Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Tues March 6

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

Darn....I overslept. Didn't hear my alarm go off. Since my DH will be out of the basement soon, I'm going to go down and do a Barry's Treadmill workout and then maybe some Bosu cardio and yoga. I'll be back later.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

I woke up with a sore butt this morning and legs, but especially BUTT. Had weird dreams that a vein was taken from my arm and put into my leg. It is your fault, Bionics! All this talk of doctors and shoulders and what not. lol

So anyhoo, not sure what I am doing today. I am not in the mood to be around FIL. I feel agitated. There was another home that has been up for sale for some time that FIL has known about, ONCE AGAIN and FIL waits until the sign comes down and then knocks on door and makes them a offer. They haven't given him a answer yet. We look at more homes on the internet with dh...beautiful new home...yard is slightly sloped...says it is no good...WTH? O.k., I am done. Moving right along now.......

Charlotte~~

This morning was legs so I decided to do the lower body premix of Super Sets and the lower body premix of Push Pull. Awesome workout, my legs are still shaking. This is what I did:

Super Sets:
Squats: 55#
Elevated Deadlifts: 24#
Plie Squats: 55#
One Legged Squats: 12#

Squats: 45#
Elevated Deadlifts: 24#
Plie Squats: 45#
One Legged Squats: 12#

Push/Pull:
Deadlifts: 24#
Skipped the deads, low back was feeling these

Static Lunges: 12's
Leg Press: 10's
Static Lunges: 12's
Leg Press: 10's

Leg extensions on the stability ball
Inner Thigh Ball Squeeze
(only did this once, I was dying by this time.)

Calf Raises & stretch

Hope you all have a great workout!

I'm back. I ended up doing Barry's Bootcamp Treadmill Cardio from the Chest & Abs DVD. They did the incline hills again and I did it a couple times but they changed so much that I got sick of stopping and adjusting it (since it's not automatic). I started doing speed drills instead. I repeated part of it to make it a 40 minute session and then I came upstairs and did TurboJam Cardio Party Remix (25") for a total of 75 minutes of cardio. I burned 503 calories. I then did a stretch from a Cathe DVD and the Five Tibetans from Hot Body Cool Mind with J. Kries. I also did Shiva Rea's Solar Flow DVD ....own practice from the matrix (45").

I'm frustrated cuz my legs still don't look good and I'm wondering if all of this weight work is not good for my body type. I saw on the OD Forum that someone tried Fluidity and never had better leg results. It's $200 and there's NO WAY I can afford to try it. I'm wondering if I should try using some of my IBallet's and Lotte Berk's for my legs for a couple of weeks and see if they get better! I hate working out so hard and still not looking as good as I'd like to look. Errrrrrr!! Rant over.

Toasty - Listened to Moon Baby this morning. I liked it. Godsmack isn't one of my favorite bands, but I did like the song. That's funny that it reminds you of me with my Lunars. Sorry about your FIL getting on your nerves. My DH can relate.......as he's sick of me being home and not having a job! Heck, I'm sick of being home and not having a job (well, not really.......but I know I need to get on with life and get a job so we have more income).

Diane Sue -are you okay? We didn't even hear from you yesterday. I'm worried about you.

Have great workouts......gotta fly. I've got to do some running around. Amazing how busy I'm staying while I'm not working!

Good Morning!!!

I was reading through some of the posts from yesterday. I think we all have the same taste in music. The other day I heard Echo by Trapt and loved it!!!! (I have heard it before, but never knew the name of the band.)

This morning I did Imax 2 and added some pushups....my ultimate weakness!! I love Imax2 though. I haven't done it in awhile so I had fun.

BB was fun last night! After the game, ds said, "mom, that was really good exercise!"
The only bad part was dh's ex girlfriend. (Her kids are the same age as mine.) Anyway, she shows up and of all the places to sit in that whole gym, she sits right next to me....weird, huh? Thank goodness ds's 2nd game was on the other side of the gym. Dh was helping the coach so the kids and I went to the other side of the gym. The good part (I know this is evil and I should not wish fat upon anyone, but.....) she looked like a butterball with legs. }(

Better go....dd is pulling on my shirt demanding something!

Sara

Good Morning, yesterday I did get in a workout. I had to push through it. I was hoping getting moving again would help me feel better. I am feeling better this morning. Yesterday I did MIC w/up and hi/lo then the M&F Hers phase 3 of my rotation went back and finished off MIC step and str, then my eoin finn dvd came so I did the 30 min yoga quickie. I spent yesterday sewing on my grandson's costume for his school play Thurs.. They are supposed to have a dress rehearsal. I would have had it done sooner if I had not been sick.

Charlotte, it's a good thing you have a place to vent about your fil. I sure hope he chooses a house soon.

Hi to everyone

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Lora,

Glad you liked it. THought you would. Have you listened to Voodoo yet? I personally think you do need to add in more protein in your diet and I bet you will start noticing then. You do everything else really good and you burn alot of cals, but it is not enough if you eat too many carbs and not drink enough water. JMHO...don't smack me! lol.

Debbie,

Fantastic workout as usual. Cathe can really make the legs sore and shaky. Always happens to me and I end up stumbling around for a few minutes.

Did anyone watch Oprah yesterday on Aging? I thought it was interesting, but didn't agree with everything said. For one, someone on the show mentioned about ladies not wearing bikini's after they are 36. I think I look better in a bikini then I did 10 years ago. I think this is filling people's head with garbage and makes me mad to hear this go out into the world. Like there is a deadline for certain things when there should not be. There is no deadline for me. If I look good in a bikini when I am 70 then I will still be wearing one. I think if one is focused on aging so much, they WILL age more.

Hi everyone. So far, I have completed Hip Hugger Abs. There are some really good isolation moves in it. I liked it. Going to wait and see if I feel it later. I will do more as the day goes on. Squeeze it in when I can.

Char- your comments yesterday made me smile! Thank you. Did you notice the jeans I had on were yours? They are really getting to big already! Thank you.

DS- glad you are feeling better

Sara- LOL!!

Deb- great job! WOw!

Lora- I think some unweighted work should help your legs too. And protien. It did wonders for me! Thanks agian for the WO's. I am wearing Helle's Belle today! Like it alot! Of course Fire eater is my favorite. I really liked Wolf Moon, but am out. There are so many that I like. Hard to choose what to wear. I usually wear 4 different ones at once LOL! I like to put a tiny bit in my hair so people get a nice scent as I walk by! LOL!!

Hello to everyone else!!

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics 12/1/06
December and Christmas Albums

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Meg,

Yes I noticed. ;-) Snow Moon smells very close to Wolf Moon too. I am wearing Van Van today. I feel like I need some *power* in my life lately. I usually wear 2 scents at once too. Nice workout. I need to workout. Not motivated today. I feel like putting my fist thru the wall instead. Oh well...no need to bring anyone else down...I guess I got to get going.

Charlotte~~

Afternoon Maniacs! This morning I did NROL Fatloss-1 workout-B. There are 2 workouts, A and B. I'll be doing 3 a week alternating. Will do the workouts 6 times each, before moving on to Fatloss-2.

Had a good workout. Here's what I did. 75 sec. rest between sets.

*Superset
Deadlift 3x15x47
DB incline bench press 3x15x15
*Superset
Bulgarian split squat 3x15x12 (these were hard)
Mix grip lat pull-down 3x15x60
*Superset
Romanian deadlift 3x15x47
Swiss ball lateral roll 3x15xbw

Followed by 10 min. Treadmill run. 7 min. HIIT at 4mph and 6 mph
Followed by some of Yoga Shatki's backbend poses.

Workout was 1 hr. 12 min. My legs were fried after the HIIT! Listened to "Dire Straits" today.

Gotta go make lunch.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Got lunch made...grilled Salmon and salad.:9

Char-You and your crazy dreams...I plead innocent.}( Have you manage to avoid FIL today? I can just imagine your frustration. I'm very picky with my alone time and wouldn't want someone (besides Dh and kids)in my house all day. Are you getting in a Kick @ss workout to get the edge off?}(

Debbie- Great workout! Looks like a leg burner for sure!

Lora- You asked the other day if I thought NROL would work with DVD's. I really don't think it would work that easy. I would think the "great in 8' would work better for you.

Sara- I love Imax 2 also.:) That is weird that DH ex girl friend sits right next to you. I'd hate that! I also happy she's a butterball with legs.}( We are both bad! LOL!

Diane Sue- Glad you are feeling alittle better. How did you like Eoin's workout?

Meg- Were you really wearing Char's jeans in that picture? Is it the picture by the Fire truck? I think you look great in that picture.:)

Jen- Hope you have a good workout later.

Where are Suz and Amber and Randi?

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/sports/barbell.gif ~Dallys~

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Bionics,

LOL! My kicking workout was coremax 2 and that is it for today. I am just not feeling it..emotionally drained for now. I am sure tomorrow I will be better. My spirits...well, they got up and left me for now. lol. BTW, you had a very good workout! Nicely done!

On a brighter note, did you all know that Seether is coming out with a new album in August?????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cool.........New Seether !!!!! YAY!!! I hope Shaun got clean and is doing well.

Diane Sue - Yes, how did you like Eion's DVD? Did you see his little doggie on the mini yoga mat yet? It's a trip.

Dallys- thanks for your advice on the rotation. I'm still trying to decide if I want to do Barry's Bootcamp or Great in 8. I'm so freakin' indecisive.

Meg & Deb - GH looked boring today......only caught bits and pieces of it...but it appeared to only be about Alan's Memorial Service. I like when they have more variety going on. We really got spoiled from the wild story to this!

I can't decide what workout I should do tomorrow. I'm debating over Cardio & Weights, Drill Max, or Mindy's new All Systems Go and whether I should add some Lotte Berk or something different on. Such decisions. I know I really worked out hard today on that Treadmill today with intervals....so not sure if I should do another intense interval today. Aren't you supposed to put a day in between with a less intense workout? or do we not do that on this thread?

Dallys- yup! Char mailed them to me a while ago. They are my favorite jeans, but they are getting to big. I even thru them in the dryer a few times. Thanks Goodness for belts!

Char- good for you for doing any WO! You will be better tomorrow. Can't wait to check out that album!

Lora- yeah, it wasn't to interesting. Just some cool clips of Alan back in the day. Lulu did find out that Scott killed Rick Webber.

My niece just left, and I have to brave the fridgid weather to feed the horses, and then I hope to do a WO.

Maeghan AKA megadoo

Added pics to NYC GTG and Christmas Albums 3/6/07

http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=megadoo2&x=15&y=7

Hi ladies! Tonight's WO was supposed to be CTX Leaner Legs but I don't have that one, so I subbed Perfectly Fit Legs. I followed that with the floorwork/bandwork from Gym Style Legs and used the purple band. Perfectly Fit Legs is an intermediate (and older) WO, so to increase the intensity, I used a 9 lb body bar for lunges and squat combos and wore 5 lbs ankle weights during the calf raises, hamstring curls and a never-ending set of leg lifts for inner and outer thighs. Believe it or not, this took my mind off of how totally fried my biceps were today (Deb!!!! }( )..but just until the WO was over and then I was reminded again. ;)

Char-I agree with you on the bikini issue after 36. The stuff people worry about just floors me. I don't even look great enough (yet) to sport one, but if I did-I certainly think it's total crap that I shouldn't because I am 36. I've seen seniors that look great in bikinis and if they don't SO WHAT-I admire their spunk and spirit!

Diane Sue-Glad you are starting to feel better! :)

Dallys & Sara-}( }( Too funny today!

As usual-past my bedtime...sleep tight everyone!

Jen

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.