Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday May 15

Forgot to ask you all -

what do ou think?

Monday was the first serious workout I did since vacation and I lifted quite heavy - with the 14 lb vest and the 60 lb barbell - all leg work. My legs aren't even sore? What is the deal? Suggestion?

Vilma - I use BSN with my hot oats because the flavor is so much better then the ON whey. The ON whey I use is all natural with no sweeteners or sugar in it so the taste is kind of bland. I use it with my protein drinks with fruit to sweeten it up before and after my workouts. I use ON because I try to stay away from artificial sweeteners and I know BSN has splenda in it or something similar. But I still love that stuff and put it in my oats every day. So I guess to answer your question, VARIETY! :)

Ally - I have no idea why you weren't sore. That happened to me last week with leg day. It was weird.

Ahhh Variety is the spice of life eh? lol
Thanks for answering.

I tried cinnamon roll BSN in my oatmeal this am and it was yummy - better than my other whey protein which ends up tasting quite nasty actually acidic ew in my hot oats.

Thanks Debbie. I tried your oat mixture this morning as a pre-workout drink. I hate to say it, but I generally don't eat before I work out. anyway, I put 1/4 oats with hot water and BSN in the magic bullet and it came out like a drink. What did I do wrong there? more oats? Less water?

I went to the store and got some Bio Chem caramel swirl protein powder:9 Then when I picked up the grandchildren I took the Nike HR monitor back and got the Polar F11. It cost me more but I think it will be better. Got my settings in it now need to figure out how to use it:) The other left me with a rash where it rubbed on the skin. This has a small transmitter and nice soft strap.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Diane Sue - hope this monitor doesn't make you do 2 hours of cardio tomorrow! Let me know how you end up liking the caramel swirl. It sounds delish.

Ally - sent you an email and PM. If I did the diet on Warp Speed, I'd probably pass out from starvation, but I'm sure it would make me lose tons of weight. I don't know if I could ever go that low carb since I'm a vegetarian and a picky one at that. ETA: Oh and the diet says ...absolutely no cheat days for the full 28 days.....no birthday cake ....no social alcohol, etc.....and what does my DH request from the store today??? cupcakes....and they are staring at me. Maybe one bite won't hurt? Oh....and if you start the workout without reading anything....just know that for the 10 minute circuits you ARE TO LIFT AS HEAVY as possible and do as MANY sets of 6 reps you can in the entire time with no breaks......he says to push...push.....push and try not to have to lighten up the weight. I have a feeling an animalistic workout is coming up tomorrow.(and I'm still sore from the other day)..as I'm gonna try this ....cuz last time I took a breather here and there. Believe me, it's tougher than it sounds....10" is long!! Alywn is hardcore when it comes to committment. I read on his blog once before about cheating and eating garbage and he says it's just not worth it! I say....what reason would there be to live without occasional chocolate????

Thanks for the good luck vibes about the jobs.....but I'm feeling really "shot down" right now, as one interview for next week was canceled, the Dental job interview didn't go well cuz they told me the last place the Temp Agency sent them sucked (basically) and the only hope is Nissan....but he said the hours are 8-6......and that's 10 freakin' hours a day!! Maybe he was wrong cuz he said the second interview would be with the Office Manager. I think he liked me though....cuz towards the end of the interview, he said "can I give you a bit of advice?"........"you should really loosen up at interviews and not be so nervous cuz you have a great personality, but it doesn't come thru until you loosen up".. Needless to say.....we got off track somehow and he got me chatting about some of my passions...i.e working out......the dessert in the Summer (as he was from Phoenix). I take that as a "good thing", right?

Finished my shoulder workout.

Upright Rows with 20# db's 3/8 (know this is low in weight, but feel like my form is better for it)

Front Lateral Raises with 15's 3/8

Overhead Presses with 25's 3/8

Arnold Presses with 25's 3/8 (went down in weights, but on purpose cuz I feel like I am not making it to the end with 27.5's as well and I didn't want to go down in weight so stuck with something I could manage from beginning to end)

Lora,

Hope all works out for you in the end and you get just what you want.
BTW, I just sampled BPAL's 13 today. It is fantastic!!!! Love it. I got TePo too and not sure about that one yet.

Toasty - want to join the Warp Speed Fat Loss party?? or are you already shredded and don't need to lose any more weight. Which 13 ....purple label, orange label or pink label? Pink label is my favorite........mmmmmm. Thanks for being there for me thru this tough time. It's not like I haven't dragged you ladies into this every other time, I lose my job. I feel an animalistic workout coming on the way I feel!

Thanks Lora. The interview sounds good.

question - heavy as possible and as many sets of 6 reps with no rest - so after one set you immediately start the next? Like one big long giant 10" set?

Ally - actually - the 10" minute circuits follow the strength set and they are usually supersets, i.e., Circuit A -
A1 - pushups to prone jacknife combo (feet on stability ball)
A2 - Reverse Lunge to cable row combo (or reverse lunge with one offset dumbell) **perform these back to back ....6-8 sets prone jack/push combo immediately followed by 6-8 sets of Reverse lunge, cable row and go contiuous for 10". That is the metabolic circuit. You do a strength segment before this. The workouts gradually increase in intensity.....oh and you do a short interval cardio after the above description, but on strength/metabolic days...the intervals are shorter.....i.e 30 seconds hard, 60 easy, etc. Check your email ......let me know if you need more info.

Lora,

I have to check the label again. Didn't realize there were different ones. Thanks, but I got my own party going on and still trying to build muscle. Currently if I keep going, none of my jeans are gonna fit me in the thigh area anymore. Love it..gonna need wider leg jeans. Just kinda liking what I am doing now, but thanks anyhoo.

And everyone has to vent at times. Right now, wish everyone here at home would stop asking me where stuff is...hard to get time to sit down for 2 mins. Geez. lol

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.