Hardcore Fitness Maniacs Hotties March 10th

FOODS FOR TODAY:

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries & banana (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Fudge BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. Naturally More PB
M3: Zucchini Lasagna; Orange
M4: Chocolate Pro Pudding w/ 1/4 c. oats
M5: Chicken stew; salad w/Lite Vadalia dressing; Zone bar

M6 may be optional today. Chicken stew is 3 cups. I don't think I can eat 3 cups in one sitting. So I may eat half w/M5 and the other half around 8. We'll see.

1741.5 calories
40 g. fat - 21%
166 g. protein - 38%
186 g. carbs - 43%

Linda - Is it a machine exercise? If so, that's why I've never heard of it before. I can't even wrap my mind around how you would do it. If you find out, let me know. Sounds interesting.

Those cadbury eggs are the tiny chocolate ones in the purple bags..they are completely chocolate..there is no icky gross stuff in the middle. lol. I hate that kind too.

Thanks on the squats, but I have dropped 50+ pounds on them as I was up to 225 once. I don't want to risk anymore problems so I will keep the squats at or around 150 now.

Hello all - I did legs today

leg extensions - 40# 10/10/10/10
leg curl - 30# 10/10/10/10
Bulgarian Split Squat - 30# DBs - 10/10/10/10
Static Lunges - 30# DBs 10/10/10/10

abs - reverse curls and ab board.

Linda - Is it a machine exercise? If so, that's why I've never heard of it before. I can't even wrap my mind around how you would do it. If you find out, let me know. Sounds interesting.

Debbie - That's just it. This whole rotation is done with Dumbbells, it's even listed in the name of this stupid exercise, which is what has me so baffled?:confused:

Those cadbury eggs are the tiny chocolate ones in the purple bags..they are completely chocolate..there is no icky gross stuff in the middle. lol. I hate that kind too.

Thanks on the squats, but I have dropped 50+ pounds on them as I was up to 225 once. I don't want to risk anymore problems so I will keep the squats at or around 150 now.

Char - Glad to hear it's the solid chocolate ones and not the others. I hate the other kind like everyone else, just didn't want to keep saying they were gross.:p Oh, okay now really blow us away and tell us that 150# is going light for you. Your one tough chick!

Ally - I haven't forgotten about you and the article. I will get it to you!

Linda - I believe that you do this move hinged at the hip - like a bent over lateral raise - but instead of raising your arms to the side - you pull them straight out in front of you - (almost like a bent over front raise) and you can really feel this in your lats. You will probably will have to reduce weight significantly because it isolates that muscle. I have done this move with a med ball - only 8 #s. But I am wimp compared to you all!

Hope this helps. Go to Joe Weider's site and search on it.

Linda - I believe that you do this move hinged at the hip - like a bent over lateral raise - but instead of raising your arms to the side - you pull them straight out in front of you - (almost like a bent over front raise) and you can really feel this in your lats. You will probably will have to reduce weight significantly because it isolates that muscle. I have done this move with a med ball - only 8 #s. But I am wimp compared to you all!

Hope this helps. Go to Joe Weider's site and search on it.

Ally - What site are you referring to? Your description is good except the term pull is used and not raise. When I did them I did them hinged like you said but hung my arms and pulled them up (straight) back towards my hips until parallel with my back.

Hey Maniacs!!!

I finished the I-Cycle #9 (levels 1-10) did it twice. My legs are so fried!!!! OOOWWEEE

STATS:
Burned 720 cals
80 mins
Traveled 7mi
Levels 1-10 on elliptical (forward and reverse entire time..like the reverse better);)

EATS for the day:

Meal 1: 3 eggs scrambled, whole grain english muffin, yogurt
Meal 2: Protein Bar
Meal 3: Tuna Fish mixed with Italian Dressing (tsp), sweet potatoe and salad
Meal 4: Protein Shake
Meal 5: Roast Beef and Salad

Linda, the only bent over straight arm lat pulls I have seen are done on a machine with a cable. None are with dumbbells. The only thing I could think of is that you would have the dumbbells held straight out in front of you and pull them back to your hips. That is still not the motion I have seen using cables.

DianeSue - That is all I can come up too. But I know Cathe does that move in one of her workouts as a rear delt exercise.:confused: So I thought maybe there is something different with this one. I finally email the magazine and am waiting to see what they say.

Unfortunately, I took the kids roller skating tonight and I got tripped.At this point I think I may have really screwed up my left hand and left knee. It will be interesting to see what morning brings.:confused:

I had a cadbury egg this weekend. It was pretty good. The filling stuff is acceptable, but the thing about it is, it's enclosed in chocolate. Chocolate. So Cadbury eggs are yummy.

Tonight's workout was chest and back from Amy's Slo-Mo, and then the seated portion of Tracey's Yoga Solutions.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.