HATE - Mar 13

August

Cathlete
OHAYOU! (pronounced OHIO - good morning in Japanese)

I'm in my pajamas. :)

I didn't work out. :)

I had my smoothie anyway. :)

I have cardio on my rotation today so I'm thinking I'll do some Pilates after I work some. :)

I found out I can have my Nintendo DS Lite hinge repaired for free under warranty. :)

I bought some DS Lite screen protectors while at the store to celebrate. :)

I chewed my food a lot yesterday. :)

Nevertheless, the young woman with whom my partner and I were having dinner said, "Wow, you eat fast." :eek:

I'm in my pajamas. :)

Oh, wait, already said that.

Anyway, hope everyone has an awesome day! :) :) :)

Heather - I have almost as many workout shoes as you do, minus about 21!! Where on earth do you store that many shoes?! Do you have as many regular shoes, or when you're out walking about are you always wearing flip-flops? LOL.

Robin - Oh yeah, warmer weather! Love the sound of that, and I am ready!

Deb -

>thats supposed to be cut green pepper (wait I think I'll try the paper it's probably tastier)

LOL. Yeah. Green pepper. Sometimes green paper does taste better. Hey, I'm happy for you to read that you're taking in 2 cups of romaine in your smoothies! Woo hoo for yoo hoo!

Shelley - When I get my donuts, I'm really going to have to make a conscious effort to eat them slowly and chew them for good digestion. I'm afraid that since I've been dreaming of donuts for such a long time that I might cause an accident to occur once I step foot in Donutland....That is absolutely awful about waiting around for someone not to show. That would piss me off to no end.

Michele - Did you happen to call that Italian restaurant hoping you'd left the leather bookmark there? That's so great that they had it. How do you suppose it got loose in the restaurant?

Dana - Glad to hear you're feeling so much better!...That's pretty impressive that you've only seen a cockroach once in your life. Wow, hundreds of ladybugs all at once would be pretty cool for about ONE minute. Then I'd have a near panic attack trying to figure out how to get rid of them without harming them. (Although now I see they're not affected by vacuum cleaners.)...A treadmill! Cool! Oh no, am I going to have to start measuring my place again to see if one will fit?

Mariah - Welcome back! I'm glad to hear that the services went smoothly. I hope it was a peaceful trip....Congratulations on the twins!!

Arista - The ring is gorgeous! I've never seen one that looks like that. Nice choice! I can't imagine how anybody would give a negative response to that. Sending good vibes for tomorrow (tonight?)!

>I saw a show on "Killer Ants" on the TV last night and I thought of you (Michele).

LMAO!

Did you mention the Virtual Villagers before? I think you might have. I don't know what that is. I must check it out!

>Oh wait, better than that, just send him some Krispy Kremes filled with Pepto Bismol filling.

No don't do that, Diane, send them to me! I'll gladly take them any possible way I can LOL.

Diane - Urgh, how awful at a work. What a jerk.

Terri - Interruptions while working? I guess the only interruptions would be phone calls or my always active curiosity about whether there is something cool going on in my village in my Nintendo Animal Crossing....Any news on your company name?

Jen - I have a bunch of pajama days in a row, woo hoo! Unfortunately though, I'm out of fresh veggies, which means I'll need to get dressed to go to the store LOL. But I figure I may as well take Mom out for dinner in that case and make an evening of it....Wow, the weather where you are sounds fantastic! It must be nice to be wearing Spring clothing. I can't wait to be able to put away all my thick, static electricity inducing clothing.

Kara - Oh man, that recipe sounds really yum. Someone who cooks around here has to try it and tell us wimps about it!

All righty. Off to my work room now.

Have fun!

I Hate PMS Mondays

This was a Monday all day long. I finally settled down and got to sleep around 2:00 a.m. I overslept this morning because I forgot to change my alarm clock when the time changed. Not to mention, it is PMS time. I am caught in a hormonal hurricane, my normally dry skin is unusually oily and breaking out as a result, I feel fat and bloated, and I am so emotional. :-(

August, this is why I am single. I do not have room for a man in here with all these shoes! :7 LOL! I have a closet devoted to workout shoes and clothes. To answer your question, I do not have as many regular shoes. I have 9 pairs of dress shoes, 3 pairs of sandals, 2 pairs of flip flops, 2 pairs of beach shoes, and 2 pairs of cowboy boots. They are stored in the closet with my non-workout clothes. If a burglar broke in here when I was away from home and saw all these fitness shoes and workout DVDs and equipment, he would never imagine that I am so fat! ;-)

Michele, you need to read the message I posted in the check-in yesterday just for you! :*

Shelley, do you take road trips? I need a closet intervention. I have read that you like to organize closets. :)

Dana, I adore ladybugs. Please do not hurt the ladybugs. They are my friends. Send them to me! One of my friends in Kentucky actually poked tiny holes in a shoe box and mailed me a bunch of ladybugs! :7

Terri, I definitely have enough workouts to go with my shoes. I am waiting to buy more workout outfits until I break free from this fat cocoon. :)

MSY, your babies are too cute for words! :)

Blessings,
Heather B.

“Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us” (Hebrews 12:1 NIV).

RE: I Hate PMS Mondays

> If a burglar broke in here when I was away from home and saw all these fitness shoes and workout DVDs and equipment, he would never imagine that I am so fat!

The more likely scenario is that he would scuttle his self away as fast as he could because he would realize you would easily kick his butt!

Anyway, very impressive shoe collection! Are you a shoe person? I'm a hat person.

I'm also dry all the time. I can do a pretty good impression of a scaley fish in the winter. I guess that also means you could say I do a good snake, too. x(

Sorry to hear Monday had you in a PMS grip. Hopefully tonight will bring you some glorious sleep and you'll wake up fresh in the morning.

I'm also single and live with my plant. It's the longest relationship I've ever had. :7

ROTFLMAO at both of you!

I woke up with a headache (sinus) and needed to take something for it and I just couldn't resist checking in for a minute. I'm going back to bed now. I'll have lots of catching up to do tomorrow, well, in a few hours;) :*

MORNING GIRLS!!!!

Oh, sorry, didn't mean to yell.

August - I think you need to revise all your notes to yourself to say "CHEW SLOWLY". I'm glad to hear you can get your Nintendo thingie fixed free of charge. Now, do you think my 9 year old would like one of those DS light thingies?

Heather - I abhor PMS. I have absolutely legendary PMS. People hide from me. It can be quite fun. About the closet thing (I'm using the word "thing" a lot this morning), I would be thrilled to come down and do a closet intervention. I'm actually planning a trip to TX next year to visit friends!

Michele - go back to sleep!!!

I went to bed at 8:15 last night. Yes, my life is THAT exciting.

Now I must go search out this picture of Arista's ring. And I'll be waiting very impatiently to hear from her today!

ETA - the ring is GORGEOUS!!!!

There's a bracelet I want from Tiffany that my SO offered to get me for my birthday. I said no. I'm an idiot, right?

Good Morning !

Is it okay if I post here? I've read your posts for a while and you all seem like such a fun bunch!
I think you started as Cardio haters.......don't know if that's the only ones who post here, and if so ....I have to fess up that I don't hate Cardio at all. (in fact, if there was a cardio lovers check in , I should probably be over there instead) BUT........then I started thinking, if ALL haters are welcome I do have things I hate. Like LOW ENDS and sit and stands :eek: , can that count ???
I really don't do those anymore since I've had reaccuring back pain and I've been avoiding squats and lunges and most high impact cardio, but I still hate them.
}(
Anyway, my name is Becky, I'm 43 , have 3 kids (2 grown and moved out) a DH and a cat. and a little grandson - who is almost 15 months old.

Nice to meet you all , and OHIO back to you!!!!:7 ;) (that's where I live)

Hi Heather!!!:D

MORNIN, SHELLEY!!

Well, I for one am happy you went to sleep early last night so you could come here and visit early! :)

Especially because your post contained valuable info for me.

OMG. You are SO right! CHEW SLOWLY! Sure, I'm chewing my food now, but...ahahaha,..LOL! You are so right.

Note to self : Chew slowly.

Would your 9 yr-old son like a Nintendo DS Lite?

Hmm. Well, let me think about that for just a momentYES.

Like, are you asking me for serious? :D I've played mine until the lid broke, and I only got the thing in December.

Okay, so what's the story behind your SO offering the ring and your turning it down?

OHGAWD, I CAN'T STAND LOW ENDS!

You're perfect for our checkin!

WELCOME, BECKY!

I've also recently given up on squats and lunges after saying that I was going to give up on squats and lunges for about a year :) . My knees hurt. I hate them. (Squats and lunges, not my knees, though I can't say I'm particularly fond of my knees either now that I'm thinking about them :* .)

Tell us more about your cat. :) We love animals here in Cardio(or other)hatesville.

Oh, and you live in good morning! (OHIO) :D

Thank You August! :D

Okay, I've found something else I hate!

I hate it when you have your workout clothes on, your water ready and everything set up for a good ride on the stationary bike and your batteries (for the display) are DEAD and you have no new ones to replace them!!!!!!!!!!!!x(
I am going through all the toys we have here for my little GS and trying to steal the batteries out.
HOW DO YOU GET THEM OUT OF A GLO WORM?????????? I'm starting to think it's impossible!!!!:p
OKAY now I hate glo worms!!!!:p

Our cat is a beautiful part siamiese who is also part INSANE! I love her to death but she is (OMG glow worm saved the day! I had to get a screw driver and I broke a piece of plastic off but I got 2 C batteries and the display is now working!!!!:7 ;) )
Anyway, back to Cleo, she loves me but all on her terms....you know how cats are and she is distructive (runs up the walls all the way to the ceiling and she is declawed! scratches up the leather couch , with her two back paws, on & on....)

Okay, I'm riding the bike before anything else happens!}(

Nice to meet you. Can't wait to meet everyone else.

Hi to Becky and everyone else this morning-August, Iv'e never mentioned this but I too LOVE donuts although not the krispy kreme kind- I love just plain regular cake donuts-and in another 2 weeks I am going to treat myself to one with my coffee-

I hope everyone has a great day, it's supposed to be sunny and 60 here today-yippee--bbl--deb

Becky - Cleo sounds totally frisky and great!

Glo Worm?! LMAO! You killed it to get its batteries?!

Deb - I'm totally with you. I know KK is famous for their raised donuts, but I, too, am a cake donut fiend. Truth be told, I don't even like raised donuts.

Which does not mean that I will not eat one if forced.

Good morning haters. Gosh, I'm having so much trouble keeping up with everyone and everything here.

Welcome to Becky. I believe the Cardio Lovers now out number the haters here. I have a crazy cat too. His name is Frank. Why do we invited these destructive, wild, furry creatures into our house?

August, hooray for pj days! Actually, I get out of my pj's as quickly as I can. Usually in the middle of the night, during a hot flash. I don't think I could work at home. I'd never get any "work" done. I'd be seeing too much house stuff that needed to be done.

Arista! The ring is beautiful and I'll marry you if Ryan says no. Actually, if Ryan says no, I think there will be a bunch of haters coming for a very scary visit. I can't wait to hear how it goes.

Jen, I'm glad you had a good Monday.

Diane, I'm sorry you work with such a jerk.

Mariah, it's good to have you back. LOL at not having a body part that doesn't need work. I think my wrists are in pretty good shape, but the rest of my 51 year old body is saggy, baggy or bumpy and lumpy. Congratulations on the twins.

Michele, is your mouth continuing to improve. Great about your bookmark. I once returned a library book with a special bookmark my sister had given me. Luckily, someone turned it in. What family members are also going to Italy? Are they traveling with you? Or are you meeting up with them? Or will they be in some totally different part of the contry, but having them on the same continent gives you the heebie-jeebies?

Dana, I hope your DH follows through on the treadmill. I actually hate the things, but it would be nice to have one on those cold winter days when you'd like to walk/run.

Shelley, your bark is worse then your bite. You are really a big sweetie and you can't fool me.

OK, I have to run. I'm hoping to get a bookcase sanded and start painting today. Did I mention my DH ended up renting a minivan for our weekend trip to Philly. Now I'm excited. I'm not sure what we'll be doing. Hopefully, Greyor will be a good baby.

AUGUST!!! It's a 9 year old daughter, actually ;) She has a Gameboy Advance, but I'm wondering what the difference is between that and the Nintendo you have. I'm glad that adding the word SLOWLY to your daily mantra helps:)

Oh, and it wasn't a ring he offered. It was a Tiffany bracelet. I don't know why I said no.

Becky - welcome! I don't hate cardio either. But there are lots of things I do hate, especially when I have PMS.}( Cleo sounds like an absolute character. I bet you have good Cleo stories.

Hi Deb - could you send some of your sun up this way, please???

Morning haters. It is going to be a beautiful day here in Pa – mid 60’s – yeah!!!! I had the kids outside last night for about 45 minutes and they did not want to come in. Gannon particularly loved stomping in the mud. They were both covered in mud by the time we went in. I’m sure we’ll be doing that for the rest of the week.

Welcome to haters' ville Becky! I hate low ends too but . . . I found out that they do build up the stamina when you have to pee in a public restroom and need to do the hover-squat so you don't have to sit on the seat. LOL Glow worm?!?! My 17-month old has a Winnie-the-Pooh version of the glow worm. We lost the back of it so the batteries won't stay in. Your Cleo sounds like a gem.

Shelley – what time do you get up in the morning? I’m up at 5:00 and I’m ready to go to bed by 8:00 too. Last night I was up til almost 11:00 though – I could not fall asleep and my head was pounding. I keep thinking that once my kids are teenagers I’m going to have to stay up later when they go out with their friends, especially since I’m a chronic worrier.

Heather – don’t worry – I won’t kill the lady bugs. Where we live now there aren’t too many indoors. I usually just put them on my plants if I find any in the house, or I put them outside. I am definitely not mailing them to Tx, you crazy!

Diane – that guy does sound like a major jerk! Since your boss is onto him and realizes what a moron he is, maybe he won’t be along much longer? Hey, doesn’t hurt to wish. Plus, you’ll be home with the baby before you know it and you won’t have to deal with incompetent people anymore.

Michele – I’m sorry you aren’t feeling well today. Oooh, you’re going to Italy? When? Did you see Kara’s recipe? Looks yummy!

Kara – That recipe sounds wonderful. I’ll probably be the only one that eats it but I’ll definitely try it. I think it could be a week’s worth of lunches.

Terri – How are your legs today? KPC & B&G in one day is sure to bring on some major DOMS (at least for me it would). I know you said you like Amy Bento and although I have to desire to try her cardio (since I HATE cardio, she’d kill me) but was wondering if you (or anyone here) has tried her All Pump Extreme? I saw it in Collage and although it is a long workout there are premixes. I was thinking about getting it but I haven’t seen any reviews on it here.

Arista – I checked out the ring, I LOVE it. I’m sure that Ryan will too. How can’t he? I can’t wait to hear all about it. Did you decide exactly what you are going to do?

Mariah – did you find out what happened at Wal-Mart? Congrats on the birth of your nephews. Since you like Gilad, did you see he has a new workout out? It is a bootcamp kickboxing workout filmed on the flight deck of an actual US Navy aircraft carrier. (I got that from the Collage catalog) It is a HIGH IMPACT, basic choreography, 53 minute workout and is $19.95.

August – whew, thank goodness you can get your cover fixed, free of charge!!! Sounds like you’ve got a nice day ahead of you – shopping for veggies and dinner with mom. I’m serious, I actually like going to the grocery store, or farmer’s market when the weather is nice, to see what different veggies and fruits are out there. Yes, I’m a dork. Where are you taking her for dinner? All this talk of donuts sure is making me hungry.

Robin – I was wondering where you were this morning. I guess I missed it, what are you going to do in Philly this weekend? Is the whole family going? Enjoy your day! Speaking of farmers markets, do you ever go to the flea market in Lewisburg for produce? I love going there. Last year DH & I thought that they were open on Saturdays, we got there and nothing was open.

Jen – I want to give you a big THANK YOU for recommending the PowerStrike workout. I got it yesterday and did it last night and I LOVED it. I know you said that III is not as intense as I or II but for me, it was just right. I hate cardio so this was just perfect since it was low impact. Ilaria’s form is perfect, she is totally ripped, the music was great, and she has a great personality (not whiny/perky which drives me bonkers). Thanks!!!

Nothing new here. Same old boring day with nothing going on. Gannon does have a doctor’s appt so I get to leave at 2:00. I just posted to Jen that I did PowerStrike last night instead of GS BSB as planned. So I will do GS BSB tonight and switch B&G timesaver pre-mix to Friday which was supposed to be Powerstike.

Ya know, since Ash Wednesday, I have not eaten any sweets (candy, cookies, cakes, pie, donuts, etc), no chips, crackers, pretzels, snack foods, no coffee, diet Pepsi and barely any sugar (except for in my tea at work) and I don’t think I’ve lost anything except for 3 lbs! So I’m anxious to see what my weight loss will be on Easter Sunday and if I don’t much, so much for eating healthy! Bring on the junk – j/k.

Last night DH told me he had a salad from Wendy’s for lunch – what a shocker b/c he would normally eat a bacon cheese burger w/Biggie fries. He also told me that he is cutting back to 1 soda a day. He wants to lose 15-20 lbs which he will probably do with little effort, you know how guys can drop the weight easier and quicker then us woman. That stinks! I tried to get him to workout with me but he didn’t want to. I told him that I would leave the pilates DVD for him – hee-hee!

Hi Deb, Cora and anyone else I accidentally forgot.

I guess I better find something to do and look busy. Have a great day everyone! :+

Shelley -

>AUGUST!!! It's a 9 year old daughter, actually

Okay. Duh. I know that. I'm totally spacing out. I apologize.

I see, you're asking about a DS Lite for your daughter.

Would your 9 yr-old daughter like a Nintendo DS Lite?

Hmm. Well, let me think about that for just a momentYES.

To tell you the truth, I don't have Gameboy Advance, so I really can't tell you what the differences are. The Nintendo DS Lite has a compatible compartment in it so you can play your Gameboy Advance data chips on the DS Lite.

>Oh, and it wasn't a ring he offered. It was a Tiffany bracelet. I don't know why I said no.

Okay. Duh. I read that. I'm totally spacing out.

How did he react when you said no? Was he hoping to get it for you for a special occaision?

Robin - I can't imagine what you might mean by not being able to work from home! I get a ton of stuff done on the forums and on my DS Lite. x(

What a gasp you must have had to realize you'd returned the book to the library with the bookmark from your sister. How lucky to have been able to get it back!

Wait a minute. Was there some talk about Michele and Italy?

Why am I spacing out so much recently?

Note to self : Swallow all food

Robin - my bite is MUCH worse than my bark. I just know how to restrain myself. Believe me, if I said half the stuff I was thinking, I'd be a pariah. Have fun sanding your bookcase. Did I miss where you're going away this weekend? Is it the whole fam damily going, Mr. Greyorpants and all?

Dana - holy mammoth post! I'm glad your kids had fun stomping in the mud. I practically had to bathe the dogs when we got back from our walk last night. They had very muddy bellies. I get up at about 5:20. This morning Sadie (female dog) got me up earlier than that though. I guess she had to pee. I LOVE the Powerstrikes too! Isn't Ilaria awesome??? Check your PMs;-)

Dana -

>I found out that they do build up the stamina when you have to pee in a public restroom and need to do the hover-squat so you don't have to sit on the seat.

LMAO LMAO!

Oh man, I need to get to work like RIGHT NOW.

August - CHEW SLOWLY.... then SWALLOW. I'm gonna have to check out this Nintendo thingie.

I'm curious about your work. You're a songwriter and vocalist. So you actually go someplace to do this with sort-of regular hours?

Good morning!!

Becky, WELCOME! We'd love for you to join the haters. Most of the haters love cardio, by the way. I'm totally lol at you stealing batteries out of your DGS's toys:7 . I think you'll fit in here perfectly.:)

Low ends -- HATE!

Somethings not right with my kitty today. First of all, he didn't sleep with me last night -- he always cuddles with me at night. He usually goes completely insane in the morning if I'm even 5 minutes late with his breakfast but not today. I overslept this morning and I didn't hear a peep out of him. I was packing my DH's lunch and he didn't even try to snag a bite! He doesn't seem the least bit interested in his food this morning. I'm debating about whether or not I should call the vet now or give it a little time. He's my baby :+

August, OHAYOU to you, too! It sounds like you had a lovely start to your day. So am I to understand that you're doing pilates after cardio or INSTEAD of cardio. Either way, you'll get no argument from me:7

I'm so relieved to know that you can get your Nintendo fixed for free.

>>I chewed my food a lot yesterday. Nevertheless, the young woman with whom my partner and I were having dinner said, "Wow, you eat fast."<<

ROTFLMAO!! You know, I think Shelley brought up a good point:p :7

I have a donut story. I bought a pair of jeans yesterday that needed a minor alteration. When I arrived at the sewing shop it was closed -- I mean CLOSED, empty, not there anymore. I looked for a sign with forwarding information but there wasn't one. (I suppose you're wondering where the donuts come in -- I'm getting to it). I went into the DONUT shop next door to see if they had any information about my seamstress and -- you'll be very proud of me -- I didn't buy a donut. It was hard. The smell of old fashioned glazed donuts was wafting through the air. I could feel my resolve slipping away so I spun on my heels and got the hell out of there. That's it -- that's my donut story. :p

I hope you have a fantastic PJ day:*

{{{{{Heather}}}}}, I'm sorry about that pesky hormonal hurricane. You know, there really is something to be said for the post menopausal phase of womanhood. I don't miss that whole PMS thing at all. However, I never had skin issues until after my periods stopped x( .

I was ROTFLOL at your cockroach story! I would worry about him crawling out of your vacuum cleaner:eek:. We get them here, too, and they disgust me. I have a contract with an exterminator and he comes around every month to spray the exterior perimeter of my house. That usually takes care of it but not always. Sometimes, like in the spring, he has to come inside with the big guns, like 2 weeks ago when he placed ANT HOTELS on my kitchen counter, along with this gooey gel-like substance that he squirted along the back splash. Well, I still have ants! Maybe they do become addicted -- they keep coming back for more!x( The exterminator is coming back tomorrow and he'll have some splainin to do!

I have a nice, big jellyroll pan and it's crying out for Texas Sheet Cake batter:9

I'm coveting your shoes. I have a hard time finding shoes I can wear. My feet are impossible to fit. I was looking for shoes yesterday and didn't have any luck at all. I was looking for casual shoes, though. I don't have quite as much trouble finding athletic shoes, but once I find shoes that fit, I tend to buy a few pairs just to have them.

I see that lots of people have posted. I need to read up and check on kitty and I'll BB in a minute to say hey!:*

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.