height and weight?

your right the scale is evil. why is there such a thing as weight anyway? anyway thanks for all the suggestions and advice. everyone has good points to look at. thanks

okay, maybe i did read into it wrong and i am sorry for that. really you are right. this is something i have been trying to work on. the positive approach with fitness goals that is. i do good for awhile and when i dont reap the benefits it gets a little depressing. it has always been a struggle for me to even drop 10lbs or lose that extra bit of fat on my body. i dont have alot to lose and i work so hard and feel like i should see something and when you dont it gets depressing.especially when some people seem to lose fat or wt so much easier than me. its a constant battle and most of the time i stay level headed about it and other times it gets to me. I am a work in progress but will continue to try to be more positive about the situation. thanks, sorry for any misunderstanding.

I had a bit of enlightenment just a few weeks ago. I understand the thing about the scale not reflecting reality sometimes, but this time I really experienced it. I don't own a scale. If I visit my parents, I usually weigh myself then. This last time, I thought, NO WAY! I weight 132, and I am 5'4". I remember when I used to weigh 120. The thing is, I still wear the same pants, and my tape measure is telling me I'm losing around my hips and butt. So I decided right then and there, I'm not messing with the scale anymore! I don't know my body fat percentage, but I doubt it's that high. I can wear a size six but prefer an 8 because I like loser clothes.

I am taller than most of you (not all of you) and weight more than all of you. There, that's all I'm gonna say on THAT issue.

I'm 5'6 and weigh between 123 and 126 (depends on TOTM). I just had a health risk analysis done a couple of weeks ago which tested just about everything so I now know that my body fat is 18.5%. I, like many others here, like to base my progress more by measurements and how my clothes fit than by weight alone.

Becky

>your right the scale is evil. why is there such a thing as
>weight anyway?

Only to keep us grounded on planet Earth!

It's so easy to fall into the trap of basing your self-worth and self-image on the number on the scale--I have to fight against it every day. I love working out and I love the results I get from working out. But a number on a scale, or the amount of fat vs muscle that I have on my body does not determine what my personality is like, whether I love and am loved by other people, and, ultimately, whether my existence in this world has meaning.

I, too took advice from here and stop getting on the scale and that was the best thing I did for myself. I'm 5'4" and I was 132 last time I was on scale couple of months ago. I gained some pounds after doing srength training but it's quite ok with me because I got some nice muscle definition and believe it or not now I wear size 2 ( I was size 4-6 before).

Christie

Hi girls,

Well we were having this conversation last night at a christmas party and everyone thought I was 136 pounds. Well let me tell you they were far from it! When I told them my weight was much higher than that they thought I was crazy. I am 5'8" and 157 pounds. They say I am small but they don't see the flabby stomach I have and the pooch. Which some days that pooch looks like a full blown pregnancy! And my body fat is higher than it should be so I know I need to put on more muscle and lose that fat.

Hope to tackle this the New Year!

Merry Christmas Ladies!

kim

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.