HATE going back to work - May 30

buffettgirl

Cathlete
Goodmorning all. Today I'm hating going back to work. Well, not really. I can't wait to bore everyone with my vacation chit-chat.
I have a gazillion maps and brochures, some pictures and a bag of chocolate covered dried raspberries from Canada to share.

I think today will be some kind of cardio workout. I won't know which one till I get home this afternoon and open up the closet door. Depends on which one falls out. I have some nice, pleasant DOMS in my biceps this morning from yesterday's PUB.

I'll try to get back to chat later.

Morning Robin!

How's work going? Have you settled right back in and bored everyone yet?

I'm sooooooooo tired. I don't know why. I can't wait for the weekend. Chris and I are doing a pond building workshop on Saturday because we want to put a fair sized pond in our yard. Sunday he's at work for the late afternoon and evening and I want to do some gardening and clean my house and go buy shoes!

Hi Robin & Shelley.

I'm in a mood today. LOL. My inlaws are driving me nuts. My DH's dad and his wife (DH's Stepmom) were at our house on April 20 (Gabe's b-day) and at that time mentioned they were going camping this weekend and wanted Gabe to go. OK, nothing more was said about it. As a matter of fact, we didn't even see them since then and they live 5 miles from us!!! So on Sunday, DH's dad says to Gabe, you are going camping with us this weekend. I had to intervene and tell him that Gabe has his last swimming lesson on Friday night and on Saturday morning he has soccer. But he can come after his soccer game and spend the rest of the weekend. His dad gets all cocky and I had to repeat myself and tell him that he would be dropped off at 1:00 on Saturday. Done! Well, last night when I wasn't home, he called and talked to my DH and they apparantly made plans that Gabe would skip his weekend activites. Oh I am livid! He is not skipping swimming or soccer. He loves both of them, plus Fri is his last lesson and he will get his certificate. As for soccer, there are only 5 players on his team, and it is our turn to take the snacks. Not to mention that I paid for both of these activities. It really, really gets me mad that they do this. This is not a one time occurance. DH's step mom doesn't want to spend Fri night alone (DH's dad works 3rd shift) so they just assume that Gabe will stay with them. They always make plans between the two of them but seem to include me and my DH. We're the parents, why should we be included??? Won't they be surprised when I don't take him over until SAT @1:00. Oh they make me MAD!!!

Then this a.m., I grab the HOT curling iron from the wrong end, the dog chewed up a diaper (try getting those gel thingies out of the carpet, near impossible) and then the dog pooped on the floor. Come in here and of course it is madness!!! OK, enough of my self-absorbed complaining.

Robin - have fun doing whatever workout you choose. I'll let you know about next Tuesday. I NEED a day off, but I am so stinkin' busy here.

Shelley - have you posted pics of what you did in the yard yet? I bet it'll look great. Plus, it is so relaxing just sitting by the pond listening to the water.

Jen - did you get a quote for your landscaping? Are you planning on selling your house soon?

Corrie - hey stranger! Glad to see you stopped by. Too bad you didn't get to meet up with Robin during her vacation.

Have a great day everyone! :p

Man it is so quiet on here these days.

Dana - How annoying that FIL would try to change your plans as if his plans are more important. Sounds like you are having a very bad day! I hope the rest of the day has been better.

Shelley - I want to see pics! Sounds lovely.

Robin - Have fun with your workout!

I had a doctor's appt today for my monthly checkup. The baby is doing well and everything appears to be going smoothly. Next appt I have to take the glucose tolerance test which I heard is not fun. The worst part is that I have to fast before the test and not eat breakfast. I am starving in the morning for breakfast, and lately I wake up at 4 or 5 in the morning because I am so hungry.

I have been keeping up with my walking, an hour a day every day, and I gained a little less weight this month than last month at my check up, and my weight gain was at a more healthy pace than last time. And I just don't feel as bloaty too. My thighs and buns are still getting huge, but there is not much else I can do about that. I actually am already looking forward to having a little baby weight countdown ticker and I am excited to get back into shape. Too bad my workout room is now a nursery, so I will probably have to workout in the bedroom and be in a much more cramped space. I can wait to dust off my Cathe workouts again! I am sure it will take a long time to get back to where I use to be and won't be able to do much of the workouts in the beginning.

I am thinking of signing up for Strollerfit classes after the baby is a few months old. That way I can workout with the baby and also meet some other moms. Everyone brings their baby and they do cardio with the stroller and also resistance exercises. I have a friend that did it and lost her baby weight. Too bad it will be winter when the baby is 2 months old, so I may have to wait until it warms up.

Well, DH told his boss yesterday about his new job. The firm is really trying to get him to stay, but they just cannot offer the same predicability in schedule. DH probably won't start for another month b/c his current boss needs him to stay for a bit longer, but the after that life should be much calmer at our house with DH less stressed all the time. I am excited for his new job to start!

Diane, I'm glad to hear you and the baby are doing so well and your DH got the new job. I must have missed that while on vacation. The strollerfit thing sounds like fun. Don't be suprised if you have a hard time fitting in workouts with the baby. There are 3 of us here and it's still hard to find someone to watch Greyor if one of us wants to exercise.

Dana, I'm sorry about your in-law woes. Luckily, my parents and in-laws always lived to far away to cause any trouble. What does Gabe want to do - camp or his other activities?

So Shelley, what's the Taget story? Huh? Huh?

I ended up doing a premix from Cardio Fusion. Like a real dope, I wore long pants and with the 80+ temps, I had a hard time getting through it. Tomarrow I'll have to dig out some shorts. I'm so pleased to report 2 days of good eating. I think the vacation was just what I needed to help me get my emotions under control. The last month or 2 I was just shoving whatever was at hand into my mouth. I don't know how I didn't gain 20 pounds.

Jen, how ya doing?

Good evening ladies~

Dana - how do you not kill your DH and his entire family? Really? I'd be sorely tempted if I were you:p

Diane - I'm glad to hear things are going so well for you! Strollerfit sounds fun!

Robin - ah, yes, the Target story. So, on the way back from your place, Sophie and I stopped at the Target in Niagara Falls, NY. We picked up what we wanted and took it to to the checkout. The girl rang it all in and it was $48 and change. So I gave her 3 $20 bills. Just at that moment, this cute little girl went toddling by with some necklaces in her hands - adorable, blonde curly hair, about 2 years old. All the cashiers were oohing and aahing over her. Anyway, the girl handed my my change and Sophie and I left. I got home and was going through my wallet, changing my Canadian and US money back over, and realize the the cashier had given me BACK my 3 $20 BILLS plus the coins from the change. So basically Target paid me $0.87 to get Sophie new running shoes, a t-shirt, some scrapping stuff, cereal, etc.:p

Hey haters. Not much to report here today, I'm frustrated so don't want to bring down the happy haters! Nothing major just mad that I am still not feeling well & that it's probably going to take another trip back to the doctor, which with work being super busy like it I don't have time for. Anytime my heart rate gets up I sweat like ten times more than normal but am still cool to the touch but I feel hot. I prob need to take my temp sometime to see if I have a fever but the last 2 times I felt like that & the doc took it I didn't have one. I've been taking over the counter crap since Sunday so not sure if it is one of those making me short of breath or whatever I have.

Robin- So how was the first day back in the office?

Shelley- I am right there with you with the being tired, ugh!

Dana- OH, I would be SO freaking mad at your DH's father & step-mom. I would also be pissed at DH for agreeing with your FIL when he knew you had already told them it would be Sat @ 1...unless he wasn't there for that conversation? I called the landscaping place & have an appoitment for them to be here on 6/11 @ 3PM to take a look at the yard then draw up the design & give me a quote. I'm really not sure if I will sell it soon or not... you never know! I've been here for 4 years now...3 maybe...I really need to figure that out!! When I bought it I wasn't planning on being here for more than 5 years but I love my neighbors & my yard & it is a safe place for Storm when she goes outside. So I'm torn, I'd like to buy a newer house but wish I could pick it up & move it here & move this house elsewhere!

Okay, well enough blabbing, I'm going to bed super early tonight in hopes that I'll wake up tomorrow & feel WONDERFUL! :)

Goodness gracious, I'm up to my ears in stuff and the incoming flow of stuff won't quit!

HELLO! :)

I'm August. Can I join your group? http://bestsmileys.com/lol/16.gif

I'm still going to be swamped for the next couple weeks. It's not an issue of you guys smelling bad or my not working out and having nothing to gab about and that sort. ;-)

I haven't even had time to lurk. :-(

But I did hear from Michele who asked me to pop in to say HELLO http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/2.gif to you all. Well, okay, she did not request that I add in a lascivious icon, I just added it on a whim for laughs. She said she is doing well and had forgotten her code to be able to sign in on the forums.

I hope she's shopping like a mad woman!

I have a question. Did I wish Jen a happy birthday?! I know there was a flow of bdays and I tried to come to wish happy birthdays, but now I'm thinking that I may have missed Jen's! http://bestsmileys.com/nono/9.gif

If I did, JEN, I hope you had a fabulous birthday!! (And if I didn't forget and am just repeating myself now,........um,....I still hope you had a fabulous birthday!)

All right. I'm back to work now. I'll be able to play more in a couple weeks, I think.

Until then, Love to Hate!

P.S. Dana wrote me a funny email just last night and it arrived right when the fire alarms in my building went off full blast (I was working, and it was almost midnight). The alarms have never gone off like that before, so it was kind of exciting. I stuck my head out my front door to see if I could smell/see smoke, but all I saw were about a dozen other people doing exactly the same thing - everyone in their PJs! It was glorious. It was like a mini-PJ party.

Thankfully, it was a false alarm. :*

All right. Later!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.