Have I taken on too much?

jcm

Cathlete
I love Cathe and I'm excited about this new challenge (and what it might do for my gaining on 40 year old body), but I'm starting to freak out about what I've taken on! With three kids my plate feels so full and now ... all this 1RM testing, purchasing of new weights, I'd love either an incline/decline bench or the risers to go with the step ... and I've only tested like 20 exercises so far! I'm sure this is what I need - and Cathe has never let me down, but I'm feeling a bit terrified and overwelmed!

BREATHE DEEPLY!

I love Cathe and I'm excited about this new challenge (and what it might do for my gaining on 40 year old body), but I'm starting to freak out about what I've taken on! With three kids my plate feels so full and now ... all this 1RM testing, purchasing of new weights, I'd love either an incline/decline bench or the risers to go with the step ... and I've only tested like 20 exercises so far! I'm sure this is what I need - and Cathe has never let me down, but I'm feeling a bit terrified and overwelmed!

Not SNM here- Just an excited Fan!
It can seem overwhelming.... You'll be fine.... With 20 1RM completed you have a good baseline...Dont worry if thats all you do...Just log your weights on week 1 and note to self - Go higher or lower next time.

The workouts are about 60 minutes or less and ONLY 3x a week... You probably do way more than that now. Add cardio days as you feel you need them & have time to do....

It all seems so much until you get it in your hot little hands and just get started with day 1 ~ I'm tryinng to just think of the excitement and not the details of "how"...I'm as prepared as I ever will be...All we have to do now is Press Play!

This is what I'm telling myself! LOLOLOL

I think you'll be just fine once we get into the actual workouts. Since you already use Cathe workouts you're already putting that time into your day. These are mostly about an hour, which you're probably already used to, right?

I felt overwhelmed until the PDF of the 1RM tests was published and I actually got started on them. I'm feeling much better about things now. It doesn't seem so mysterious somehow. It definitely is time-consuming to get through them. I briefly considered not doing the 1RM tests, but decided that I would just be shortchanging myself. It would be foolish to put the money and the longterm rotation commitment into it and not get the most out of it simply because I was reluctant to get the prep work done.

As far as the new weights and equipment, I've had to buy some, too. But I'm trying to look at it as an investment/payoff in the progress I've made and the progress I'll be making.

Thanks

Yeah - just feeling overwelmed. I do weights w/ Cathe but for years my focus has been running so this is a huge change. And one I do believe I need. 2008 is ending with my weight higher than usual and it's been harder that usual to get it off - I'm not in my 20's anymore! I think by summer I'll be so happy it's just - WOW. While pregnant w/ my third child I'd saved money for months w/ the intetion of personal pilates training but it wasn't practical. So I'm doing this instead. Let's just say I'm looking forward to ... June/July? ... when the 3+ months is complete and I'm rocking that bikini (LOL - I couldn't wear one at 18).

Jen

Don't worry! You haven't taken on too much.

I work out three days a week in a gym with an NFL
trainer -- I'm older than you and that's nothing -- one
of the other ladies is 61, has run in marathons, has grandchildren,
and lifts like an ox.

You'll be fine!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.