Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday Sept 2

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs-

I overslept a bit. Wanted to get up earlier. I'm off to do my Jillian book circuit. I was trying to set my resting pulse in my HRM this morning and i can't get it below 65. My normal resting is about 7 beats lower than that. I wonder if I'm slightly overtrained?

Deb - I read my post last night when we were talking about music and I didn't specify that the CD Infest I said I ordered is actually Papa Roach's first one from 2000 and my post wasn't clear....so I just wanted to clarify that. I sampled it from Amazon and it sounds more rap/rock than their other ones. I'll let you know about it when I get it.

Suz - sorry you are having such problems with your medications! That's rough. I love McDonald's Southwest Salads! and the yogurt and fruit parfait's that are on the dollar menu are good too.

I ended up doing my Jillian Backside book circuit. I used my bands doubled up and did the Terry Curls from the Door Attachment one arm at a time and used double bands for lat pulls (this works well). This circuit had a lot of different moves in it. I used the Rebounder for the cardio segments. I added ankle weights and dumbbells for my last couple sets of bicycles and added 8 pounds on my back for plank holds...but only made it 30 seconds with the weight and did the last 30 without the weight. I added on Kung Fu Kickboxing Kicker segment. Workout was around 1 hour 20 something minutes and I burned 499 calories.

I also did Hemelaya Behl's Yoga for Urban Living - Daily Connection 60". This is a very different practice and moves a bit slow for me...but different is good.

Deb - That song by Adema is called Cold & Jaded. It sounds like it's a little bit "soft" ....you know...like a radio hit....but they have the potential to rock. Have you ever heard of this band....Trust Company and the song is Downfall. See if you can download it. I've never heard anything else by them, but it sounds like our kind of music. I'll try to get those Sevendust names for you when they play them.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone.

Morning ladies.. HAd another crazy week. HAven't been on much and server was down yesterday at work.
I am heading soon to do 'Ab ripper.
And Pyramid upper and lower..
2 days off so i can get a couple good ones in..

This salon building is going to be a pain in the butt..
Here is the drill//

get the deed transferred. 500+
Have it rezoned..350
I have to have a site plan 1200 , Survey and utilities, for the artchitect and county.
I have to have an atrchitectual design.???I am scared of that cost New laws..Can't have a draftsman..
Then it goes to the court house for approval. 500 to a 1000.The inspector.
Before i can even start.
Find a contractor...
OMG. Headache..
Might happen by spring.
I was hoping before winter, but, not looking like it.
Get bids and go to the bank for financing..

I think it is all about money.
You would thnk i am building a shopping mall.
Not a 25X40 salon.. GGGRRRR..

Char, so sorry about FIL..Your DH is probably taking this hard.
You have alot on your plate.

Everyone..
Hello..
Have a great weekend.
I am doing nothing.
DH has me pissed.I cancelled the cookout. He can't handle gravel, he can't hande people making a mess. I was spray painting the coffee counter in the driveway. Some spray paint got on the gravel. He was flipping out.It is gravel, not concrete..Didn't have enough newspaper..
I say rake it around a little . He literally scooped it up and took it across the street and dumped it over the bank..
I think he needs a shrink.Then he wonders why i am such a Biotch some times..

Well, I am not finishing them.Told him to burn them. I am Pissed. I am going to buy new.
I will have new ones built when i have 2 more stations and a sink built.
I need to vent..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning Maniacs!!!

Thanks so much again for everyone's kind thoughts and wishes during this time.

I rode my bike last night. Only went 8 miles. All I had time for, but it was sooooooo nice to get out on such a nice cooler evening and get them endorphines flowing once again. Can't tell you how much I missed riding. Just been too hot lately, and yesterday I NEEDED IT!!!!! Slept like a baby and today is dd's birthday. She is 19 so I am gonna make her a cake and work my legs with weights before I go off to work. Trying to cram in everything everyday. lol.

Have great workouts!!!!

Hello, everyone! I was barely home yesterday so I didn't check in at all.

Saturday's workout:
Imax 3 up stopping before final cooldown/stretch, then
Imax 2 intervals 4,5,6 only
Then APX Chest, Shoulders, and Triceps then
Cardio & Weights abs and stretch only

I have owned APX since it came out and this is the first time I've ever done any of the segments other than core. I will need to go heaver for triceps next time, but my chest and shoulders have major DOMS today!

This morning I did:
APX warm up, skipping multi-joint segment and doing legs
Christi Taylor Totally Hot Cardio
Core Max segment 1
APX Stretch

I really like APX so far. Tomorrow I plan on doing the multi-joint, back, and biceps segments. Can't wait!

Lora - wow, you sure put in a long workout this morning!

Anne - I have no idea what type of project you're doing, but I work in construction and if you do begin your project this year, make sure your subcontractors or contractor has "winter conditions" including in their price, otherwise you'll be stuck paying for heaters, temporary enclosures, etc.

Toasty - "only" eight miles. Yikes! I do three and I feel proud.

Keep keepin' on, everybody.

And thanks for letting me join your group!

Deb -Okay.....you're gonna be sorry you got me started....but I love music...so -- The one Sevendust song I really like that I hear a lot is called Beg to Differ. Just heard it ...and it rocks. Also, heard the other Adema song called Giving In and it's pretty good (not as rockin as Sevendust though). Also heard a really new song that was good by a band called Sighlo and the song was My Cavalry. Black Light Burns has a song called Lie that rocks...but never heard anything else. What about Hurt? I like some of their songs, but don't have their CD. Maybe you can check a some of those out for some new music? Just trying to help since you say you like new music. Also, heard Linkin Park's song from their newer album (can't remember the name) and I really like it, but I heard their new album isn't as hard as previous ones. Do you know if the new one is good?

Wormwood - yes......felt like a long one this morning. Now I'll be famished all day. These circuit workouts seem to do that to me.

This morning I worked Legs and actually looked forward to the workout. Pain in the shoulder is gone, it just feels bruised now. Not sure what that's all about.

[font color=red]Legs[/font]
Squats:
75# - 15 reps
95# - 12 reps
115# - 8/8/8 reps
[font color=blue]***I really wish I could go higher with these. It's really hard to go parellel with such heavy weights and I don't want to do half assed squats. So I will stay with this weight until I feel my form is good enough to move up.[/font]

Hack Squats:
75# - 15 reps
100# - 8/8/8/ reps (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***I can go ATG with this and I like that. Feel it in the quads big time.[/font]

SLDL:
75# - 10 reps
85# - 8/8/8 (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***I am so excited about this exercise. My low back doesn't suffer from it at all. I make sure my form is perfect. This is the highest I've gone since my low back injury.[/font]

Static Lunges:
85# - 10/10/10 reps (up 5#)
[font color=blue]***These felt good in my glutes. Made sure I pushed with my heel. Hopefully I'll be sore there tomorrow![/font]

Hamstring Curls:
50# - 12/12/12 reps (last week was 12/12/10 reps)

[font color=red]Calves[/font]
Barbell Calf Raises:
85# - 25 reps
95# - 20 reps
115# - 20 reps
95# - 25 reps
85# - 30 reps
[font color=blue]***Did a pyramid on these, not rest except to change the plates.[/font]

[font color=indigo]***My hamstrings are very tight, especially my left one. To the point where stretching hurts. I need to make myself a note to stretch them more. This was one reason I had low back problems in the 90's.[/font]

It's beautiful here today, hope you all enjoy your Sunday!

Lora - Thanks for all the songs. I will download them when I get the chance! Keep them coming!!

Thanks for the advice. I have so much red tape that it may not happen till spring though.I am anxious and nervous.
At least renting , i could sell out and go work some where. I will have a mortage now..and taxes and snow removal and i need to quit thinking about it this weekend.

I am building commercial so i have gotten references for the contractors i am seeking.Not really huge. slab and 25X 40. Should be under roof in a week.Alot of electrical and plumbing.

I finished.
Ab ripper. Oh, my been a while. Tough one today.
I did PUB downs and i put in one of the new firms and all i have to say is e-bay. Trying to build back up without hurting so bad, but it was a joke.To me anyways..
Seriously more beginner..
Going to save legs for tomorrow..

Well, off to wash me truck. Needs a good hand washing and cleaning.
Car wash just does not do it.

Wow. Imax 2 and 3 in one day..

Char, 8 miles is good. Better than noting.Quit being hard on yourself.
With FIl's passing, and work. You have a lot going on.Sometimes you have to lighten up a little so you don't burn out..

HAve a safe weekend everyone.
Making some chix catchatore. I got a ton of fresh veggies from a customer..MMMM.

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Good Morning;)
Fri workout was just MM upperbody and abs. Sat was Cardio fusion.
Today is my rest day Yeah!
Char I hope you are doing ok.
Great work guys
Hope you all have a great day:)
Randi

Hi Ladies!

So far today has been a rest day. :) I went to church this morning (finally Diane Sue!), then to Wal-Mart to pick up a couple things I forgot, then to Sam's Club, then we grilled chicken and made corn on the cob that I got at Sam's, then we finished watching a movie we started last night, Fracture - that was pretty good - and before you know it there goes the day! My friend's 13 year old daughter came and sat with me at church and I was sitting with DH's friend and his 13 year old son. I'm glad I finally made it!

Diane Sue - I listen to contemporary Christian music in my car almost all the time too. Either that or Fox News on satellite. Nicole C. Mullen is going to be at Women of Faith in Denver when I go with my mom at the end of this month. I love going and can't wait! My sister was supposed to go but has a new job and can't get the time off. :( We have her ticket and she said to just keep it and use the chair for our purses since it's so crowded. I told her I'd sell it (it's sold out) but she said no.

Debbie - I can't believe you were actually looking forward to doing legs today. Are you feeling okay? :p

Char - Glad you got out on your bike. My girlfriends and I call it bike therapy. :) Happy birthday to your dd. You sure don't look old enough to have a 19 year old!

It's cool here this afternoon - a storm just came through and cooled everything off. Feels like fall. Maybe I'll go get my knitting out.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz - I just saw Fracture on the plane ride to Vegas -- was even good for it being my 2nd time seeing it!

Deb - 2 more songs for you. Everything by Pillar and The Bleeding by Five Finger Death Punch. Also, just thought I'd mention that the DH and I went to see that movie Death Sentence with Kevin Bacon and it was a kick butt movie! good flick.

Today was a rest day for me. I went to church and dh and I have just hung out watching movies:) Tomorrow afternoon is dd birthday. She is my baby and will be 28. Pretty soon they will all be past 30. Makes me feel old.

Wormwood Scrubs, I think APX is an excellent workout. It took awhile for me to get my weights right and the equipment that I wanted to use. I generally end up going heavier on most of the exercises. It is harder if you do the whole workout as is but doing it as a split I can generally go fairly heavy. Looks like you are working your way through it:)

Suz, lucky you being able to go to the women of faith in Denver. I am sure they will be some from my church going. I also have my clock radio set for the Contemporary Christian station. I would so much rather wake up to that than some of the depressing stuff I hear on other stations.

Charlotte, good for you getting out and riding your bike. I am sure that was one of the best things you could do for relieving stress. Enjoy celebrating your dd birthday:)

Debbie, it is easy to forget the stretching when we don't feel any pain and stiffness. I have learned to work on the flexibility as well as everything else. You did some awesome weights today.

Anne, it is good to see you post. It looks like you have a lot going on right now. I hope everything goes wonderfully for you.

Diane Sue - I wish I could get KLove to come in more clear on my clock radio. Some days it's super clear and other days it's not, so I don't trust it to wake me up just in case it's all static. :) Enjoy your dd's birthday. You have so many birthdays in your family with all the kids and grandkids. My goodness! What a great way to always get the family together though.

Suz

"Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened." - Anatole France

http://www.picturetrail.com/dogs2birds

Suz, KLove comes through pretty clear for me. I am a light sleeper so even static would wake me up. My bunny is in the opposite end of my house and he wakes me dropping his litter pan and moving his ceramic bowls around his crate. Puddle sleeps in the same room:) They seem to get along well but I am afraid if puddle got excited and stepped on Harvey it would not be good.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.