Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Sunday April 20

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning I did Women's Health Workout for Your Body Type - HIIT cardio section (part on the Rebounder) 27" followed by Candace's Fit Is It Walking Level 2 (part of). I wore my weighted vest with 8 pounds of weight for the walking workout and put the treadmill on the highest incline. I did my own stretch. Workout was 69" and I burned 627 calories.

As I thought, wearing the vest does distribute the weight all over your body and feels different than holding hand weights.....and also as I thought, the vest was very warm!! It also scratched up my biceps ....but for the price...I guess that's the worst of it. I took the vest off for the last 4 minutes of the workout and there was a noticeable drop in my HR. I really felt this in my legs/butt wearing the vest and during the interval fast walking, my HR elevated to around 154 which is pushing about 82-84% of my max HR. Not bad for a low impact walking workout. Exactly what I aimed to accomplish.

I also did my new Shiva Rea's Flow Yoga for Beginners. I did all but the Foundation Flow segment. Boy....this really was geared for beginners. She spends a lot of time getting into poses. I was fast forwarding and just going into the poses. I liked the Backbend segment and Flexibility Segments...but the other segments were not that great. All in all, if I do those 2 segments together -- I should be able to get in a decent half hour yoga session...so I'll probably keep it cuz it IS Shiva.

Have great workouts or rest days everyone. Off to eat my grapenuts and then hit the bath tub. We're going to see a stupid movie at the $1 theatre today.

Brookie's up and around today....but boy does her surgery site look sore. Poor little thing. I hate putting my cats thru this stuff....but it need to be done...the poor little confused kitty!! Now she's all girl kitty!

Good Morning, today is my rest day. I have to get out to the store and finish up some planting.

Lora, that sounds like it worked out well. I scratched up my forearms the first time I wore the vest and did one of the lower body moves on Slo Mo holding the barbell in front of me the other day. Glad your kitty is getting around:)

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

I forgot ......I also did Bender Ball Abs this morning - levels 1,2.

Diane Sue - forgot to mention that I did check my Protein Powder for cholesterol. I usually mix a half a scoop of BSN Lean with 1/2 scoop of my Elite brand cuz the BSN is higher in calories and a bit too creamy tasting on it's own...but I like them better combined. The Elite brand I bought from the Barbell store has a very minute amount.......not near as much as the BSN.

Good Morning Maniacs!

I ran 3 miles on the treadmill this morning and am planning on doing 1 of Amy's Slo-Mo's later-not sure which yet. Originally was going to do P90X weights this week but changed my mind.

Lora- I have been thinking about getting a weighted vest, where did you get yours? Also, glad to hear your kitty is doing better! My 2 youngest were fixed this week but nobody went from boy to girl;-) I hope she keeps up her speedy recovery:)

Coni

Coni - Technically....she went from He/She to She!! She was spade when she was a baby (by the petstore we bought her from......but apparently they didn't find all of the girl parts??). I got my vest from Amazon.com cuz I didn't want to pay a lot for one and I got free super saver shipping and shipping was $28 on some of them. It's not the sleekest thing...but it goes up to 20 pounds and it's decent. It's an Altus.

Coni - Technically....she went from He/She to She!! She was spade when she was a baby (by the petstore we bought her from......but apparently they didn't find all of the girl parts??). I got my vest from Amazon.com cuz I didn't want to pay a lot for one and I got free super saver shipping and shipping was $28 on some of them. It's not the sleekest thing...but it goes up to 20 pounds and it's decent. It's an Altus.

AfTERNOON ALL..
Taking a day off.. It hurts to walk here. i over did it big time..
My inner thighs feel like i have had them cut open.LOL..
Guess i pushed her on the machines too much..and the smith machine..I loaded that boy up and did my lunges and plea's and i am paying.
Just hit the hair show.. Terrible this year..Classes were bad..
But i did some shopping and got some good deals..New shop is coming some day.
Had to redo the prints and the engineer has them..
It is a political money game... I am just trying to be patient..
Well, gotta get something done here.

Take care all..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

Went to the store to get a new workout log. I bought one of the Go Fit ones and it seems pretty good and is set where you can monitor nutritional info in it. I also needed a battery for my digital calipers. I wanted to start tracking it again since I am monitoring nutrional info.

Lora, I looked at Muscle Milk protein powder in Target and even though it has 6 grams of fat it has a minute amout of cholestral. I am going to look around some. Most of the time I think soy protein lacks in flavor. Good idea mixing it. Maybe that is what I need to do with the rest of my BSN.

Hey Maniacs!
Today I did Jillians Shred level 2 (love that she says "Bad A$$" in this one!) and then I did Eoin Finns quickie that I downloaded onto my new Nano (it's so tiny!). I spent hours downloading workouts (cardio coaches{had these on my ipod that now seems HUGE!}, Istretch, Icycle, yoga) onto it yesterday. I love that I can now do yoga or other stuff anywhere in the house and not have to have a TV. Eoins instruction was good and I didn't miss the TV at all.:)

Anne- Sounds like you need to whip that Smith machine into shape!;) To bad the hair show wasn't all that great.

Diane Sue- I have a workout log that my DD got at Golds Gym. It's got the nutrition part in it too. That makes it convenient.:)

Lora- Great idea using the weighted vest on the treadmill!

Coni- Great job on the workout!

Later...
[font face="script" color=magenta size=+1]*~Dallys~*[/font]

www.picturetrail.com/keeponthesunnyside

Diane Sue- the Dymatize Elite Whey Protein Powder from the barbell store is actually the one I preferred when I first tasted the BSN. BSN by itself is way too creamy tasting for me. That's why I started mixing them. I think the Dymatize Elite has 110 calories, 22 gms of protein and minute sugar/cholesterol. I couldn't believe how high the BSN was in cholesterol. That's surprising.

Where's the best place to buy a Magic Bullet blender for cheap? My blender I use to make my protein smoothies is almost toast.

Just finished Amy's Slo-Mo Back and Shoulders. I forgot how HARD that can be lol! I am definitely going to be feeling this tomorrow.

Lora & Diane Sue- Thanks for the info on the vests, I really want to get one soon.

Great workouts everyone!

Coni

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say Hello and post my workout.

Quads
Squats:
45# - 12/12 for warmup
95# - 8
105# - 8/8
I'm getting very strong with these, not cut like I would like to be yet, but that will come as I get better cleaning up my diet!

Leg Press
90# - 8/8/8/8
These felt WONDERFUL! It was the machine so that's why I was able to go so high. I'm so happy about being back at the Y, there's so much more varity with the machines and I love it!

Hack Squat
50# - 8/8/8/8
This one felt really odd as I've never done them. I could feel it though, and hubby confirmed for me that I was doing it correctly, so we'll see how the ole legs feel tomorrow!

Hamstrings
45# - 12 warmup
90# - 8/8/8/8
These felt good!

Calves
90# - 30 warmup
100# - 20/20/20
I did these on the Leg Press as well and I'm fried!

Did some abs as well today!

That's it for me, but I'm feeling strong!

Hope you all have a great day!

Lora, I purchased my first Magic Bullet from Gordman's when dh did security there. I got a good deal. Close to what Target sells it for. My DD purchased a set off of their website that came with two complete sets with the juicer. When mine broke she gave me hers. It broke and I still want another one. I have made quick soups like cream of asparagus in it. Not just using it for smoothies. It makes great smoothies without all of the ice chunks if you put ice in it. The best thing is to use crushed ice though. The large cubes will break the plastic center. (from my experience this is what happened to both) I contacted them and they said they could give me a new base for 15 dollars. That is how much they charge for a warranty which I would recommend. http://www.buythebullet.com/ The one I bought at Gordmans and that they sell in Target does not come with the juicer. I only used the juicer with the one dd gave me. I just need a new base since I have double of all of the mugs and tops and one juicer. I also purchased the recipe book. Probably more than you wanted to know but I really do like the ease and convenience of these.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.