HARDCORE FITNESS MANIACS TUES 10/20

Suz, great to have you check in again. I am sorry that you feel like others are not talking to you. A lot of times I think my posts are just missed or they are too long and people don't have the time to read them. I do tend to blab away LOL
It looks like ShariLG could show you how to get that lower body muscle. She has it down:)
I read over Steve P's profile. I like that on his goals he has to be the best father that he can be:D
Eats are not my best thing either.
I really like the results best with weighted ab work. But, I try to mix it up a little so I get all types of training.

Thank you. Yes, I'm a blabber. People would really have a time with our e-mails. :p

Yup, ShariLG told me to be sure to EAT MORE! Pretty much the advice I get from all the women. Isn't that cool what Steve says in his profile? He's a great family man.

Eating right is sure tough. I have to prepare it all in advance or forget it! That's when I don't eat enough for sure.

I do hanging leg raises without weight actually except for when I'm at the college and I use a med ball on the dip machine. But at home I hang from my chin up bar so I do those unweighted and kick my legs way up and out. I learned that from a workout video Belinda Benn has up...at least I think she has it up...or maybe she just had me preview it for a project. I can't remember. :eek:

Suz, thanks for the ideas. I have made the pancakes. Usually with berries on or in them. I like raspberrie:D I do eat a lot of blueberries too. Came home starving after picking up the children because I didn't have lunch. So, I had some blueberries with yogurt and 1/2 scoop protein powder. A lot of carbs so far. Breakfast was leftover pumpkin again mixed with egg whites, cinnamon,stevia, and protein powder and microwaved in a shallow soup bowl. I have done this as a pancake but it is easier to microwave I just stir it a couple of times while cooking.

Theresa, my calorie burn always seemed to be just right with my Polar. It was pretty accurate with my calories in and out when I program it all into a program and track it. I have noticed that some seem to get higher calorie burns on their various hr monitors than I do. I will find out if this new one is different. Sometimes I wonder if it is just the various units and not necessarily the brand.

Last question-(to any and all)
Which of Cathe's dvds would count as HIIT? Imax? Would any of Amy Bento's count? I know they are intervals but I get a tad confused as to actual HIIT.

Theresa

Theresa, I believe HITT is a little different than regular interval training. From my understanding it is short burst of intensity that are so hard you a could not sustain them for very long. I think I Max intervals are a little long to be considered true HITT. These workouts are generally shorter and you could not sustain workouts like these more than 20-30 minutes. The idea is to not catabolize muscle. Have read the descriptions of Cathe's new ones on the above blog? You might get a similar effect doing one of the blast only mixes from I Max 2 or 3. I can't remember the length of these segments though. Haven't done them in a long time.

Last edited:
Diane Sue & Suz - Sometimes I wonder if I should post any longer, as I feel like nobody reads my posts either!! LOL. and I also babble on and type too much!

Rev Abs only has one pure Cardio DVD. The workouts are all on the shorter side, 20, 30 & 40 minutes. I only previewed quickly (other than the one this AM) and they look to be ab workouts, ab/core and cardio workouts, and a strength workout. I have to check them out more, but yes, this morning had a great workout and calorie burn. My HR hovered 150-155 and up to 160-164 for most of it and it looked easy on previewing! I followed the advanced person and went into the Rev Zone (higher intensity) whenever possible.

Lora, thanks for the description of Rev Abs. I am anxious to hear what you think of the others:) Why is it that you are not sure how you feel about the instructor?

Meals today were:
post workout- same as yesterday pumpkin, egg white, protein powder mix.
lunch late- yogurt, protein powder, blueberries
dinner- Squeaky gourmet rosemary roasted vegetables, lemon pepper tilapia
I should probably find a protein snack before bed.

I am putting together the Clean Eating Magazine cardamom cauliflower soup for my slow cooker so I can have that tomorrow. I bought the stuff and need to use it before it goes bad. I don't think I will use the spice chickpeas on top of it though. I may change my mind. Depending on how it tastes.

Okay, I am getting here late and haven't been around much lately, but I have to add that often I feel like days even weeks go by and nobody acknowledges my posts or responds. Which is probably one of the reasons I haven't been around much lately. But also on the other hand there are times I find myself directly involved in great conversations here.

Sonya & Suz - It is great to see both of you here again! You are both looking awesome.

Boy, at this point I can't even remember everything I read! LOL!

Theresa - I will be sure to post tomorrow Turbulance Training Workout as well as Mondays. All you do is alternate between the two workouts for four weeks, with a day of cardio in between. Then after four weeks you change the workouts.

Debbie
- I was right there with you this morning. I did not want to do cardio at all. See you enjoyed plyo legs the other day! I missed your post about your first Meso 3 workout. I will have to go find it and see how you did.

DianeSue - Hello, and sorry to about all you HRM issues. Currently, once a month my HRM will loose all its settings including the time. Usually, it is just annoying, but on Thursday or Friday last week it decided to do it in the middle of my workout. Boy was I mad. So actually I haven't even used it the past few days till I got a new battery for it.

Hello Lora.

Geez, I hope I didn't miss anyone!:D

I was in absolutely no mood to workout this morning, and certainly in no mood for cardio. I have no interest in choreography at all right now. So I decided on IMAX 2 Blast Mania Premix. It was 41 minutes long and I don't have any idea on the calorie burn because my HRM needed a new battery.

Diane Sue - I would love to mix up my berries more but Team Scivation pushed blueberries so much for fat burning so I got used to those. I guess I could be a little more adventurous. That pumpkin mixture sounds YUMMY. You are always so creative!

Theresa - I'll jump in (again!) on the hill sprints. Sonya does them on an overpass but she'll have to let you know the breakdown. I do them on my driveway which is a 25% grade. It takes me about 30 seconds to the top and I turn around and run back down a bit slower and go right back up. I do 15 repeats. I do a 5 minute warmup and my entire hill sprint workout lasts 30 minutes. Some days if I'm short on time I'll only do 10 repeats and have a 20 minute workout. I try to only do hill sprints 2x a week. It's hard for your legs to recover when you are lifting as well and I lift legs 2x a week (but I do other HIIT workouts). Of course Sonya probably does hill sprints 5x a week! :p

Lora - I think we're all just gabby! Too bad you weren't a late night poster when I was around before. It was just Diane Sue and me who would post late...until Hermia joined us. :) I think everyone enjoys all of your DVD reviews so don't ever stop!

Linda - Thanks! :)

Last edited:
I am off to bed early. I have a slight scratchy throat and am not wanting to come down with something. Will be back in the morning.

Linda, I should do some turbulence training. I was interested in the Kettlebell one. I am supposed to be on recovery for STS. Really I am not ready to go to Meso 3 yet. Thinking maybe 2 weeks. I am undecided as yet on the legs too. I enjoy plyo legs but I really do want to build some muscle. I hope you get a battery in your hrm soon. Those HR monitors are nice but they can sure ruin the mood for a workout when time is wasted messing with the silly things. One thing about buying the new Polar is it was easy to put my settings in and I will know how to work it:D

Suz, my only problem with raspberries is I prefer fresh. The frozen ones are kind of crunchy with the seeds. I can eat blueberries fresh or frozen. I bought a bag of grapefruit that i need to get eaten to. The only reason I bought a whole bag is the single ones were awful looking and I needed one for the Seared Scallops recipe in the New Clean Eating Magazine. Can't mix grapefruit into too many things. Usually for me grapefruit is a post workout thing. I peel it and sprinkle it with Stevia and eat it like an orange. If I put slices in baggies they make a good quick snack in the mornings. Oh, and that pumpkin concoction is good with some nuts sprinkled over the top too:D
The hills outdoors sounds like a good idea. I would probably just use the treadmill though.

Last edited:

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.