Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday July 3

lcobb2

Cathlete
Good Morning Maniacs!

What a great day. The heat finally broke! Yeah!!! I hate the heat. It's a little cooler, but very humid. I have to work very hard to sweat because of my conditioning when I lift, but I sweat a little this morning doing legs. Wow!

Before my client at the gym this morning, I did a premix (53 minutes) of KPC. It was okay, but not enough intensity so I added a ton of extra jumps and plyo kicks. After my client I did glutes/hams and all I can say is wow! I'm lifting heavier than ever. I love the feel of the iron in my hands and the lower reps. I'm already feeling my glutes so I know the DOMS will be killer.

5 sets Seated Leg Press: 15/8/9/8/9
5 Sets Sumo Squats: 10/10/10/11/10 (personal best)
4 Sets Deadlifts w/BB: 7/8/7/7 (personal best)
3 sets 1 leg press on gravitron machine: 8/10/10 (1 set personal best)
3 sets 1 leg cable lunge: 8/9/9
3 sets back extension (with plate)--focusing on glutes to lift: 10/10/10

On the last rep of each back extension per set I held the final rep for 10 seconds isometric. 2nd set, 15 seconds; 3rd set 20 seconds--holy cow!

Suz~you're too funny. Bananas are awesome! Anything is "fattening" if you eat too much of it. But, on their own, they have very little fat. I eat fast digesting carbs right after lifting. Usually for breakfast I have as soon as possible:

1/2 c oats & 1/2 c wheat bran
1 scoop vanilla protein pwdr
1 handful peanuts
1/4 c cottage cheese or yogurt
1 tsp. each wheat germ & ground flax seed

While I'm lifting I also drink a diluted protein shake. And have another later in the morning. I have a tough time keeping weight on as well because of my lifestyle with fitness and training clients, but it helps that I'm sitting at a desk all day.

I hope everyone had a great day!!!

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

Morning Maniacs -

This morning was WSFL cardio. I did 7 rounds of the intervals 60/60-90 on the REbounder and then did 20 minutes of Interval Party with Katina Hunter. Still couldn't get my HR up very high....still sluggish. Cardio was 57" and I burned 473 calories.

My WSFL rotation was actually supposed to stop a day ago....but I'm doing a few xtra to make up for the lower intensity days I've been experiencing lately.

Have great workouts everyone. Today's my late day at work. I don't start until 10:00 am so I made my hair cut appt this morning. Hope I can fit it all in without any trouble.

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Well my neck is still not too good, but better so I still need to do my upperbody workouts even still, but may go lighter with shoulder work to play it safe....so gonna do: Biceps/Triceps/Shoulders. I think I will start the day off by hanging out at the local pool for a few hours and then after "playtime"..get cookin' with the weights and then go off to work.

Great workouts so far, Laura and Lora!!!! Lora, hope your hair turns out good for you. I have had the same hairstyle for awhile now. lol.

Goodmorning ladies!!! Hopefully everyone is having great workouts today. Anyway I am currently doing a rotation now and will start a new one in august. I've been using all of cathe's dvd's for almost 3 years now and I want to venture out on my own. I want to do a 3 day split back/bi's, chest/tri's/shou, legs/abs and 4 days of cardio 30 min. I want to lift as heavy as I can so I guess my question is how many sets and reps should I be doing for each excercise? I also have a chin up bar at home. Thanks and have a great 4th of July.

Morning everyone!

Debbie / Lora / Linda maybe these are the "dog days of summer?"

I am wiped out also. No energy. I am looking forward to the 3 day weekend.

I finished my workout. I started with Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness back, legs and chest. I accidentally stopped my hr monitor when I only wanted to pause it to write the stuff down so I would have it in my notebook. So I started over. I went through the entire workout twice so I could get an idea of the calorie burn and feel of it without breaks to write it down. So I burned 224 calories the second time I did it. Total time I spent was 1 hr and I burned 389 calories. I used the low cardio recoveries. Then I did 4Day Split back and chest Rnd 1 and 4 1 arm row super set w/ push ups and incline pullover superset with incline press. Then I did 2x12reps superset Bowflex wide grip pulldowns with decline pushups. For legs I added 2x10reps superset squat calf raises with Bowflex leg extensions. I then did 4Day Split double cardio premix and repeated the final combined segment 3 more times and burned 605 calories. I really tried to put a lot into this one. Total calories burned was 1015.

Kelly's workout was like this: It is 2 sets on the workout. I did 4 on all but the first round which I did 5 because I started over LOL.
reverse fly 5x16 reps 15# dumbbells
lunge 5x8reps each leg total 16reps 20# db's
pushup into 1 arm plank 5x8 no weight
low cardio recovery after each set of 3 exercises done twice
dumbbell row 4x16 20# dumbbells
1 leg squat 4x28reps 20# dumbbells
pushups 4x8 reps
low cardio recovery same as before
lawn mowers 4x16reps 20#dumbbells
1 leg deadlift 2x8 reps on each leg total 16 reps 20# dumbbells
2nd time trough deadlift with a twist 2x8 on each side
divebomber pushups no weight 4x8reps(she called this nose,chest,hips)
4Day Split rnd1 supermans no weight
w/up set 1 arm rows 25#, 1arm rows 35#dumbbells 2x8 super set with pushups 1 set full and partial the other full,bottom,top
incline pullover 35# dumbbell 1x8 superset with incline press 25#db's 1x8
Bowflex wide grip pulldowns 2x12reps 180# resistance superset with
decline pushups 12 reps no weight
Squat into calf raise with 35# dumbbells superset with Bowflex leg extensions 220# resistance 2x10reps

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Suz, isn't one on one the new ones that you pay for a membership and you get new workouts throughout the year? I know I had an e mail or something about them. When I have felt the need for more energy I have eaten a baked sweet potato for lunch. It really did help. I am making hairbows right now and am getting ready to start some little girls ribbon jeans. I need to stick with one project LOL. I have partially done scrapbooks from dh's travels and work. I have partially finished paintings, and partially finished knitting:0

edited to add the link to one on one http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/tony_horton_one_on_one.do

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I'm off from work now until Monday! Woo Hoo! Feels great to be home, sleep in and workout when I'm ready. Had a great workout this morning and really worked these body parts well. Of course it's pouring rain here today.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
EZ Preacher Curls:
55# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Felt very strong on this exercise. Wrists are feeling pretty good lately.[/font]

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
22's - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***This really pumped my biceps up. I love when I can see the vein going up my biceps when I'm working them. That happened with this exercise.[/font]

Concentration Curls:20# - 12
22# - 12/12
[font color=blue]***Haven't done these in ages because of my wrist. Did well with them and probably should have used 25#. But I didn't want to push the wrist issue.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Close Grip Bench Press:
80# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Last set was a challenge.[/font]

Lying Barbell Extensions:
50# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***Concentrated on good range of motion here. Really felt it.[/font]

Weighted Bench Dips:
55# - 12/12/12
[font color=blue]***These burn. I love this exercise.[/font]

That is all...

Wonderwoman - I always workout on my own. I do different types of rotations every 8 weeks. Usually I follow a rotation from the men's Muscle & Fitness magazine. You'll get some great ideas from those mags.

Hey fitnessfreak I was wondering how come you never post your stats with weight workouts only cardio?? Just curious.

I worked upper body today. I am with you, Debbie, sleep in and work out when I want and no work until Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Roselyn

Diane Sue - Yup, that's the one. She was paying $20 a week for a personal trainer so she figures this will be cheap! :) I told her to go for it because you can't really lose with Tony. I just love him!

I'm going to buy some sweet potatoes. I really love them and that's a great idea. And they're so good for you. Sounds like you have some fun projects going on. I sure hate having unfinished projects. It makes me kind of nuts! :p

Suz

We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals. -- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804)

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Evening Maniacs! This morning I did the same shorty hill ride as yesterday, only I rode in harder gears and did my standing sprint home in 10 sec. intervals. My hr was in the 160's+ on the hill and in the lower 170's on the sprints home. Felt really good for another short ride. I've had little time this week as my VACASHeeeOOWN has officially started, as of today!!!!!!!(doing some major back flips, cartwheels, somersaults, happy dance here.) Going to go to Pebble Beach on Sunday and stay a whole week! My daughter and I worked our freaking A$$$'s off this week for extra moooola. We told ourselves, "if we ever see another dog again, it will be TO SOON!" (Of course our own dogs don't count and all the cuties we'll see in Carmel don't count either (major dog town).:);))

Suz- DD just bought the 10 min. trainers from Tony and says they are pretty good. His one-on-one's aren't out yet. HOw was your Sat. ride? You never gave us details. YOu know I like details!

Char- Hope your neck feels better soon. I hate when stuff like that gets in our way of working out. Have fun at the pool! I need to do something to blend in this adorable bikers tan I have. My hands are white and my arms are tan... Very attractive. But, that's nothing, compared to my bike shorts tan. That half-white-thigh thing ain't workin' for me. Know what I mean?;)

Everyone is doing great! Keep at it!

Later Crazies! Have a great 4th!!!! Going on 3 hr. canyon ride in the morning.}(}(

[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.