Hear me whine...please! (Close pregnancies)

eternalEfit

Cathlete
Hi Everyone!
It's me, Myra, the over-training group fitness instructor turned baby-machine! I've been so busy with my family and more specifically an active 14 month old (which some of you may remember I endured 9 years of secondary infertility) and when she (Kyrstiana) was 7 months old, I had a surprise pregnancy!

So here I am, 32 weeks along (due Dec 3), still teaching Step 2 and a Pilates class of my own, subbing BodyPUMP & Yoga, mother of a 17 y.o. (adopted) girl, 11 y.o. boy, a 14 m.o. girl, who's extremely fussy and teething lately, and having to endure a trial with my dear hubby, who lost his job right before the baby was born last year! He's working a temp job now, but we were on unemployment for over a year! And when you are used to 90% more of what that pays, certain stresses can result!

I know it all sounds over-dramatic, but we are surviving and we have increased faith that DH will find the "dream job" someday soon (he's a Human Resources Professional) since we didn't go into major debt for his Master's Degree for nothing!! We're all really hangin' in there and I just have to say that I'm grateful for teaching fitness because without exercise in my life, I'd be in a padded cell!

My current woe is that I'm completely TIRED most of the time and I have a feeling it'll be a lot worse in 7 1/2 weeks when this baby comes...do any of you have advice on how to manage my sanity and recuperate properly when I still have a small baby to chase around? I will have some help from my mom-in-law who'll be staying for a few days when the baby has arrived to help take care of my hubby, and 3 other kids; my DH will be around as much as possible, my teen can drive so she'll cart around my son, but Kyra, my 14 m.o., is "MOMMY-CENTERED", her whole being seems to exist for ME! Will she be able to calm down in 2 months to go to Dad or Sister or Brother? Any advice on how to keep her entertained while I bond with my newborn, besides watching TV?

Oh, my son has been/still is my personal slave lately; I can't bend down comfortably any longer and I'm always in need of his help. Anything he's capable of doing for me, he does it. Thank goodness for him!

I do plan on teaching (it's only once a week right now, back to back Step and Pilates) until the day comes and then I'll play it by ear then on when I return, if I return sometime soon. My orginal plan was to take 6 months to a year off, depending on when I wean, and then continue teaching again. This pregnancy so far has been a heavier one for me, quite literally, since I'm already in the over 40 pounds mark area, I gained 10 lbs the month I weaned Kyra, as I didn't change my eating habits and couldn't exercise for a few weeks due to an emergency laprascopic surgery I had...which is how I found out I was PG. I had a ruptured ovarian cyst and had just become PG and was shocked that it could happen so easy for me (to be PG) and I should've lost this baby, but she (we think) hung in there and was determined to come to this life, right then!

Sorry to be so winded, I told you all it's been awhile since I posted (pre-Kyra times) but I appreciate the opportunity to express my concerns to other moms who value fitness and nurturing children as equally as I do...:7

Take Care!
Myra & BABY NINA

Sorry I don't have any pearls of wisdom. Just wanted to let you know I feel for you.

Seems like whatever you do, you need to keep exercise as part of your life. It seems that is a major stress releiver for you, and a lifestyle. So, whether or not you teach, just make sure you keep movin'.

Also, I had a really high-maintenance child, and she adjusted to the new baby just fine. She HAD too, and she did. It will all work out.

Good luck to you!!

Carole
:)

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.