Can't believe it is March already.

6 am - KPC - cardio conditioning premix, plus ab work

B - 8 oz milk with Carnation instant breakfast, 2 waffles
L - tuna sandwich, apple, 1 mallomar cookie :9
S - yogurt
D - steak, mashed potatoes, vegie

Have a good one.

Shopgirl

Out of curiosity, do you people cook your food in a foil in the oven? Like make an envelope or a pocket and throw the meat, veggies and seasoning on it. I'm asking because I've been doing that for almost two weeks and my weight is melting right off FINALLY after 5 months of trying to break this frigging plateau. It might help you, Shopgirl since you've been struggling lately.

Lisa

Hi everyone,

Whoohoo, today is my off day! I live for these.

1 - oatmeal, skim milk, tablespoon of soy protein
2 - 2 hardboiled eggs, pear
3 - protein shake, frozen strawberries
4 - chicken breast, veggies
5 - brown rice, some kind of protein, veggies

Have a good day!
Elaine

Hi Lisa,

I have one receipe where I do that with beef and veggies, if you have any others I'd love to see them. Congratulations on the weight loss. Plateaus are the worst, aren't they ..

Shopgirl

OH YEAH, plateaus are the WORST! Odd thing is I'm pretty overweight because I had a baby almost a year ago. I only lost 10 pounds out of 80 pounds gain and it took me 5 months of trying to get my body moving without a success and now it's moving. I tried the beef on saturday. Wasn't too terrible but I prefer chicken or fish in this method.

This is what I eat once or twice a week for myself. Kiddes and DH rather be dead than eating this (rolled eyes):

1 1/2 boneless, skinless chicken breast cut up in chunks
about 3 tablespoon of black beans (you could add more)
one large portabella mushroom cap, sliced
one ripe vine tomato chopped
season those with salt, McCormick's All Purpose salt free seasoning (tastes a lot like pesto to me)and put the oven on for 400 deg. cook for about 15, 20 minutes

About 5-10 minutes before the meal is ready, throw in 5 spears asparagus, 5 string beans, and a small handful of spinanch, add a little more salt and a lot of the seasoning. Cook for about 5-10 min. Then add a spoonful of drained capers. I'd put some lemon on it but I didn't have any. The trick is you have to use a lot of seasoning to get the flavor, I don't mean salt. What is REAL good with the meal is red pepper flakes for the heat. I loved it. It's so filling and it's mostly veggies and they're even crispy.

Lisa

Good morning everyone. How do those of you who get up and workout GET UP?? I'm such a lazy bum in the morning. Oh well at least I'll do my workout tonight.

Extra lean turkey bacon, ff cheese, oats
Fettucini alfredo BFL style
Couscous patties (couscous egg whites ff cheese)
Smart ones low carb parmesan chicken plus beans
Turkey meatloaf, mashed potoates EFL
CC, apple

Have a great day.

Colleen

Hi All!!

I didn't check in yesterday because I was WAY too embarrassed to tell you what I ate! PMSing right now, so the past two days were a disaster, but I managed to get my workout in, so it wasn't a complete loss!!

Back on track today though...Yippee!!

This morning: Walk/Run and Lower Body add on from BS/BF

B: protein shake, banana, flax seed oil
S: cottage cheese, apple
L: mixed green salad, grilled chicken breast, lite italian
S: nonfat plain yogurt, blueberries
D: grilled chicken kabobs (onion, bell pepper & mushroom), brown rice

Hope you all have a great day!!

:D Nicole

Good afternoon ladies!

I'm trying to lose the last 3 lbs.... had been doing great before taking a month off due to all kinds of unexpected happenings.... but now i'm back to working out again, and hopefully i can tighten up the diet! (amazingly that never slipped!)

b - unsweatened soy milk, toast, banana, PB
l - brown rice, tofu, broccoli, apple
s - carrots w/ lf cream cheese
s - yogurt
d - ??? haven't gotten this far yet

Workout today is spinning class :)

How tightly do you seal the foil?

When I'm doing the beef, I line the pan with foil so that it extends over the side of the pan, then put beef, julienned carrots, quartered potatoes, chunks of celery and onion, and then top it with fat free cream of mushroom soup and 2 TBSP of water. Then I seal it tightly and bake it at 425 for almost an hour, depending on how thick the meat is.

- Shopgirl

Good afternoon!

I starting the rotation out fairly well and then yesterday I got up and my DH told me I sounded like a frog. Today I have the runny nose to go with it and food does not taste the same. Can't decide if I should work out or not. I don't think I will post my menu for today, I should cover my head in shame. LOL! I hope to feel better tomorrow and get back on track!

Hope everyone has a good workout!:)

I use heavy duty foil, about a foot or a little over a foot long, throw the stuff on it and sort of fold it like a square. I seal it tight so it can steam the food. After I "steam" the food for 20 min, I throw in more veggies and I'd leave it open a little bit. Not too much. You can use the pan but seal it tightly so it can steam it. I like my beef medium rare so I don't cook my beef for long. Chicken has to be cooked through. If it's a little pink, I cook it again. I'm neurotic when it comes to chicken.

Lisa

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.