Help ! Any ex-thin/slim/skinny gal out there ???

Marinette

Hi everyone,

I don't know if I am the only one in this case but I am 115 lbs and I dont want to loose weight, more the opposite. I have good legs, not toned but not skinny, but my upper body is on the skinny side, especially my back and shoulders. Worse, I have not exercised at all in the past 3 years. :eek:

My goal is to put on a few pounds of muscles on my upper body and tone my legs.

So if any of you who has started where I am now, and if you have managed to do this successfully at home, without damaging your health or hurting your body...could you help me get started ?

Which dvds or rotation have you been using?

Thank you !

Marinette :)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I don't know if I am the only one in this case but I am 115 lbs and I dont want to loose weight, more the opposite. I have good legs, not toned but not skinny, but my upper body is on the skinny side, especially my back and shoulders. Worse, I have not exercised at all in the past 3 years. :eek:

My goal is to put on a few pounds of muscles on my upper body and tone my legs.

So if any of you who has started where I am now, and if you have managed to do this successfully at home, without damaging your health or hurting your body...could you help me get started ?

Which dvds or rotation have you been using?

Thank you !

Marinette :)

My husband shares your battle. I think his login is Behsmann. A couple years ago, he had really great results from STS. Then, he got "too busy" and lost all his weight.

Tim weights about 112# and is 6 foot tall and recently went to the doctor (who gave me the pleasure of saying I told you so) who told him to start lifting weights. So, he started Mesocycle 2 today!!! Crossing my fingers that he will stick with it.

No cardio for him

Last year I got over an illness that left me underweight with a lot of muscle wasting. So I know how it feels to be on the other side of the weight spectrum. It is just as hard to gain sometimes as it is to lose. I used Cathe's DVD's and now I have curves! I mainly did it with the low impact series. I like step and that builds up your legs and butt. But what I have noticed is effective, is 2 times a week full body weights for me. I was doing Total Body Trisets lower body twice a week and upper once a week and getting the rest of my upper body workouts through Athletic Training, Afterburn or LIC Premix #5. I recently stopped lifting as much because I got a little bored and I have lost 5 pounds of muscle already (sigh...) So doing regular weight training is key. I also keep steady state cardio to a minimum (no more than 1 time per week). I get almost all my cardio in through Hiit, metabolic or circuit training workouts.

Good Luck,
Elizabeth

P.S. Butt and Guts is great and well worth the investment.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.