Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for week of 7/15

My goal today was just to get some sort of cardio in. I woke up with a headache and really didn't feel like doing much. I decided to do some of Press Play and not give it my all, just get some of it done. Well, ended up I did the entire workout and had a killer calorie burn. I'm very happy with this and love when this happens! I was a sweaty mess when I got done.

CARDIO STATS:
1 hr. 10 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
20 minutes in zone
46 minutes above zone
609 calories burned
4 miles traveled

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I'm gonna ride my bike to Kohl's and get some shirts for my mom for her birthday. I have a 30% discount thing. She needs new clothes, poor woman. That is one thing she never treats herself to is new clothes. I hope I can find some cute tops there. Sometimes Kohl's doesn't have that great of stuff unless your 15 years old.

Today I did Pyramid Lower Body but only did the standing work and the calf raises. I don't care much for the floor work, most of it hurts my knees. I had a good workout but should have gone a bit heavier.

All reps are 12/10/8/10/12

Leg Press Station - 135/145/155/145/135#
(Cathe does Step Ups and I hate those)

Static Lunges - 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's

Squats/Plies - 35/40/45/40/35#

Deadlifts - 35/40/45/40/35#

Calf Raises - a million reps

Cathe does all the standing work except the deadlifts with a bar over her shoulder. I remember doing that way back when but couldn't even imagine doing that now. Just doing the squats/plies like that about killed my shoulders. I use dumbbells when I can, I don't like the bar over my neck anymore.

Roselyn - I did actually find some cute stuff there yesterdays. They had a killer sale and I had a 30% off thing. I also received $10 cash back but I never seem to use those because they expire so soon. I should go use it, though!

Hey Guys :)

Yesterday, I went to Forest Hill Park I did a run/walk maybe 3 miles. This was the first time in months working out. I was drenched when I got home tho, lol. This morning, I laid there to sleepy to get up :eek: Tonight, I’m going to stretch and go for another walk/run. See you guys tomorrow.

Today I did Body Beast Legs, 41 min, 303 calories. I followed with Turbo Fire 45EZ, which is never easy, 44min. 414 cal. max hr. 170 which is great for me. Total time was 85 min and calories burned 717.

Debbie, I miss Kohl's. That is so nice of you to buy your Mom some blouses. On the Pyramid lower body workout I use dumbbells held to the side for part of it. If I hold a barbell on my shoulders constantly like that my neck starts hurting.

Teddy, nice job getting back out there and running.

Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Coach #1. Short, sweet and intense. I did well with it. Then I did some stretching.

CARDIO STATS:
39 minutes total
4 minutes below zone
16 minutes in zone
21 minutes below zone
338 calories burned
2.25 miles traveled

I made a mix with Candace's two workouts and I plan on doing that one on Friday. I can't wait!

Diane Sue - Do you not have Kohl's by you? I did find some cute stuff there.

Today I did Body Beast Bulk week 3 Arms, 37 min, 205 cal.. I then did X train Ride doing the warm up and songs 2-6 and stretch, 37 min, 307 cal. . I finished off with Turbo Fire Abs 10 and stretch 10, 24 min. , 86 cal.. Total time was 98 min and calories burned 598.

Debbie, when I want to go to Kohl's I go when I am visiting my family. That is a 2 hour drive 1 way. There might be one in Stillwater Oklahoma which is about 45 minutes away. That is where OSU is at.

Today I did Pyramid Upper Body and had a good workout. I was a little worried about this one doing the whole thing but I took breaks when I needed and went really light.

All reps are 12/10/8/10/12

Chest Flyes/Chest Press - 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's

Pullovers/Double Arm Rows - 10's/12's/15's/12's/10's

Bent Over Lateral Raise/Lateral Raise/Front Raise - 1's/3's/5's/3's/1's

Kickbacks/Overhead Extension - 1's/3's/5's/3's/1's (for Kickbacks) 10/12/15/12/10# (for Overhead Extensions)

Hammer Curl/Traditional Curls - 8's/10's/12's/10's/8's

Bicep work is a killer no matter what weights you use. I know I'll be feeling that one tomorrow.

I did most of the Ab work but stopped at the inverted pikes. No thank you, not yet anyways.

Today I did Intensity followed by Les Mills Pump Flow. Total time was 78 minutes and calories burned 615.

Today was cardio and I did the Candace mix I made this week. I had a great workout but this one is long. I thought it was 54 minutes but it turned out to be 62 minutes, but that's ok. It was awesome and I did really well with it. I ran 2 miles within the first half hour of this workout. I actually thought my treadmill was keeping track incorrectly, but it seems like it's just fine. I still don't believe I did that.

I mixed Candace's Run Fit workout with her Cardio Coach #6 workout, this is what the workout consisted of:

CC #6 - Warmup - 5:30 minutes
CC #6 - Steady State - 3:30 minutes
CC #6 - Challenge 1: 5 – 1 minute level 3 sprints; 1 minute rest
RF - Recovery & Steady State – 10 minutes
RF - Challenge 2: 3 – 2 minute tempo runs, 2 minute rest
CC #6 - Steady State – 3 minutes
CC #6 - Challenge 4: 3 – 2 minute level 2 & 3 hill climb, 1 minute level 4 sprint; 2 minute rest
RF - Cool down – 6 minutes

It was fun!

CARDIO STATS:
66 minutes total
5 minutes below zone
24 minutes in zone
39 minutes above zone
564 calories burned
3.8 miles traveled

Wanted to get to 4 miles but I'm happy with 3.8.

Teddygirl - Where are you? You show up for one day then you disappear again. Get in here and get consistent with your workouts! I know you can do it!

My workout today started with 19 min. Jog on the treadmill 1.25 miles, 154 cal.. I followed with Beast Bulk Back adding a few of the hanging 8's and one set of the sword move(which sort of did not feel good)for my shoulder then adjusting some exercises. I did the tubing option instead of the pull ups and all of the moves I went lighter on. I probably didn't need to on the deadlifts but I was trying to be careful. This was 35 min, 223 cal.. I then did Cathe's ride Express workout #3 which started with song 6 where I left off a couple of days ago. This was 36 min, 332 calories and 8.3 miles. Total time was 90 minutes and calories burned 709.
My right shoulder has been hurting since chest on Monday. I am pretty sure went to heavy on the flies.

Debbie, that looks like a nice treadmill mix. I finally used mine for a bit today. It has been collecting some dust.

Teddy, Debbie is right, you need to get back in here.

This morning I did Les Mills Pump Step, 32 min., 296 cal.. I then did Body Beast Abs, 11 min, 75 cal.. I finished with Cathe's Yoga Max 48 min, 229 cal.. Total time was 91 min and calories burned 600.

Msperkey, I loved Beast. I have been through the whole rotation and added to it, then have added it in here and there. This time I did 2 weeks of Build and am on my third week of Bulk. I switched to Bulk because it is less time consuming. These are different from STS. You have single sets, supersets, giant sets(in build), multi sets, force sets, progressives sets, combo sets. Then if you get the tempos there are tempo sets. You also get circuit sets in Lucky 7 if you get that one and Total Body. They give you the option of Total Body during Build phase instead of Cardio Beast. Cardio Beast is more intense with cardio and does add in some weight work. You also do a second workout of a certain bodypart through the Build phase and have the option of using Tempo for that. The Beast phase which is the third phase alternates build and bulk. I hope I explained Beast enough so you can see the differences. I love both :D
Edited to add that I gained quite a bit of obvious muscle.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.