Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Thursday July 10

lorajc

Cathlete
This morning I did Katina Hunter's Interval Party 2. Yes, my first day of non-WSFL cardio. I think my body was getting too used to it. I struggled with 52" of cardio....especially doing the same DVD since I seem to have severe cardio ADD after WSFL. LOL. Workout was 53" and I burned 497 calories.

This was a pretty fun DVD. Mix of hi/lo with kickbox. The combos were challenging enough (coreographically) to keep you from being bored. I took the intensity up a bit here and there by adding jumps and plyo. Haven't done this much impact off the Rebounder for a while. I get afraid I'll get another stress fracture from all of this cardio....so I tend to use my Rebounder a lot to avoid that issue. I don't know what I'd do without it.

The interview yesterday was a total JOKE. Minimum wage to run the place and you have to work amongst smokers. That's only part of it! Very unprofessional place........it was a waste of time. I guess my only option is to pray about my current situation and hope it gets better and things "blow over".

Have great workouts everyone. Now I just need to figure out what workouts I want to do until my new Dove's get here. I might play around with NROL and some Valerie Waters Action Hero circuits, as well as some of my virgin DVDs and maybe even do a Functional Fitness week.

Deb - I always get Breaking Benjamin and mixed up with Evans Blue and Killswitch Engage. They sort of sound alike to me. I bought that latest Linkin Park but haven't really listened to it yet. I also just got Theory of a Deadman. I love that song Bad Girlfriend. Have you heard it yet? It's a cool song. Sorry about my Avon order stupidity. I look forward to getting the Mark catalog so I can find those lip glosses that are in flavors of marshmallow, etc. I love those.

Where has everyone been from this thread? It's dying!

ETA: Linda - yes - would you please forward that for me? thanks.

One more day of work and dh and I are travelling to my dad's on our motorcycles! Woo hoo! Looking forward to it. I'm taking Saturday as my rest day and I'll work Legs and Shoulders on Sunday. Tomorrow is cardio and abs.

Today I did Bi's and Tri's and had a major puke status workout. I didn't even feel like working out and then after I got started, OMG, I just went all out. I'm pleased with my weights and reps with this workout. Pyramid up again.

1 minute rest between each set

[font color=indigo]BICEPS[/font]
EZ Preacher Curls:
50# - 15
55# - 12
60# - 10
65# - 5 1/2
[font color=blue]***Last set was a true struggle. I really wanted to get to 8 reps but my bi's just quit working. LOL![/font]

Incline Dumbbell Curls:
20's - 15
22's - 12
25's - 10
27's - 6
[font color=blue]***Again, last set was a struggle. Bi's were FRIED![/font]

Concentration Curls:
17# - 15
20# - 12
22# - 10
25# - 8
[font color=blue]***Last set wasn't too bad, but had to really push to get to that 8th rep.[/font]

[font color=indigo]TRICEPS[/font]
Close Grip Bench Press:
75# - 15
80# - 12
85# - 10
90# - 7
[font color=blue]***Tri's were totally burning by the time I got done with these.[/font]

Lying Barbell Tricep Extensions:
40# - 15
45# - 12
50# - 10
55# - 8
[font color=blue]***Probably should have started with 45# with this pyramid and ended with 60# but got a great burn with this nonetheless.[/font]

Weighted Bench Dips:
50# - 15
55# - 12
60# - 10
65# - 8
[font color=blue]***Good weight for these. I was fried by the last set.[/font]

That is all....

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

My cat misses me too much..practically her entire body is on the mouse. lol.

Going to chiro tomorrow. Thank goodness. Today gonna work legs with weights and get on elliptical and work abs.

Diane Sue and Lora,

While at mall yesterday seen a Lush store there!!! Thought of you both. Smelled the cotton candy soap..didn't like it. We were running around in mall for about 7 hours so dh was ready to leave and didn't want me to sniff anymore. lol.

Debbie,

Excellent workout!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys! Popping in quickly. I have been out of commission since last week with a bladder/kidney infection. SUCKED! Then I developed a head cold on top of it! But I feel better today. Actually off to a job interview....a DAY JOB!! I hope it works out. I can't stand this night stuff anymore.
I hope you all have a great day!

Maeghan AKA megadoo AKA Doodles AKA Sparkly

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

HI Meg - good to hear from you. So sorry you've not been well. UTI's suck.

Toasty - I'm jealous! Never been a Lush store.

I just did 20 minutes of Daily Dose of Dharma - STress Relief yoga. Felt good. It's my late day at work today....so I'm sittin' here drinkin a protein smoothie and burning some new CDs for my next book workout rotation!

See you ladies after 7:00 pm tonight!

Char- hahahahahahaha!!!!!!

Lora- some nice yoga sounds good right about now.

I got the job! Now have to find a new WO time in the day! EEK! Certainly won't be before work, atleast I don't think I can hack that lol. Maybe I would try...like...once, lol

Maeghan AKA megadoo AKA Doodles AKA Sparkly

www.picturetrail.com/megadoo2

~*~new pics added in RECENT album~*~
~AGAIN~
5/7/08

Lora - No, I've never heard any of those bands. I feel like I live in a hole! LMAO! Char said Evans Blue is a good band. I'll have to check them out. No problem on the Avon. It's just much easier for me to order with the item #'s. I'll get you your total tomorrow morning. Your Avon has been mailed out.

Today has been one of those days that nothing is running smoothly. Finally am finding time to eat something and it is already after noon. I had planned on an early workout and getting the house cleaned and in order. Tomorrow is my lymph node biopsy. I have to be at the hospital at 9 in the morning. Seems like the phone has rang a ton. I had to stop my workout at the stretch and get cleaned off and dressed to pick up dh. Anyway todays workout was Athletic Step Jam repeating the jam challenge, skipped the bonus ball workout and did the abs, then I did Cathe's SuperSets upper blast no w/up and stopped at the stretch. Athletic Step Jam was 625 calories. My hr monitor says total calories burned was 844. I kept having to pause it and forgetting to push continue when I went back to my workout. So I am really not sure what the actual burn really was. I have 4 of my grandchildren here today.

Lora, Dallys is out of town. I am sure it is just that everyone is busy since it is summer. Vacations and children out of school. Plus more outdoor stuff to do:) Sorry about the interview.

Charlotte, too bad you didn't get to smell more of the Lush stuff. I am sure you would have loved it. I have never purchased Cotton Candy soap. I read the reviews when I choose. I think I got a bath bomb that was a marshmallow sent once that I was disappointed in. Not much scent.

Meaghan, sorry to hear you have been sick. Congrats on the day job!

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Afternoon Maniacs,

Did 4ds HIS repeating the first & second combos & blasts. Haven't done this one in awhile. It was fun. Seemed easier after having done Amy's ASC. I really need to get ASC II.

Debbie - Great Workout! Enjoy the bike trip!

Lora - I sent that out for you.

Meg - Sorry you haven't feeling well!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (pre workout)
M2: ON whey protein shake w/strawberries (post workout)
M3: Ground turkey taco salad w/2 tbsp. cheddar cheese; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Turkey patty; peach
M5: 96% FF beef patty; salad w/light Honey mustard dressing
M6: Banana Protein pancake w/ 2 tbsp. power pb

[font color=blue]1798 calories
56 g. fat - 28%
160 g. protein - 36%
110 g. carbs - 24%
[/font]

Better with the macros today. A bit high with the calories but I've been extremely hungry these past few days so I know I need to eat more. Plus I worked out hard this morning and my muscles need to be fed.

Hi guys - checking in quickly. I have been under the weather. A bug bit me in my ear and now it really infected. I had to go to the doctor and get on antibiotics.

Linda - what is the Amy ASC you are referring to? I will hopefully feel like working out tomorrow and be able to post.

Take care everyone.

DEb - You should definitely download Bad Girlfriend by Theory of A Deadman. REally cool song!!

Speaking of music - my Seether concert is next week!!

Meg - what sort of job did you get? or did you say up above and I just missed it. Congrats.

Toasty - What mall and what town were you in? Sounds fun. Are you going to any concerts this Summer?

Linda -thanks so much. He told me he rec'd it today at work. Thanks again. He's training for his competition right now....so I'm sure he won't be trying it anytime soon.....but he's curious about Alwyn Cosgrove's training methods.

Ally - It's Amy Bento's Advanced Step Challenge video. I just love it! There is an ASC II and I want it so much. The choreography is tough but that's what I love about it.

Lora - Your welcome! It was the least I could do.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.