HELLO - What are you gals up to?

Liann

Cathlete
So, I miss talking to some of you on a more regular basis since a lot of us just lurk now.

JJ - How's my twin doing??? I see you here in threads, but I don't want to hi-jack the thread to say hi. :)

Steph - How's Charlie??? And the rest of your brood? I miss hearing about them.

Anne - You there girl???

Chastity - Any wiener dog mischief lately? Cheyenne has been on poop strike for the past 2 weeks. She only goes on threat of being crated for the rest of the day. Do your guys get into these ornery moods?

Liz - I'm still loving the stun gun and my legs have never been smoother! lol!

Cat - How's the back hon?

Teriket - HEELLLLLOOOOO... It's been so long, I'm not even sure if I'm spelling your user name right. :(

Michele - I need that chili recipe please.

Alana - You still there? I haven't heard from you in ages!!!

Cynthia - I bought some beignet mix yesterday and thought of you!

Ok, I'll probably be back with more. Just miss you all. Shout outs to Suz, Melissa, Jodi, Robin, Stebby, Shell, Gayle, Em, Carrie, Michelle (copwife), Lorrie, Debbie, Teresa, Pennie, Mindy, Cathy, Belinda, Wendy, Amy (all of them), Vilma, Maeg, Carole, Denise, Laura (all of them), Randi, Tracy, Govtgirl, Deana, Jill, Beth, Leanne, Phyllis, Bethany, Jessica, LaDonna, Rebecca, Lainie, "Skizzy", Joan, Suzie, Anne, Vrinda, Shana, Becky, Kathy, Christine, Monica, Nancy, Tneah, Virginia, Amelia, Lara, Kelly, Katie, Ellie, Eunice, Janie (both) and the list goes ON. If I missed you, it's just my brain not working at full capacity!

Basically, no matter what little negativity there is on the forum - usually only 1 thread compared to HUNDREDS - I have met so many awesome women here. Don't be strangers. :)

Last edited:
W00t! I'm on the shout-out list.
033.gif

Loves ya, Liann. I miss a lot of these same people. I have been gone a while but I'm finally getting back over here a little more. We need more happy threads and less grumpiness, for sure.

Who am I?

Hey there Liann! I don't know if you meant me by the Suz, or the Suzie. ;)

(I've been called both, get called both currently...still beats when I was a kid and my brother called me either Moose Lips or Bazooka Joe depending on his mood....)

Anywhooo, I'll chime in anyway. How does your baby grow? Have the doggies figured out that you are warmer now and are you a puppy magnet?

I was always cooking when I was pregnant and very popular with the household kitties at the time.

Yes Suzanne I was talking to you! HI!!! (Suzie was covering about 3 of you - Suz, Susan, Suzie) ;) Baby is doing good. She reached 24 weeks today! I have the nursery almost completely done - put the changing table together yesterday. I just need to hang the curtains and put some of the wall decorations up that I bought. I've been buying cute little dresses at Kohl's like crazy. Bryan thinks she is going to be a spoiled little brat. I just want her well dressed. ;)

Yes, Lainie, we definitely need less grumpiness. An occational bad thread here and there and everyone is shouting the end of the forum as we know it. It has a tendency to get a little over-dramatic and you can tell by the number of responses that people LOVE those dramatic/contraversial threads. There are still a ton of sub-forums here and only a post here and there is problematic. There's way more good than bad so I'm not ready to give up on the forum just yet.

Last edited:
Hi Liann!! I feel so special that you mentioned me! :D

The chili recipe is here http://www.thecathenation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273182 and I'm actually thinking about making it today. I need something that's nutritious and delicious and relatively low cal after a sinful weekend of dietary indulgence. :eek:

I'm well but super busy lately. My DMIL had TWO surgeries last week! She's doing very well, thank God, and recuperating in an extended care facility, so I'm doing a lot of running around and back and forth. :cool:

How are you, my dear! I hardly ever see you around and I miss you, too! *MWAH*

Amber - I can't believe you are over half way!!! I remember when you first told all of us you were pregnant and that was in the very beginning.

How are you feeling? Are you getting excited? Nervous? I am sure you have a ton of emotions going on right now but it's a great time of life!

Hi Workinprogress!!! I'm doing good. I'm definitely excited and I really need to STOP BUYING every cute outfit I see in the store. It really seems like it has gone quickly for me too!

Michele - Thank you for the link! I have heard rave reviews about that recipe!

Hey Liann! I LOVE that pic of you but can we get a little lower and have a peek at the bump???? :p

So nice to see ya! I'm knee deep in kids myself. Got 2 busy with school, homework, dance, gymnastics, karate and soccer. Then one in preschool and peewee soccer. 18 days until I ditch them all for the SD RT! I'm spending the last glorious day all.by.myself!:D
Glad to see you doing so well and getting excited. Have you two agreed on her name? We almost came to blows over that! :eek: Of course being the swollen, hormonal one I won all three times!;)

Hey girl!
Thanks for the sweet post! You truly are one of the sweetest Cathletes -- always thinking of others! I have grown very weary of the drama around here. I can handle a good debate, but the whining totally turns me off. I get plenty of that daily from people who aren't old enough to know better... Anyway, I cannot believe you're already 24 weeks! You're entering my favorite part of pregnancy... when it becomes "real" and your belly grows and you feel little kicks/hiccups --reminders of the little person you're toting around! Soooo fun!! I remember how wonderful it felt to finish my first-born's nursery and just go and sit and look at it at night and wonder what he'd be like. Enjoy this time!! The first pregnancy is soooo magical. :)

As for the brood: Charlie is wonderful. He's my little helper. He picks up after everyone. Sooo funny. DH said last night that he feared he was going to be anal like me. I said, "YES!!! Finally a child who cleans up after himself!!" LOL He also loves to dance and do legos (the big baby kind). Oh, and he slept till 10 a.m. this morning, so today he's my favorite. (Kidding, I'm kidding...) I register Henry for KINDERGARTEN in a couple of weeks. Can you believe it? King Henry is going to school next year! I'm going to miss him!! Oliver is my bookworm. He is almost finished with his FOURTH Harry Potter book (and he's in the second grade). I was going to read them with him, but I couldn't keep up with him. So when he finishes each book, we watch the movies together. I'm super proud of him. (Sorry to gush, but you asked for it! :p)

Hi to Lainie! How's your little one?? Have I told you lately how much I love your blog? You are one of the reasons I started blogging, BTW.

Suzanne! Hey, girl! How's newlywed life going?

Michele- Sorry to hear about your MIL. You are a good daughter-in-law to be going back and forth so much. You deserve dietary indulgences! :)

Hi to everyone else! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Last edited:
Hi to Lainie! How's your little one?? Have I told you lately how much I love your blog? You are one of the reasons I started blogging, BTW.

Hi Stephanie! Cormac is just wonderful--5 1/2 months now and my easiest baby by far. He's so mellow and sweet. Thanks for the compliment on my blog--my poor neglected little blog. I almost forgot I need to post on there today to pick a winner for a giveaway. I don't post so often as I used to. I need to go over there and subscribe to your blog so I can keep up with it! I love the minestrone recipe, btw.

And Liann really is so sweet, isn't she?

Well, I was gonna one-star this thread, but I heard a rumour that they've changed that system?

Now where's that little devil smiley when you need him?

I am going to go with Liann givine ME a shout-out and not another Carrie (can the board really stand TWO Carrie's??!!).

Liann - was it a big shock to go from blonde to brown hair? I have colored my hair since I was 17 or so (blonde). I decided to make it easier on myself and went just a little darker. I was using a number 9 and went to a 7. I about DIED from the shock of seeing myself in the mirror!

You haven't mentioned any reptiles lately. No snakes or lizzards hatching?

Carrie

Carrie - You're the one I was thinking of! :) I've gone back and forth from blonde to brown to black to red to blonde so I get used to things pretty quickly. There's always that initial shock though. Once in college, I dyed my hair jet black with a slight reddish tint! Talk about a shock!!! ;) I could post my avatar pictures from the past few years and I look COMPLETELY different in each one. We've been selling off most of our snakes since I doubt I'll have a lot of time to deal with them once the baby comes. I'm only keeping one - it's a snow white ball python with baby blue eyes. I still have one gecko left - Lola, and my two beardies and uromastyx. And of course I still have my wienie dogs. We're down to one piggy though. We had an unexpected death 2 days ago. That's life with a zoo!

Steph - SO good to see you!!! And to hear about the boys. I cannot believe Henry is about to start kindergarten!!! That's so funny about the nursery, because sometimes I just walk in there and look around too. Oh, and I have been feeling lots of hiccups. Not too many jabs yet though.

Hi Wendy! Sounds like you have been a very busy bee! No names yet, but we have been trying. I really liked Madeline Rose, but DH voted that one down. You know, I have NO pictures of me with this bump. It really only pooched out in the last few weeks. It's definitely there now though. I'll have to try to get DH to take a picture. We're so bad at getting pictures of ourselves. I have millions of pictures of the dogs, but few of me and Bry.

Last edited:
I'll have to try to get DH to take a picture. We're so bad at getting pictures of ourselves. I have millions of pictures of the dogs, but few of me and Bry.[/QUOTE]

Better get to it! My daughter wants to know EVERYTHING about where she came from and how she got here. I was great about making a babybook with the first one. Not so much on the others.:eek: I have totally forgiven my mother (since I am #5 of 7 and have zero baby pics).
I have thousands of pictures of the kids but none of me or my hubby! The only time we all take one together is in front of the christmas tree! :p

Liann!!

MWAH:) Thanks for the shout out. I miss talking to you too!

I'm doing great but more importantly, how are you doing? I'm so excited for you! Are you having any weird cravings? I was obsessed with hot turkey sandwiches and poor DH would travel all over to find a cafe that had them:confused:

So when our we going to get "her" some skates??;) I always wished DD would go into figure skating but she would rather play hockey and soccer.

Hey, I'm of FB now so I'll have to send you a friends request. It will give us another place to keep in touch more.

JJ - Yes, send me a friend request!!! I'm "Amber Liann" on FB. :) No weird cravings, I just end up wanting EVERYTHING. I've been sooo hungry lately. Baby must be growing like a weed! ;)

I am SLOWLY but surely returning to the land of the living!!! Looooooong 3 blizzard winter with 2 boys home from school. I am up and back on track but some days it's just hard!!!

24 weeks??? OMG. She will be here before you know it!!! As long as you feel great, that's all that matters. Wanna see a really cool pic????

My son on ultra sound at 30 weeks!!!

Attachments

• Spike 3D US BW Schnozz 10_22_2003.jpg
    Spike 3D US BW Schnozz 10_22_2003.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 8
I love it Ellie!!! I'm getting a 3D/4D ultrasound on the 20th. I hope I get a picture half as good as that one!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.