Hardcore Fitness Maniacs NOVEMBER 2018

I am back: I also did LM BODYSTEP #111 . That was a lot of fun. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the music in that one. This one had some weight workout mixed in. This one had a lot of shoulder work. My shoulders are fried. Need to read the description before I click on a workout, lol. I am so close to signing up for LM on Demand. Love the workouts, music and variety.

Diane Sue - I also looked over Les Mills last night. I still think we don't have all access to all the workouts. Look at the #. They are not in order. Lets say for Bodystep 1-112, there are some missing.

Is it just me or does Cathe's premixes look like they are just stung together like in her last few series? I don't see anything special than Main workout + Staggered Upper Body + Abs + stretch:confused: Maybe I am missing something? So far, I am not really impressed with the premixes. I probably will cancel my preorder once I see clips and get the downloads only. I just should have gotten the downloads instead of the dvd's in the first place.

Reactions: WD
My hips, glutes and hamstrings were so sore and tight yesterday that I could hardly get out of my chair at work. Walking was a chore. I went home and threw in my Karen Voight Yoga Stretch and did that before I made dinner. OMG, what a relief. I felt better immediately afterwards. I also warmed up a bean bag thing and sat on it for about a half hour. That seemed to help as well. I don't understand why the stretching I have been doing on my own hasn't helped at all and this workout always helps me loosen up. It must be the way she strings the poses together, they really are effective. I'm so glad I have this stretch workout.

I walked on my treadmill this morning even though I wanted to run. I don't think that is a great idea yet. So I walked for a while and then did Yoga Stretch again. Muscle are still bothering me but in a different way. I hope the stretching is finally lengthening the muscles. I should know better than to let it get this bad. I'm planning on doing Yoga Stretch after workout Thursday as well.

Workout was 35 minutes, burned 195 calories and went 1.75 miles. Did 4286 steps and my HR was 92/126.

Diane - You and Belinda are making me want to check out the Les Mills stuff now. Just so many workouts and series to choose from anymore. I do think that the $1 they charged you will not appear in your account, they do that to make sure the information you keyed in is legit. The gas stations do that as well. When you use your debit card at a gas station, there is $1 charge but then it gets reversed. I bet they are doing the same thing with you. Glad your dryer was delivered, hope you like it. Nice job with the LM workouts! They sound interesting

Belinda - I was hoping week 3 would be different exercises for Liift. Do they do it any differently? My biceps are so sore today, I can't believe it. My biceps hardly ever get sore. Nice job on your workouts today and yesterday! You are rockin' it!! Hope you and your DH have fun in Miami!! It's 20 degrees here today with a wind chill of 15. I'm sure it's warmer in Miami!! I agree about Cathe's premixes. Nothing special. With all the on demand stuff I'm using I'm thinking of cancelling my order as well.

Roselyn - What do you mean bb birthday? Just curious.

Roxie - Where are you?

DOZ - Where are you?

Have a great day everyone!!!

I am in the middle of my workout, but getting to the workout manager I cannot help but read posts ;)

Belinda, the shoulder heavy workouts is what I am a bit worried about. I will avoid that one. I find so many instructors get crazy with shoulders, and with my neck and shoulder issues, I notice quite quickly. Funny, shoulders used to seem so easy to me. You are right, I do feel like from what I looked at before when everything was locked, it seemed that there were more workouts. I do love the music.

Debbie, I was wondering if on some of those things like hydrants and pizza press, maybe you are over extending into the hip area a bit? I have been there before and could hardly get up and down out of a chair. If at all possible, it is worse when using weights. I used to do those with the firm and strap on two 5# ankle weights on one ankle. Now I cringe at the thought of going that heavy for some of those moves. For one thing with it on the ankle on side leg lifts it tends to pull on the knee. It is so easy to be in a hurry and not get in that stretching. I was researching the neck and trap crackling and pain and it said to do the stretching stuff twice a day o_O I find I just stretch a bit when it is really hurting which is probably not helping the inflammation.

Better go workout :p

I am back at working out but have to take it very easy for five days. Today I walked five miles slower than usual and had a great time getting some fresh air. Workout was 1 hour 40 minutes and I burned 721 calories. Tomorrow I might lift some weights but they will be light weight. I am not supposed to be doing any hard workouts for five days so there you have it. I have no pain and just a little swelling in my lower jaw where the implant was put in.

Debbie, maybe try some Magnesium to help calm your muscles down. Take it before you go to bed and you will sleep better too. Take it along with calcium with some minerals if you have it. I hope you fell better.

I am glad to be back and will read all of your posts this afternoon. I hope you all have great workouts today!

Diane Sue - the shoulder workouts wasn't very heavy in LM workout, I worked my shoulders this morning. They do have a modifier in all their workouts. The lady that was doing the modifying had no weights, just her did the arm movements. The # didn't add up, lol! Maybe if you pay full price you have access to all the classes. I am still happy with them. No way I will make it through all the workouts that are already on the site.

Debbie - lol, my biceps never get sore. I also feel it in my triceps this morning. Heck, I am sore every day so far.From what I can tell, he will slightly change the exercise week to week. Week 7 and 8 from what I can tell are different. I still like them. I am getting a good workout in. Now its even colder than it was this morning. I am looking forward to warmer weather this Friday. LM is offering a free trial, maybe you want to check it out. I had lots of problems with my hips in the past. Try not to run this week and keep stretching. Hope you feel better soon.

My workout is done, and I need to run errands, but am waiting for a check to come in the mail. I started with Coffey Fit Raw Just Step, 24 minutes, heart rate average 141, max 168, 2,194 steps, 156 calories, met 5.9. I then did Les Mills on Demand Body Step #107 Express, 32 minutes, met 5.8, 204 calories, average heart rate 133, max 155, 2,775 steps. I then did Les Mills Short Body Pump #102 arms, 16 minutes, heart rate average 103, max 128, 324 steps, met 4.5, 79 calories. I finished off with Les Mills Short Body Flow Yoga focus on hip opening, 14 minutes, met 2.0 31 calories. Total time was 86 minutes, 370 calories. The body pump had the usual light barbell total body warm up. I did not do the clean and press and I used only a 15# barbell for this. The arms started with triceps alternating overhead extensions with a weight plate(15# me) and single arm kickbacks 10# dropping to 5 when they did the pumping move. They repeated these 3 times then moved to biceps which was slow, quick, halfs, singles, pumps etc. I used 12# and dropped to 10# dumbbells. Their weight plates have a better handle grip in the center than mine do so it depends on the moves which I use.

Belinda, you are right there are so many choices I could not get through all of them in the free trial period anyway. I love the music and I like even the yoga has good music, which is one of the reasons I use the yoga flow from my Les Mills Pump dvd's set. There are some different stretches on these too. I did notice that there are different modifiers and weight increments so anyone can do these. The only part of me that tends to get sore is legs and shoulders and neck.

Jolie, glad to see that you are able to get back at the workouts with no problems. I need to get some more of the Rainbow Magnesium + Calcium that is plant based with some other items like tumeric and I think boswellia in it for inflammation. I generally take those at night and have run out. That is probably not helping me either.

Diane Sue - LOVE, LOVE the music, the energy and set up in LM. The workouts are a lot of fun. Great job on all your workouts.

Jolie - glad your back into working out. Please don't overdue it. Your workouts can wait. What Magnesium + Calcium do you take?

Good Evening,

Monday I walked on the treadmill to try and get my steps in and yesterday I didn’t workout because work has been crazy and today I had to be up at 5:30 to go to a meeting 2 hours away and didn’t get home when I thought I would so not a good week so far.

Today was LIIFT 4 Shoulders and I had a great workout. This one was tough, my shoulders are still burning. Wow, what a great workout!!!

3 sets/10 reps each and the HiiT movements were 30 seconds each

SS #1
Shoulder Press:
15's
Upright Rows: 15's
HiiT: Single Leg Squat Jump - I left the jump out as it was hurting my knee

SS #2
Front Raise:
8's
Lateral Raise: 10's
HiiT: Burpee w/No Jump

SS #3
Y Front Raise:
8's
Shoulder Flyes: 5's/3's/3's - these were HARD!
HiiT: Alternating Jump Lunges - I followed the moderator and just did back lunges

Abs: 3 sets/30 seconds
Flutter Kicks
Situps w/Arms Extended

Love it!! Workout was 32 minutes, burned 185 calories. HR was 117/149. Calorie burn isn't that high but it's only 30 minutes. It felt like my HR was spiking through the whole workout, I'm shocked to see it only went to 149.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile.

Diane - I don't know if I overextended during the pizza press and hydrants but it's certainly possible. I'm just glad I wasn't wearing ankle weights. My right hamstring is VERY tight again today. I'm actually afraid to do the leg workout tomorrow. I'm planning on doing Yoga Stretch when I get home tonight. I can see how stretching twice a day can help but who has time for that? Great job on your workout! I really want to try the Les Mills workouts. Maybe after I'm done with Liift4 I will. Do they always offer that free trial?

Jolie - I will look into the magnesium, thank you for the tip. I am having my blood tested later in December for the minerals I have in my body and what I'm low in. I'm looking forward to seeing the results. I also take Turmeric - I put the root right in my protein drink in the morning along with ginger root. It makes it taste weird, but I like the benefits it gives me. I don't remember resting for 5 days after my surgery but maybe I did? You should be good to go today I would imagine.

Belinda - Have a great time in Miami!!

Roxie - I hate when work gets in the way of my workouts, I feel ya girl!!! Hope you can have a great workout today!

Roselyn - Oh Beach Body. Duh! Sorry about that. Aren't you a coach there? I would think you could get all that stuff for free?

Have a great day all!

Good morning,

Week 3 D4 – Legs = 38 min is done.

R1: 10 reps/3 sets
Sumo Squat
Bridge w/2 DB's

R2: 10 reps/3 sets
Front Loaded Squat
Calf Raise

R3: 10 reps/ 3 sets
Alternating Side Lunge
Dead Lift – 10 reps

HiT: 3 sets/15 sec rest
Soccer Ball Kicks - 60 sec
Catcher Squat Jumps - 45 sec
Alternating Lunge Jumps - 30 sec

Core: 3x
Side Plank right side - 30 sec
Side Plank left side - 30 sec

Stretch

I will leave this evening to drop off our dog ChuChu. Tomorrow morning we fly to Fl. I will check in when I can. I will continue to do my workouts next week. The hotel has a very nice gym.

Debbie - those shoulder presses are tough :) Great job with your workout. I always modify all those jumps.

Waving Hi to everyone that checks in after me.

See you later.

I am not working out today. I woke up not feeling well, upset stomach so bad from the antibiotic I am on so I don't get an infection. My oral surgeon said to wait till tomorrow to start lifting weights so I guess I can wait one more day so something doesn't go wrong. It is raining today so I will catch up on laundry and clean the house for our Open House on Sunday. I am going to look into all these On Demand programs everyone is talking about on BB. I myself love Les Mills workouts, the music is always great and I like the pace that they go. I notice in the Cathe Live workouts she goes so fast your form really suffers if you are trying to lift heavier than the people in the class. I signed up for only one month so I can write down some workouts so I can do them in the future. I do like the calorie burns I get with them!

Debbie, I am glad you are liking those new workouts you are doing. How do you like the instructor? I like shorter workouts so I can do cardio too!

Diane Sue, Nice workout yesterday. I will check back in to see what you do today. Made lean meatballs yesterday and they were a hit. I had my with veggie spiral noodles and it was really good.

Belinda, I likethe old Cathe workouts much better than her newer workouts. They all seem the same to me just in different order. I guess I am ready for something new... I use Boneology Superior Calcium Form by Swansons and I use Jarrow Formula Bone-Up. I use Natural Factors Magnesium Citrate for muscle and heart function.

Roselyn, nice job on the Body Beast workout!

Roxie, great job in getting your steps in! Keep on Truckin…

Have a nice day!

Good Afternoon,

I had to go pay my vehicle taxes this morning I hate doing that. I did KCM Muscle Up First Set Pump this morning and will walk this afternoon. I am thinking about looking into a trainer for a while Inenjoyed the last time Imdid that.

Debbie-good job today

Jolie-I hope hope you feel better soon

Belinda-have fun in Florida

This morning I did all Les Mills workouts. I started with Les Mills Training Cardio #1 (these are do at your own pace workouts as you do the timed moves) They suggest these before you try the Grit workoutso_O I swear this was tough enough. It did a bit of everything, plyo, balletic balance moves like it the barre work, body weight strength, running in place, drills. Way too many burpees, bear crawls all over the place, and plank moves with push ups and knee ins. I don't think it was good for my neck and shoulders. This was 43 minutes, 280 calories, met 5.9, heart rate 121 average and 160 max, 1,950 steps. I expected more steps, but since so much ended up on the floor it lowed the steps and it ends with a yoga flow. I felt like I was working harder than my stats show, but I think it was more due to the discomfort of the moves. It one round of the moves and then the second half it upped the ante. As you can tell, I was not a real fan of this one.
I then did Body Pump short lower #99, met 4.6, 112 calories, 507 steps, 15 minutes of solid movements with very little break, does include the weighted warm up and a brief stretch, the squat track is about 5 minutes and the squat lunge track is another around 5 minutes. I used a 35# barbell, but my shoulders were not liking it so I picked up 15# dumbbells. It was the usual Body Pump moves with a different music track sequence. I love the music in Les Mills workouts. It keeps me going. I finished with Les Mills Body Flow yoga 15 minutes, met 2.0 33 calories, 14 steps. Total time was 80 minutes 425 calories, 2,471 steps. I want to try one of the barre workouts as they claim to include strength using some weights and some cardio which I figure is probably like some of what they did on the Les Mills training workout.
I doubt I will do a workout in the morning. I have to leave early to go do Christmas gift wrapping at my church. Things keep coming up and I still have not got out to do errands.

Roxie, sometimes I think a trainer would be a motivator for working out. If that works for you than that would be great.

Roselyn, looking through the workouts, there are some pretty intense workouts on Les Mills on Demand. Nice job on your workout.

Debbie, great workout. It is amazing sometimes when I end up dropping to lower weights because the move sequence is just so tough to get through. I don't know about these heart rate monitors. Mine has been so weird from one workout to the next. One that I feel should have had the higher heart rate does not, sometimes a weight workout will be much better than usual. I don't get it. That really was a good calorie burn for a 30 minute weight workout.

Belinda, nice workout again. That is great that there will be a nice gym there in the hotel for you :)

Jolie, do you take a probiotic and prebiotic. Those antibiotics really mess with the gut bacteria. One more day of rest sure won't hurt. I made a white chicken sweet potato chili from Whole 30 Slow cooker cookbook that has white sweet potatoes in it. It was really good. I usually do not care for the sweeter variety in a lot of my dishes, but these are not so sweet and did not get mushy. I did cook it on the shortest amount of time that they gave. I just had some for lunch today.

Last edited:
I wanted to do the LIIFT4 Legs so bad today but thought against it. My legs, hamstrings and glutes are still really tight. I just don't get it. I'm going to try Magnesium as soon as I can get to the store and buy some. I hope it works because this is ridiculous. I did Yoga Stretch last night and felt so much better and then this morning it was all tight again.

I walked on my treadmill for 1.26 miles and burned 135 calories. My HR didn't get above 84 bpm. Then I did Kelly's RAW Stretch and did as far as the splits. I stretched my hamstrings a bit more at that part and then stopped it because I ran out of time. I have yet to complete this stretch workout!! Love it, though. I heard her toilet flush during the workout which made me laugh. It must have been someone that was upstairs. LOL!! Love the music in this too.

Like Belinda, I cancelled my preorder as well. I think if I want Cathe's new workouts I'll just do her On Demand, although I can't believe how much it is per month. If you can cancel at any time without issues, I may just join it for a month here and there to do some of the newer workouts. Anyone know how that works?

Belinda - I really wanted to do the leg workout today, so bummed I couldn't, it looks like a fun one. Have fun on your trip!! Be safe! I also cancelled my preorder.

Jolie - So did you find time to look at the On Demand workouts? Which ones did you like? Les Mills, Kelly, Cathe, Beach Body? So many out there. Glad you are resting, hope you are feeling better today. I really like the instructor for the LIIFT4 series. He's good. And the people that are doing the workouts, a couple of them have amazing physiques. Ashley is one and Josh (I think that's his name) is another. OMG, the muscle on those two!

Roxie - I remember when you had a trainer a while ago, I know you liked that. Hope you can do it again!!

Diane - I hope your traps and neck are ok after that workout yesterday, be careful! Hope you can get a workout in today!!

Roselyn - Can't you get BB on demand for free or for a discount since you are a coach? There are a couple other workouts on there that Sagi does, I am going to look at those when I'm done with LIIFT4.

Have great workouts and a great weekend! Tomorrow is craft show day. Me and my cousins will go to many of them and I can't wait!!!

Good Morning,

I don’t work until 12 so I did a StudioSweat Spin from Nov 27 2014 with Mike 31 minutes 9.0 miles 364 calories burned. Really need to get out of cardio mode and into weight mode. I just really can’t decide on the trainer they are so expensive but they also do nutrition and online training.

Debbie-take it easy on those legs hopefully they will loosen up soon.

I'm back to working out and I feel great and had great workout!!! I did Cathe Live Upper Body Sculpting and boy was it good. I did however change some of the band exercises and pushups to other exercises with DB's because of my shoulder injury ect. Workout was 1 hour and I burned 449 calories! I did add a couple exercise at the end instead of doing supermans and ABS. Each Giant Set was 2 times around. I just don't want to strain that hard doing abs because of the stiches in my mouth. This was filmed on 7/3/14.

$9.99 is all it costs per month for Cathe Live. I don't get the on demand because that is Cathe Live with all of her dvds which I basically own already. You can cancel at any time too!

Warm Up with DB's
Seated Overhead Press Alt. and 2 arm pattern- 15's x 16, x 16
Rear Flies- 10's x 10, x 10, x 10 ( 10 second rest )
Lateral Raise to Front Raises different patterns- 8's x A lot! x same Wow!
Shoulder Circles- 5's x too many to count
Green Band- pull outs x 100!

1 Arm Rows- 20's x 16, x 16
Wide Grip Pull Downs- 50# x 16, x 165
Pullovers- 24# x 16, x 16

Chest Flies- 15's x 16, x 16
Chest Press- 20's x 16, x 16
Close Grip Chest Press- 15's x 16, x 16

Lying triceps ext- 10's x 16, x 16
Lying Triceps Ext.- ( one full, 2 half way, one full ) 10's x 4 rounds!
Cross Body Ext.- 10# x 16, x 16
2 Arm KickBacks- 8's x 16, x 16

Bicep Curls- 15's x 16, x 16
W Curls- 12's x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls- 15's x 16, x 16
Hammer Curls with a twist- 12's x 16, x 16

Rear Flies- 5's x 16, x 16
DB squats to a should press- 8's x 16, x 16
Dead Lifts- 35# x 16, x 16

I'm dead!!! :)

Debbie, I am going to look this weekend about all of the On Demand workouts and decide what to do for the new year. I am going to do Cathe Live for December because the workouts are tough and I get a good calorie burn. I do love Les Mills so I might get that for cardio. I will let you know what I find out!!!

Diane Sue, I didn't even know there were white sweet potatoes. Great workout today that was incredible. I might make beef stew this weekend with a lot of veggies. It is colder here now so that sounds like good comfort food that the whole family will eat.

Roxie, I wouldn't spend the money on a trainer. We are all here to motivate you and you can get everything a trainer can teach you on line, probably better. I will try my best to motivate you because I need to get on it myself!!!!

Belinda, I hope you get your workout in today!

Roselyn, have a nice workout today!

I think I might try to go Christmas Shopping today.... Happy Holidays

Jolie-it has more to do with finding what workouts would best work for me and what type of diet I should be on more than motivation.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.