Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday March 13

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did CIA's Criss Cross Cardio kickboxing workout. Workout ws 49" and I only burned 330 calories. I had a really hard time elevating my HR and felt like I was dragging this morning. Not sure if the time change is getting to me or what!

Have great workouts everyone.

CHeck out this blue polish......new Spring colour......it's one of the best blue's I've seen. Must order !!

http://www.alllacqueredup.com/2008/03/china-glaze-spring-2008-ecollection.html

Morning ladies, i got my arse out of bed again. Time change is still bugging me. I know it won't happen tonite so i have to get it in..

Heading down for a cardio session..

Ok i did 35 min 3 min walk and 1 min run. Tough. I have lost alot. I am soaked. Gonna try to do it again tonite if i have the energy when i get home..Probably not...Never know.
Well, have great workouts gals. I am slowly coming back. No big muscle aches , wonder why.LOL..
Gonna start pushing the weights a bit higher next week. Going on 6 weeks here so. Wish me luck..'
I figure a little more each day...

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Today is Upperbody Plus and ab work. Dh has given me his cold! GOSH DAMN IT! I am gonna have to pull a rabbit out of the hat when doing pullups today so if I think this then I will. LOL!

Anne,

I sent you email. Takes time...you'll be back 100% soon.

Lora,

Great workout..good burn.

Dh and I are going to Savannah GA for 4th honeymoon in May.

I started my workout this morning with Turbo Jam Fat Blaster(no str), then I did Amy Bento's Kickbox Extreme Quick premix adding the bonus bag two times before I did the stretch. I wanted to do Kimberly Spreens Absolute KB Combat segment but ran out of time. When I get back from school I will do that and Yoga.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Good morning all - Ally here

I did the upper body pyramid today. By the time I get to the abs portion, my arms tired and I have trouble to the pikes on the ball. Any ideas?

Anyway, feeling good. It is going to be sunny and 70 today in Nashville. I may go for a walk around town on lunch.

Have a great one!

Today was cardio and I chose Cardio Coach #4. I still think this one is the hardest. I had an excellent workout, though. I really wanted to do cardio today for some strange reason. :huh:

Then I did the ad work from 4DS Kickbox. I love that one. Short and sweet and intense.

[font color=indigo]Cardio Only Stats:[/font]

[font color=blue]47 minutes
37 minutes in zone
288 calories burned
2.8 miles travelled
[/font]

Lora - I love China Glaze polish. They have some awesome colors.

Char - Hope you don't get too sick. That sucks.

Ally - The ab work in PUB is the toughest, I think, of all of Cathe's ab workouts. I can't get through that workout to save my life. I suggest to do it BEFORE you do the weight workout next time you do it. That may help.

Ran 3.5 miles outside. Ran out of steam quickly as I still feel a bit congested. Wasn't easy pushing my son in the stroller today.

Char- Sorry to hear you're getting a cold. It sucks. Wow...Savannah?? You have to let me know how it is. Are ya gonna visit Paula Deen for some good ol' southern food? :)

Ally- For me, P90X was totally worth it. Problem is a lot of women do not care of P90X because 1. they think Tony is annoying (I LOVE him) 2. He doesn't really work legs much. I got good results using his legs/back but women feel it's not enough. It depends on the body. Tony gives you a lot of options whereas Cathe is more of do it my way or nothing. Tony gives you 30-60 seconds breaks which is more realistic than Cathe's dvds. If you're able to view clips on the website, you can see if you like him or not. I prefer him over Cathe big time. Everyone's different. :)

Linda- I sent you a PM. HOPEFULLY it went through. LOL

Everyone else, have a great day and have a great DOMS. :) Take care!

Lisa

Debbie, thanks for the tip. I was thinking about doing it after I got home, but who knows what the day will bring. I will try that next time. Thanks!!!

Have a great day.

Lisa - thanks for replying regarding the P90X. I have his other workout - which is a boot camp thing, the prequal to P90X. My main issue is with the Beach Body Website. I ordered that DVD and got 2 and of course charged twice. I then ordered the vitamins, which I really like, but they put me on auto ship and I have enough vitamins for a village.

Anyway, thanks for the tip. I think I would really like the plyo work out. I like intense cardio. I am also trying to get back into the swing after having surgery in February and having to take two weeks off completely.

Thanks again. I love Savannah. Grew up in Augusta. Moved to Seattle, now live in Nashville.

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut Candy Bar BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Turkey meatloaf; 2 tbsp. walnuts
M4: Plain yogurt w/ Banana Nut Bread BSN
M5: Potato Cod; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Chocolate Protein Pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1880.5 calories
51 g. fat - 25%
163 g. protein - 35%
194 g. carbs - 41%[/font]

Afternoon Maniacs,

Busy day of doctors and grocery shopping. DS still isn't doing to good, he feels better but lungs are still congested. DD is now sick too, has been sleeping most of yesterday and today! I just hope they don't share!

Anyway, this morning I did CC #3 for the first time and I repeated challenge 2 (two 3 minute level 3-4 hill climbs). So the workout was 48 minutes, traveled 4.01 miles, average HR 164, and 676 calories burned. (you know that calorie number may be wrong, but you just have to love that treadmill for trying to give you such positive feed back, I know it helps to motivate me. LOL!)

Looks like everyone has been working hard, nice job!

Lisa - I see I have a pm from you but I haven't read it yet. I'll get back to you.

Ally - I could never do the pikes straight trough after doing PUB, arms were just too fried. So your not alone.

Have a great evening! I have parent/teacher conferences!!!

Linda

Hello,

I'll probably post this again in the morning, because it's so late. Anyway, I did cardio tonight since I missed it last night. Debbie thanks for the support! I plan on doing my total body w/o tomorrow night. I really miss that I didn't do it tonight, now I'm not ready for the 3 sets of 18 YIKES! Oh, my workout tonight was walking at the park at a brisk pace with hubby, we did 3 miles. I've been in the office all day so it was so nice to get out doors!

Charlotte I hope you're not getting sick! Stay strong girl. Looks like you've been doing pretty good sticking to the P90X+ good for you!

Linda I hope your babes are better soon! I hate it when my grandson is sick. He has asthma. He's only 14 months old. I'm gonna have him tomorrow night, can't wait, nothing like being a grandma! My baby is 18 and will be 19 in May. I have 3 kids, the oldest being 26, then my other dd is 22. Love my kids!

Okay well I hope everyone has a great night!!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.