HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TUES 4-6

buttercup78

Cathlete
GM LADIES

So....there was nothing "maniac" about me yesterday. I decided to take a pity party day; I ate some candy and complained about life. I did take the dogs on a longer walk, so I was not completely useless. But I officially broke up w/ sugar today, as this is the worst I have felt in quite some time. All Lent, I felt pretty darn good so it has to be the sugar b/c I did not eat out or have diet soda yesterday. Also, I am finally able to walk normal again :p so that is a plus. I think tonight will be a kb workout.

Linda-I do secretly love doms :) And I racked my brain yesterday trying to think of chest/back exercises w/o the shoulder and I did not have much luck. I hope the site Lori suggested has some good suggestions.

Lori-YAY on the kettebells. They are going to open up a whole new area for you :) You won't be disappointed.

Theresa

Last edited:
Morning Maniacs- This morning the DH wanted to workout with me. We did Elle Cardio Body interval workout. It kicked both our butts. I did most of it on the Rebounder cuz of my side and back and did the squat thrusts and mountain climbers slo mo for my injury. Max HR was 160. We added on a 10 minute stretch since this doesn't have one. Total workout was 60" and I burned 572 calories. Have great workouts everyone.

So no workout today again. Still have a pinch in my neck and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Every evening for the last 3 days I feel fine, can turn my head side to side, no pain or pinch. Then when I wake up its back. So it looks like I won't be lifting this week either. I'll do some cardio tomorrow if it's not too bad.

Had a great time yesterday in Amish County. The weather was absolutely perfect. Couldn't have asked for a better day. My eating was even good. Had grilled chicken with sweet potatoe fries. I know, the fries aren't too good but I can't pass those up when we go there. Ate on plan for the rest of the day.

Be back later for personals if I have the time. Hope you are all doing well!

Theresa - I wish you great success with your break up! I did fairly well yesterday, but hope to do even better today. Oh and I am taking your place on the leg DOMS.:D

Lora - Nice that DH works out with you.

Debbie - Sounds like me with my sore jaw. Went to bed feeling fine, woke up in pain. Finally went away though. Hope it improves soon!

I am so mad right now. I decided to do Cardio Core Circuit Cardio Premix this morning, on very, very sore legs :p from yesterdays P90X. I tried to be very good about it and did not do any floor moves, no mountain climbers, squats thrusts, roll backs, nothing. Did only standing work and right now my shoulder is aching like mad.:mad::mad::mad: I even tried not to do any crazy swinging of my arms when do cardio. Haven't taken my Celebrex yet, so that should help, but this is ridiculous.:mad::mad::mad:

Debbie-I'm glad you had a nice time

Lora-that is a nice burn today :)

Linda-do you think the shoulder trouble is from the increased blood flow due to the cardio? that would be the only thing I could think would cause that; the other thing I do that I notice causes shoulder pain is I act like I am doing shrugs and I don't even notice it (I hope this makes sense)......and YAY for you doms :)

theresa

Theresa - I think if something is impinged or if something is torn that all the movement with cardio just inflames it. Should feel better once I take the meds. Time to go make the call for the x-ray.

Good Morning!

I was really dragging yesterday, too. I had a lot I needed to get done and hoped a workout would burn off my "ughh" mood. VERY hard to get into it though. Almost did A. Bent's Kickbox Surge but remembered there are a few high impact moves (didn't trust myself, necessarily, to leave them out once I got started). So, I did Tae Bo Ultimate Boot Camp. It wasn't bad (55 minutes). Some of his workouts (seems like the newer ones) have a good deal of marching in place and talking. I suspect he just wants to inspire people, so I don't begrudge him that. Still ... :rolleyes: ... This one had some pretty good tubing work - especially for shoulders and moved at an ok pace. I practiced windmills for awhile too, but that was it yesterday.

Today I'm going to try the Circuit Workout I pulled together last week with a few changes to incorporate more kettle bell practice (some turkish get-ups and windmills). It's sequences of pull-ups, bike sprints, different push-ups, leg and ab work ... stuff like that.

Theresa - I have days like that. I really do. Think I was close to one yesterday. Sometimes I think that ultimately, they help me regroup and "start fresh," if that makes sense. Sounds like that's what you're doing. That stupid oldie "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do(you and sugar)" keeps running through my head :eek: . (Please make it stop !!!!) I am pretty stoked about the kettlebells and get a feeling that, like you said, they'll open up a whole new world. I appreciate free weights but have run into some limits with them and noticed some strength imbalances. The more I read about kb's, the more I get a sense that it's a very different, more integrated form of conditioning. Plus, I appreciate the cardiovascualr component without high impact. On and on I go ... Hope you have a better day today and a great workout!

Lora - Your comment about kb's and feeling like a bad @?& ... I laughed my bad a#& off :D :D ! I think it's so incredibly cool your dh works out with you. Sounds like you guys had a great workout. I did put the site you mentioned in my "favorites" without looking at it much. I think you're right. It's a good resource, but since I just got the kettlebells, I'll wait to torture myself with other workouts I "need" for another day ;) .

Debbie - Wow. That sucks :mad: ! When you said that it's getting on your nerves, I'd actually wondered that - if it could be a pinched nerve or something??? That sort of pain can come and go and it's sort of "moody/funky." Whatever it is, I hope it clears up soon - today - NOW.

Diane Sue - Thank you for mentioning the AOS Minute of Strength. I've found a lot of info at that site and Dragon Door - and youtube. I've been watching and watching the clips for proper form cues, etc. Last night after ds went to bed I was watching Minute of Strength clips while also folding laundry and dusting and stuff. It took me forever - I kept stopping to follow along (just the movement without a kb). I do not multi-task very well :eek:. As soon as I can, I plan to order a good intructional video from AOS or Pavel. I've also run across a trainer named Steve Cotter and am sort of drawn to him. He has a DVD series: Encyclopedia for Bodyweight/Kettlebell/Joint Mobility - they look pretty good to me. Simple, low production cost and straight forward. So, I don't know. I am taking it slowly though - I want to learn. It's kinda fun being a "beginner" in this.

Linda - Glad you have the meds and are going to get the x-ray. That is just so strange?!!! Seems like you've been so careful and done everything "right." I'd be frustrated out of my gourd :mad: !!!

Hope everyone has a good day. Thanks for your input and help with the kb's. I'm not sure I'd have gotten them had I not joined this check-in ... very much appreciate you guys :) .

Lori

Hi there you maniacs! Long time no talk. Glad to see everyone is working out and trying to deal with all their ailments. LMAO!!!

Theresa - I sure know what you mean about sugar. I did pretty well last weekend, but still had my share of chocolate. I'm just glad I don't have small children around with easter baskets at home.

Lora - Glad you had a good workout with your dh. Great calorie burn!

Linda - Definitely get an X-ray. I'm surprised your doctor didn't do that last week. You need to find out what the deal it. I'm actually shocked they didn't find anything wrong.

Lori - Nice workout yesterday and hope you have an even better one today!!

Last edited:
Linda - Definitely get an X-ray. I'm surprised your doctor didn't do that last week. You need to find out what the deal it. I'm actually shocked they didn't find anything wrong.

Actually my doctor did order it on Friday, but with the holiday I didn't have a chance to get it done yet. Also I forgot about it until you mentioned it in another post. LOL! Anyway, I am going this afternoon.

Last edited:
Lori-glad you got a workout in. Mine must be ttotm and the sugar blues, b/c I felt pretty darn good over Lent. Good luck w/ your circuit today, it sounds like a good one.

t

I started with Tracey's Cardio Kickbox Challenge 59 minutes and burned 464 calories(didn't wear the gloves today)Max HR was 161 13mins with the Amazing Hoops and burned 101 calories Max HR was 144. Not bad since at first I was moving slower. Then I started getting some of the speed bag arms in and stuff. I finished it with only 1 minutes of the arm hoops. There is a 12 minutes workout and an advanced workout. They are not long workout but I am sure a person could hoop as long as they want
icon_biggrin.gif
Then I did CCore Circuit functional ab Mix and Ab Circuits stability ball abs wearing my 2# gloves till she did the prone stuff 28 minutes and 148 calories burned.

Linda, let us know how the x ray goes. I am glad to hear that you are getting one.

Debbie, that is strange about your neck pain being when you wake up. You are probably loosening it up after you get up and around duing the day. As far as candy is concerned I have grandchildren and I try to send it out the door. Right now I have a ceramic easter egg candy dish with snickers sitting here and my granddaughter put hers in a baggie and forgot it so it is in the freezer. I sure ate my share. Still paying for it too. Today I am on track so far.

Lori, when I bought my Go Fit kettlebells they came with a dvd that helped me get started. Then I had a friend loan me some till I bought my own:) One of the first ones I purchased was Advanced Russian Kettlebells with Phil Ross. Never did do all of that workout. When he started swinging the bell with a belt through holding it with his teeth to strengthen the neck all I do do was think of what a headache I would have when I was done with that:0 I am always trying to multi task or I would never accomplish all of the things I want to do:D

Theresa, sounds like you are back on track after the sugar rush:D

Diane Sue - Step away from the Snickers bars! LOL! I bought those Snicker egg shaped candy bars, there are 6 in a pack I think. I bet I ate 4 of them. Yeesh!!!

Diane Sue - That struck me as EXTREMELY funny (the neck strengthener exercise). Wow.
:D :D :D ... I am still giggling. I'll put the Go Fit workout on my list. May not ever be ready for swinging the kb with my teeth, though :eek: . Great workout today! I know you mentioned the hoops yesterday, but I'm not sure what they are?

K. Since ds was gone over Easter, I felt a little blue - and then I think I started feeling sorry for myself (poor me alone on Easter). There was no chocolate around. Not Easter chocolate, anyway. I ate peanut butter off a spoon straight out of the jar. Dipped the spoon in Hershey's chocolate syrup ... it was sugar free, though (yay me - what restraint :rolleyes: ). I put quite a dent in that jar, too :eek: :mad: . So there. There's my confession. I really do not even want to know what the equivalent in Reese's my "snack" would have been. Ugghhh.

I did finish my workout. The circuit was about 45 minutes (including warm-up). I spent about 20 + minutes practicing windmills and turkish get-ups. I am really enjoying this new stuff.

Lori, here is a link to the Amazing Hoops http://www.amazinghoops.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=12 If you click on the moving image it will show a youtube. Or go to media.
I know the first time I saw the teeth thing with the kettlebell I think my mouth dropped open. He also put the belt through it and swung it:eek:
Glad you are having fun trying new things. It is funny but I have problems with windmills on my right side but it is not difficult on my left. I have not identified why it seems so much more difficult on one side.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.