Hardcore Premix Update 9/20/04

Cathe Friedrich

Administrator
Hi Everyone! We had a meeting this weekend regarding post-production of the new hardcore workouts and I'm happy to say that we will be including premixes on most of the workouts. There may be a few workouts which will not include premixes (ie: Stretch Max) but we will include them on all the workouts where it makes perfect sense to do so.

I realize you do not have the details of the workouts right now, but if you have any premix suggestions you would like to make, please post them here.

WOO HOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Hi cathe,

This may not be at all feasable, BUT, on the strength training tapes if you would consider doing premixes for each body part that would be nice. OR even better yet, if you would split them up as chest/back and bis/tris/shoulders. I ask this because I have been doing alot of pushups, pullups for chest and back from p90x and they have worked wonders for my definition and upper body strength. SO if I decided that in some of my rotations that I want to do bis,tris and shoulders from one of your new strength tapes and stay with pullups, pushups for chest/back then it would work so nicely to have those as a premix.

Thanks for listening. I'll try to think of more.

Kristie Schultz :)

Cathe...

Thank you!!:) :) :7

I also wanted to say that most of your premixes so far have been right on target...but a maybe a small suggestion...

I did both KPC and L&G yesterday and felt like I really got a total body workout (maybe to the extreme) so maybe a combo of Kick Max and leg work....just a thought!:)

Post-production????? Cathe, I just realized I saw the word "post-production" in your post!!!!!!!!!!!! Does that mean what I think it means ?????????? The filming is done ????????????

Carol
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Hi, Carol,
You usually have a post-production meeting prior to doing a project to determine how expensive and involved your post production will be.
Amy

Yay, Cathe! I'm so relieved and excited to hear this news.

Although you mentioned that Stretch Max may be one that won't have premixes, I'd love Stretch Max to have premixes of "all back stretches", "all hamstring stretches" etc. There were going to be three different stretch workouts on that DVD, right? I'd love some premixes for specific body parts. And/or "extended upper body stretch" with all upper body stretches strung together in body-part sequence. I'm not sure you could get it to flow very well, but if so, I'd really use something like that.

For Core Max, if you could do premixes along the same lines, that would be cool.

Um, the premixes from the Intensity Series are great. I also love the Body Blast premixes. Whatever you come up with will be great, I'm sure!

Thank you!

Hi again.

Another thought for the premixes. Since it seems like most of the cardio/step workouts are workouts that either incorporate weights or some type of interval it would be nice for lighter cardio days to have those step segments as a shorter premix like you did in cardio and weights. I use that step only premix in cardio and weights alot. It would have been nice in Imax 2 to have the little step segments, before the blasts, also combined as a shorter step workout to add to the cardio and weights step only workout. It would be fantastic if you could possibly do that with imax3.

Thanks..

Kristie Schultz

Any premixes will be great!! We know it adds to the expense but it's what makes Cathe workouts sooooooooo special! Alexis

Hi Cathe!

Great to hear from you :) One thing I would've loved for IMAX2 is a step only premix like in Cardio and Weights... so maybe that as an idea for IMAX3...

:)
Susan

Hi Carol! No we have not actually filmed yet. Amy is correct about our post-prodction meeting.

But hang in there, not too much longer Carol :)

"not too much longer"

That settles it, this week is starting on a high note; nothing can go wrong now!!!

Thank you Cathe for making my work week start out so happy!!!!!:) :)

Premix ideas:

So glad you will have them. (I always knew you would. ;) Maybe its my optimism.)
I love Blast Mania on imax.

Favorite workout duration 55-60 minutes. I like having options for 35-40 minutes of extra butt-kicking intensity and also add-ons that are 18-25 minutes for a specific body part. Once in a while, (usually on rainy days) I use a long premix so that my workout time will be 80-90 minutes.

I also LOVE the workouts that combine 2, like KPC and Legs and Glutes, but I doubt you will do this type since there is one workout per dvd.

Will the Hardcore Extreme DVD have premixes? That could be really nice to have some shorter options that combine workouts.

Also, I LOVE core-only premixes. Will any of the other DVDs have core sections, since there will be a whole core only dvd?

Thanks for all you do!!

Cathe,

Just cannot stop thinking about it...

I also second premixes that are longer. I usually like 60 minute work outs, but weekends, I really like to push myself to the max like 90 to 120 minutes}( }( just an idea

Shorter premixes

It's funny. I was thinking that I really love it when there are premixes that provide shorter workout options, like the ones that let you do the 1st 5 intervals or the last 5 intervals in IMax 2. Shorter cardio and weights premixes for days that find me pressed for time are always welcome. With 5 kids and all of their activities, sometimes I'm so busy that those shorter premixes are a real lifesaver!

RE: Shorter premixes

Cathe,

THANK YOU :7 THANK YOU :7 THANK YOU :7

We love ya!!!

Whatever pre-mixes you and the rest come up with will THRILL me to death!

Sami

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.