Healthy Eating/BFL Check-in Friday 2/25

shopgirl

Cathlete
Good morning

6 am Cardio & Weights, and then I shoveled the driveway (ugh)

B - bagel w/1tsp lite cream cheese, coffee, protein shake
S - yogurt, apple
L - tuna sandwich on wheat, apple
S - protein bar
D - sea bass and spinach

Have a great weekend.
Shopgirl :)

Hi!

I was just wondering if I could particiapte in this check in? I'm going to weight watchers but I follow BFL in many ways, using the Eating for Life cookbook alot. I would love to have the additional daily accountability and be able to compare what I'm eating with all of you educated folks....

:D Nicole

Good Morning!

Treadmill late morning and then not sure what I will do this evening.

B-ww english muffin w/little peanut butter and just a smidge of jam
S-protein shake--if I can get one mixed right (first time)
L-leftover chunky beef stew
S-protein bar
D-filet mignon w/baked potato, sm. salad
S-?

Have a great weekend!

This is new for me so I am still learning as I go along. Does anyone take the free day? What do you have if you do?

Morning everyone,

Nicole - please join - the more the merrier
Sabrina - I take a free weekend and eat what I like. I try not to go overboard but if I want it I eat it.

GS chest and tris

B - cottage cheese w/yogurt, hb egg
S - Balance Go MIx, and some mini tootsie rolls (I know bad but I wanted chocolate)
L - not sure either soup or a sandwich
S - BFL Bar
D - leftover chicken

Hope everyone has a good weekend,
Rhonda

HI Nicole

I am new too! We would love for you to join in.

If anyone has any suggestions for my eating habits or lack of please feel free to help me out! Thanks a bunch! My post is below (at this time).:D

Thanks everyone!

I'm working on my menu as we speak. Do you all plan your day in advance? That's what I want to do. And I too would appreciate any critiques of my eating plan. Also working on my workout plan to take me through the end of March. When I have it all down on paper here in a little while, I'll check back in.

Thanks again!!

:D Nicole

Morning!

Welcome Nicole.

Sabrina: Can I come for dinner??? I take a free day usually on Saturdays. Some days I go all out, others I don't. But I really do eat whatever I want. I do usually have some protein with all my meals because carb only or carb/fat meals tend to make me crash. I also shhh drink on my free day.

Today's menu:
Extra lean turkey bacon, ff cheese, oats
BFL Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake
Couscous/egg whites, FF cheese
BFL chicken fettucini alfredo
BFL New York Style Grilled Cheese
?? not sure, we are heading up to Tahoe to turn in a coupon for a free $175 so depending on where we stop, I'll make a good choice.

HIIT at lunch

colleen

Coleen

Come for dinner any time you like!

Where are the recipes for your meals? I don't remember seeing them in the book. They sound yummy! I like to have variety or I get bored. BFL website?

Have a nice trip!:)

Hi everyone! Welcome to the new people (though I'm fairly new myself). Today is my higher carb day. And tonight will probably be something bad, like Indian food (yum!).

1 - granola, low fat milk
2 - 1 hardboiled egg, 1 egg white, quarter of a sweet potato
3 - chicken breast, sweet potato
4 - probably granola, milk again
5 - going out

Today's meals are not as well planned, unfortunately.

Colleen and other BFLers, what do you eat on your free day? Just curious.

Elaine

I try to start my free day with a normal BFL breakfast or I crash bad during the day. I usually eat turkey bacon, string cheese and PB toast (instead of oatmeal). I always have a Bailey's coffee on Saturday mornings. I usually snack on milk duds during the day. Strangely enough milk duds are my addiction. We often order pizza for dinner or go out to eat at a restrauant. Even if I go out to eat I get a chicken or steak for protein and don't worry about my carb that goes with it. Usually I opt for a baked potato and slather on butter and sour cream. I also will get a caesar salad and not worry about dressing. I'm not much for desserts so will skip that but often get a Lemon Drop martini with dinner. I still try to eat six small meals a day or 5 if we got to dinner and I'm still stuffed.

I should clarify that my first 3-4 free days were all out binges and then I'd crash and feel crappy all day and on Sunday. So now I've figured out a happy medium.

Also if we go to fast food, I don't like hamburgers anyway so I met get a chicken sandwich (eat both buns) and split some fries with DH.

Colleen

>Morning!
>
>Welcome Nicole.
>
>Sabrina: Can I come for dinner??? I take a free day usually on
>Saturdays. Some days I go all out, others I don't. But I
>really do eat whatever I want. I do usually have some protein
>with all my meals because carb only or carb/fat meals tend to
>make me crash. I also shhh drink on my free day.
>
>Today's menu:
>Extra lean turkey bacon, ff cheese, oats
>BFL Blueberry Buttermilk Pancake
>Couscous/egg whites, FF cheese
>BFL chicken fettucini alfredo
>BFL New York Style Grilled Cheese
>?? not sure, we are heading up to Tahoe to turn in a coupon
>for a free $175 so depending on where we stop, I'll make a
>good choice.
>
>HIIT at lunch
>
>colleen

Hi Colleen,

I am wondering if you could post the recipes for the blueberry pancake and grilled cheese? I went over to Maggies site and it isn't very easy to find the recipes. I tried doing a search and that brought up way too many things and I went to her recipe link but wasn't sure which category these fell under. Do you know an easy way to find recipes?
Thanks
Rhonda

Easy way to find them...bored at home one weekend <G>. I went through the list and highlighted what I thought I'd like. I'll post them for you. The ones I picked were under the 1400 calorie subheading.

Also it is actually waffles, but I don't have a waffle iron. They would have been easier to find it I didn't guess on the actual titles also! I'm bad at that.

Blackberry (or any fruit) Belgian Waffles
1 tbsp buttermilk
5 egg whites
1 tbsp protein powder
2 tbsp all bran crushed
1/4 tsp vanilla
1 1/4 tsp oil
Spices:
1/2 tsp light syrup
1/4 cup blackberries

Crush All bran. In bowl mix all bran, and remaining ingredients (except spices). Spray waffle iron with non stock spray and grill waffle. I just cook as pancake. Top with spices/fruit.

Top with spices.

C/P/F
19/23/6
Cals: 222

The grilled cheese is my favorite.

2 tsp mustard
2 tsp dill pickle relish
1 tsp oil
2.5 oz ff cheese (I just count by protein, should be about 20 grams)
1 slice bread (pumpernickel, rye, flourless) (**I also use 2 slices of bread and skip the side of fruit below)

Side:
1/4 cup grapes

Mix mustard and relish, spread on one half of bread. Add cheese. Spray pan and grill.

C/P/F
17/23/5
Cals: 205

Colleen

Colleen,

I remember that you're currently on a maintenance diet for BFL, is that right? Do you follow the workout plan also? I don't specifically follow the diet plan (though I do a version of it), and I'm planning to do a rotation of the workout plan. I'm encouraged by the fact that it's only 3 45-min weights and 3 20min. cardio per week, but I'm not sure if that is sufficient. I would love it if it was! Do you, or have you, followed it before, and gotten good results?

Thanks, Elaine

Hi Everyone!

Here's my first planned menu...I really like doing this..it keeps me focused:

B: egg beaters w/ham,bellpepper,onion,whole wheat tortilla
S: cottage cheese, apple
L: grilled chicken breast w/salad,baby carrots,lite italian, orange
S: nonfat plain yogurt, blueberries
D: turkey goulash (from EFL book)
S: weight watchers shake (only if I'm still hungry)

I was so amazed when I put all this together that it works very well with my Weight Watchers and is a ton of food. Not sure if I will need to eat it all, but it's nice to know that if I want to, I can!

This morning I did a walk/run (4 min walk/2 min run) for 45 minutes (I just started a new running program and I'm working my way up)
Tonight will be either body fusion + abs, or basic step with all the add ons.

:7 Happy Friday!

Nicole

>Colleen,
>
>I remember that you're currently on a maintenance diet for
>BFL, is that right? Do you follow the workout plan also?

Yes, for me maintenance means I eat more breads and pasta than before. Altho my background is more of a skinny fat person.

Both time I "started" the challenge, I lost 2" in my waist, hips and abs. I think I lost about 5 lbs or so.

The challenges, I always go by the book. Then I get bored and miss videos. Lately I've been doing the cardio but doing interval training (IMAXs or Intense Moves or intervals on the stair climber) and for weights:

4 weeks book
4 weeks S&H
4 weeks pyramids

Cardio: I normally do 20-30 minutes. I think the cardio and weight times are sufficient. When you do your 20MAS or HIIT, you literally are one step away from throwing up at the end. That is how hard you need to push yourself and why the quantity is less than other workouts. I honestly never thought 20 minutes would ever work after doing long tapes like Cathe and Christy...but if you do it correctly, it wipes you out.

Colleen

Yes, thanks Colleen! I don't have any of Cathe's cardio workouts, so I just try to run as my cardio. I don't follow the BFL timeline, I just try to do something like a 30sec sprint, 1 min jog for 15-20 minutes total. But I always dread doing it because it's so hard! But I really see a difference when I do this at least 3 times a week, so I will just have to buck up and do it. Thanks for the motivation!

PS Have fun in Tahoe! I was just up there a few weeks ago (I'm in San Jose). I bet there's some nice powder after all the rain!

Elaine

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.