband just misplaces his all the time. Not actually LOST yet but I'm waiting for it to happen!:p

Speaking of losing rings and my husband....He couldn't find the rings on our wedding day! We got married with my SIL and FIL's rings and then her ring went flying off my finger at the reception! It was almost lost!!! As it turns out my MIL was straightening out the house the night before my wedding. My husband spent the night there and had put the boxes with the rings on her dresser. She didn't realize what they were and stuck them in her drawer! OOPS! LOL

Wendy, I can see how she might fall for that one, but how did he explain the next ten times? :p;)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.