Hardcore Series :Hardcore Extreme DVD

poohpeggy

Cathlete
I did the Interval Circuit workout from the Gym Styles Hardcore Extreme Dvd, I thought I would share some tips that made the workout smooth. Because there are 2 different steps (Imax3 & HSC) this is what I did.

I set up my Long Step with 1 set of risers as I normally do.
I set up the Mini Step w/5 risers and my blue band under it (for the step ups) off to the side. I also put the 3lb DB's over there.

I also set up my BB , 25lb clips, 35lbs clips 40lbs. I had my 10lb DB's & green band also ready to go.

I had a fun time knowing it could just jump back and forth. I will do this workout often now!! I love the music!!

I have been afraid to order IMAX 3 because of the reviews, but I do love HSC. I wonder if I should consider this purchase now, because I have the option to set up the equipment as you so helpfully describe.

Try not to be afraid. There are great premixes on the Imax 3 dvd. Step only, All blasts, etc.

On the Hardcore Extreme Dvd, There are 3 workouts. Interval Circuit which I described. Hi/Lo workout combines Low Max & Imax 3 & has the Kick Max Blasts 1-10 at the end. The Interval Blast &Legs workout has Imax3, # 5,6,7 then Kick Max Blast Challenge #1-5 then Imax 3's #8,9,10 then Kick Max Blast Challenge # 6-10 and the Leg Conditioning Drills at the end.

They are fun!!

I have been afraid to order IMAX 3 because of the reviews, but I do love HSC. I wonder if I should consider this purchase now, because I have the option to set up the equipment as you so helpfully describe.

Yeah, no fear Carrie. You could have a blast with this series. If you've ever done Imax 2, Imax 3 continues the fun. You are always stronger than you think you are. Seriously, I have always found this to be true. My body can always do more than I think. Only the mind provides limitations. And as poohpeggy says, the music on the Hardcore series is probably the best of any series. I love it, so it carries you along on a high. And if you don't feel like doing all of Imax 3, well just start and tell yourself you only have to get to blast #5. This is what I do, and I always end up doing the whole thing! For some reason, for me, the first 10 mins of any intense cardio workout are the hardest. Once my body adjusts to the higher heart rate, I can just keep going.

Clare

I love Hardcore Extreme! I am going to have to pull that one back out. Great tips, Peggy.

IMAX3 was my first Cathe video and it was so different from what I was used to, I was floored. It is my very favorite workout just because that is what got me into eventually buying every single Cathe product out there.

Carrie, I am not sure what reviews you have read, but I think you should give it a try. If the reviews state the workout is way too hard, the moves are easily set up to be modifiable (don't jump as high, don't raise your arms so high, don't squat as deep, do air jumps instead of air jacks, etc.) Conversely, you can make the workouts harder (jump higher, squat deeper).

If the reviews state the moves are too complicated, let me just say that *I* mastered them and I am a lanky mess. I had previously only done very basic step (seriously; marching, step up, step down was about as adventurous as I had ever gotten). I remember for the life of me I could not learn the mambo-cha-cha move. It took me weeks! And that was in the warm-up...yes, it took me weeks to master the warm-up. I laugh now because it is one of the easiest moves and in a ton of videos.

I will say that every single time I do Imax 3, I feel so accomplished. It is a great workout. You can always pause if you need more recovery time. And I agree with the others - great music.

Imax 3 is a great workout,still hit the pause button but I've gotten better. Its a great workout. You can always work your way to doing all 10 intervals

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.