Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2023

This morning I did RAW Ripped & Ride June 2019 and wow, what a great workout. Love these, I've never done this one before and I really need to look through the other ones I don't have workout sheets for. I really enjoyed this workout.

This one I could use either my treadmill or Max Trainer so I decided to use my treadmill. Each weight exercise was for 1 minute.

Treadmill: 5:25 minutes

Bent Over Rows: 15's
Hammer Curls: 12's
Upright Rows: 12's
Overhead Triceps Extension: 15#
Chest Press: 15's

Treadmill: 5 minutes

Reverse Flies: 8's (should have used 12's)
Front Curls: 12's
Overhead Shoulder Press: 12's
Kickbacks: 8's
Dumbbell Flies: 15's

Lawn Mowers: 15#
Supinated Curls: 12's
Lateral Raise: 8's
Skull Crushers: 12's
Modified Pullovers: 12's

Workout was 49 minutes, burned 339 calories, did 2572 steps and HR was 124/151. Great workout!

Jolie - Wow on the gift, that is sweet! Did you get a Tesla? I want one of those but I'd also settle for a hybrid. Our gas is around $3.11 right now. We hit 30 years in 2 years and we are planning to go to Hawaii. Hope we can do that when the time comes. Happy Anniversary!!

Belinda - I'm so sorry to hear about Mag Pie. So sad. That is the worst to lose a pet. Makes me sad to know my kitties are old now and won't be around forever. Hope you are ok.

Diane - Great job on your workout on Friday. Hope you had a great weekend!

Roselyn - Great job with your workouts this weekend!!

Doreen - My husband and I will be married for 30 years in 2026 and hoping to be able to go to Hawaii. Hope you and your husband can get a nice trip in as well!! Can't believe we've been married for so long. Doesn't seem possible.

Hope you all have a wonderful day!!

Today I was out on my walk with the pup, and it started raining so I had to turn around and come home. I got in a little over a mile, I will go back out this afternoon since it is cool today. I am in the house most of the day because I have solar guys working on the roof all day and tomorrow as well. I have on my agenda to do 100 body weight squats, side to side lunges BW, and my leg extension machine using lite weight. I have not done any leg work in a long time so I am sure I will feel it tomorrow. Our gas here in So Cal got to $7.50 a gallon last month!!! The car I got is the Audi etron Q8 and it is so pretty. I did not want a Tesla; everyone has one around here and I wanted something plusher and more different. I wanted a Porche but since there were no deals at the time, or for that matter, ever, I got an Audi because they are both German cars.

Debbie, way to go on the workout today, that looks like something I would really like to do for a workout. I am signing up soon. Wow, you are almost at 30 years of marriage, way to go!!!

Doreen, wow on that mountain bike ride yesterday, your quads were probably so pumped by the time you finished your ride. :)

Roselyn, great job on your workouts this weekend.

Diane Sue, I hope you have a great workout today. I will come back later to read your post for the day.

Have a great day.

Reactions: WD
Today I did STS 2.0 Super Sets Total Body express 2 sets, 55 minutes, 145 calories, heart rate 96/119. I also did Day 9 wrists and hands 11 minutes and Day 8 total body mobility stretches 15 minutes from the 30 day challenge, 26 minutes total 45 calories. I did day 8 yesterday, but wanted more of a stretch after the weights. Total time was 81 minutes, 187 calories.

Super Sets Total Body 2 sets express #4

Squat#1 25# dbs 8 reps superset
Deadlifts#1 55# barbell 8 reps
Squat#2 25# dbs 8 reps superset
Deadlifts#2 55# barbell 8 reps

Incline Chest press #1 15# dbs 8 reps
barbell wide grip overhand row #1 45# 8 reps
Incline Chest press #2 15# dbs 8 reps
barbell wide grip overhand row 21 45# 8 reps

kneeling sweeper curl #1 15# dbs 8 reps
incline lying triceps extension #1 15# dbs 8 reps
kneeling sweeper curl #2 15# dbs 8 reps
incline lying triceps extension #2 15# dbs 8 reps

Shrugs #1 15# dbs 8 reps
calf raises #1 25# dbs 8 reps
Shrugs #2 15# dbs 8 reps
calf raises #2 25# dbs 8 reps

Alternating Sumo Squat #1 30# db 8 reps
Alternating crossback lunge #1 20# dbs
Alternating Sumo Squat #2 30# db 8 reps
Alternating crossback lunge #2 20# dbs

Incline chest fly #1 12# dbs 8 reps
barbell underhand grip row#1 55# 8 reps
Incline chest fly #2 12# dbs 8 reps
barbell underhand grip row#2 55# 8 reps

Hammer Curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
single arm triceps kickback with a loop #1 12# db 8 reps
Hammer Curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps
single arm triceps kickback with a loop #2 12# db 8 reps

Single arm lateral raises #1 8# db 8 reps
double arm thumb to thumb rear delt fly #1 8# dbs 8 reps
Single arm lateral raises #2 8# db 8 reps
double arm thumb to thumb rear delt fly #2 8# dbs 8 reps

stretch

Evening,

I did STS 2 UB 1 and walked outside this afternoon. I wasn’t feeling well, I think I aught a stomach bug. It’s been bordering me since TX.

Sorry I will catch up tomorrow morning.

This morning I did RAW Heavy Bag/Shadow Boxing w/ Kelly's son Zach. I really love this one, I think it's my favorite of all her boxing workouts. The music is just fantastic. Had a great workout. I used my 1.5# egg weights.

Workout was 39 minutes, burned 365 calories, did 2622 steps and HR was 147/177.

Jolie - That is cool that you're getting a solar roof. I'll be curious to see how much it saves you with electric. Audi's are nice cars, I like them. Do you have it yet or did you have to order it? There are a lot of people around here who drive a Tesla as well. I love those cars, me and my dh call them eggs. LOL!

Diane - Great job with STS Super Sets! That looks like an excellent workout, I'm sure I would love that one. I wish those workouts weren't so long. Even the express one you did was 55 minutes. I'm assuming you can split them up and do upper body one day and the lower body the next. I might have to order some of those workouts.

Belinda - Sorry you have a stomach bug. Hope you are doing better today. Hugs.

Have a great workout today everyone! Kick @SS!!

I did a Functional Core workout from Attainable Fitness on youtube this morning. Nice movements. Then the doggo for a walk.

Today I am so sore from yesterday's workout. I had to spend the whole day at home, I think I over did it with all of the time that I had to put into a workout. I ended up doing legs, shoulders, biceps and triceps and I am dying today. Now I know why I don't do legs anymore besides my machines, my knees hurt so bad and it was difficult to walk the dog this morning. Today I went for a 45 minute walk, 2.6 miles and burned 442 calories. I have the solar guys here today to finish up the job, so I had to cut my walk short today.

Debbie, great job on the workout today as always.

Diane Sue, great job on the workout yesterday, that was a long one. I am so surprised about your calorie burn, it is so low for such a hard workout. I guess things change as we age, mine has changed since I was in my 40's, that is for sure.

Doreen, nice workout today and dog walk.

Belinda, take care, the stomach bug is going around here too.

Make it a great day.

Hi,

Walk outside and live dancing is done. Today was Cathe’s HiiT on the schedule, no way I could do it with my stomach.

My husband and I finalized the RV. Now it’s in production. I hope we get it before the winter comes.

Jolie - that’s a nice gift. So sweet of your husband. Let me know how you like the solar. I was thinking about getting it here. The stomach bug is going around in Germany too. Both my sisters had it for over 2 weeks. No fun! I am so nauseous constantly. My doc gave me probiotics. Hopefully it will work soon. Thank you about Mag Pie :(

Roselyn - great job on D1 of Iron Legs.

Doreen - great job on your ride yesterday.

Debbie - I think the stomach bug is going around. Whatever it is I got it. I feel so nauseous constantly. I had it since TX. Hopefully I am almost done. I hope you get to go to Hawaii for your 30th too. I love Hawai. Dec 1st we are having our 40th :) Long time.

Diane - how are you feeling these day’s? Great job on your workout. I see you doing STS too.

I will be back tomorrow. It is beautiful outside.

I typed out responses last night, but I lost them somehow as I went back a page to read posts. Sorry I did not get them up.

Today I did CDorner Low Impact Aerobics(all standing) which has several segments using light 3 lb dumbbells and ends with a 10 minute stretch. This was fun and went quickly. 48 minutes, heart rate 124/153, 211 calories, 3,829 steps. I also did Day 10 of the 30 day challenge, morning spinal movbility, 19 minutes, 33 calories. Total time was 67 minutes, 244 calories, 3,876 steps.

Debbie, nice work today. on Raw Heavy Bag and Shadowboxing with Kelly and Zack. The workout that I did yesterday was 47 minutes. There are quite a few premixes on these. The one I did yesterday does have a lower body and upper body mix.

Belinda, nice work on yesterday's Upper Body and getting in today's walk and dance. I am sorry you are not feeling well. I hope it gets better soon. I went through some extreme stomach issues and coughing last week. This week I am doing pretty good and have more energy and less pain. My arthritis doctor and I decided I am handling things well so he did not change my meds. He did say if I wanted, he could set me up with PT to try and get help with my spinal discomfort. I told him for now I will keep working on it. If I keep at working to make space, it helps a lot.

Doreen, nice work on the functional Core workout and the dog walk today.

Jolie, I am finding I do so much better if I do not over do it. Yesterday I considered adding one of Kelly's timesaver strength workouts to the Super Sets I did and reminded myself that I need to hold back. I am sore today, but not extremely. I am sure if I went for more I would probably hurt instead of just mild soreness. I used to be able to get between 500 and 700 calories in a day. I think things just slow down over the years as it has gradually dropped. In my younger years I worked up to 1000 goal sometimes. That was adding treadmill runs on top of the cardio and weights. I did not do a lot of yoga and stretching so I am sure that makes a difference as well.

This morning I did RAW Burn Out Lower Body and had a really good workout. I've done this workout a few times and like it ok. I changed some of the exercises, though. hee hee.

Each superset is done 3 times - 45 seconds on/15 off

Squats: 15's
BW Squat Up to Calves

Reverse Lunges: 15's
BW Lunges w/Pulses

Plies: 25#
BW Plie Pop (No pop for me I just did pulses)

Front/Side Lunges: (I did Elevated Deads using 30# barbell)
Side to Side BW Lunges: (I did Firewalkers w/pink material band)

Single Leg Bridges - total of 3 sets each side. Burner!

Workout was 45 minutes, burned 277 calories and HR was 118/170.

Jolie - I'm sorry to hear your knees hurt, that isn't good. I hope they feel better today. Nice job on that long workout, though!!

Belinda - So exciting about the RV finalization. I wonder how long it will take for you to get it? Hope not long! I hope we get to go to Hawaii as well! Scary times right now, though. Hope they are over by then.

Diane - I actually might ask for STS for Christmas. My DH and I are keeping it to one gift this year because we are remodeling my kitchen and that will cost some bucks. I'd really like to have that series. Nice job with your workout. Tomorrow I think I might do a heavy bag workout. I haven't done one of those in ages.

Roselyn and Doreen - Great job on your workouts!

Have a great workout today everyone!!

Today I had an excellent workout because I got in both a walk and weights. I took the pup on a hard hill walk; it was only 2 miles but I burned the same number of calories as if i had walked another mile on my other route. Walk was 40 minutes, traveled 2 miles and I burned 398 calories. Next, I did Caroline Girvan Hard Upper Body with Weights 20 minutes and I loved the workout. I worked Chest, Back, Shoulders, Triceps and then Biceps. 40 seconds on and 20 second rest, 3 rounds of each body part. I will do this on again. 20 minutes and I burned 186 calories. I lifted heavy because she wanted the rep range between 8 to 12 reps. Total calories burned was 584 and workout was 65 minutes. I have to say, I really like her workouts because there is no talking, sometimes I just like silence :)

Debbie, great job on the workout today. My knees are much better today, they ached all day yesterday. If I use my elliptical, walk on the TM and outside, row and use the Max Trainer, I think that is good enough of a leg workout for me. I will add body weight squats and reverse lunges but that is it going forward. I notice that you never mention your knee hurting anymore, way to go!!! I should get STS for Christmas too so we can do it together.

Belinda, great job getting in a workout with the stomach bug. Have fun when you get your RV!

Diane Sue, I am liking shorter workouts lately myself. I used to push myself so hard back in the day, I just hate getting injured. However, I was much thinner when I worked out harder and longer. I loathe having some extra weight on my frame, it screws with my head.

Doreen and Roselyn, I hope you both have great workouts today.

Off to the Apple store because they updated my phone and it has so many issues with it. Have a nice day.

Hi,

I am feeling better today, the nausea finally stopped. I hope whatever this was will not come back.

Today I walked 3.5 miles outside. It was beautiful outside. I also did STS 2.0 Lower Body 1. I had a great workout.

Diane - I think a stomach bug is going around. I am feeling much better today, a little drained. Sorry about your injuries. Glad this week you are feeling better and your doctor not changing your meds. That’s good news. The last time I saw the orthopedic he wanted to sent me back to PT, I am losing muscles in my quads. I told him the same you did, lol.

Debbie - thank you! Today was the first day I am feeling myself again. Once you finalized and signed off everything it will take 2 to 3 month to get build the way we want it. I hope you get it before December. The dealer thinks Jan 2024 the latest. I hope you get to go to Hawaii. Times are very scary :( Great job on your lower body workout today.

Jolie - great job as always! I am feeling better today. I hope it stays that way. Thank you on the RV. We will not get it before December or the latest in Jan.

Good night.

Today I did CDorner Defined Legs and Abs, 51 minutes,131 calories, heart rate 97/128. I also did Day 11 of the mobility challenge Lower Body Stretch (all standing using a chair) 12 minutes, 22 calories. Total time 63 minutes, 153 calories.

Strong and Defined legs
warm up
Fabric loop bands no repeats 1 minute each move heavy band
reverse lunge with pulses alternating
side step balance alternating
squat knee press out stand and calf raise
duck walk forward monster walk back
balance with leg lift behind
side to side walk

abs 45 seconds each move
scissor
reverse curl press out
butterfly crunch
side ti side reach
forearm plank leg raise
bear alternating leg back or optional bird dog

Weights 1 minute each
squat 20# dbs
deadlifts 25# dbs
squat/deadlift started 25's and dropped to 20's #
squat slow lean forward straightening legs and up 20# dbs

Body Weight
prone lift leg point /curl leg and down 1 minute each side
bird dog knee in
stretch

Roselyn, nice work on glutes and yesterday's chest back and shoulders.

Debbie, great job on Raw Burn out lower body. I remember that one. Usually when there is a pop, I just come up on my toes. Nice idea using the fabric band. My legs and hips were screaming by the time Chris got to the end of the fabric band portion out my workout today. I was watching a youtube of a PT guy showing why some of the usual moves used in Pt with the idea of strengthening the area if done aggressively can make things worse. It was interesting and made since. The ribs at the top move up and t the muscles can tighten into that knot we get. I was just looking at my heavy bag and space. I started pulling it out further about a month ago thinking that I would use it. I used to love doing the heavy bag when I had my freestanding one always available.
I think that you would like STS 2. I don't know what we are doing for Christmas for each other. My husband is always surprising me with new stuff. I was looking for a new makeup brush holder that would not mash my brush heads. My old one had fake leather stuff and is years old. The fake leather stuff is flaking off and I have got little black pieces of it in my eyes that stuck on my brushes. He ordered me a case with lit make up mirror in it and holders for brushes as well as some make up. I would not have spent over 100 $ myself. But he did it.

Jolie, good workout today with the hill walk and the heavy weights. My doctor recommended that I use an elliptical to help build bone density since it is less than it was the last time I had a density test done. That is one of the reasons I am pushing myself to do more strength work than cardio. I do love cardio workouts though. I weigh a lot less now than I did when I worked out long and hard. I think all of that work made me eat more. I think I eat cleaner most of the time than I used to. Other than if someone brings in something I can't refuse. No one but husband and I keeps me from baking goodies and buying snacks for others. I made salmon for our dinner tonight and my husband had a baked potato while I ate a salad of quinoa with kale, dried tart cherries, and walnuts with an olive oil and red wine vinegar dressing. It was supposed to have kale and spinach, but spinach has oxalates which messes with calcium absorption. Now they are saying some nuts like almonds have a lot of oxalates. I was told years ago by my doctor to avoid them. I hope that you get things fixed with the update issue.

Belinda, I am glad the nausea has let up and you are feeling better. Great job on the walk today and STS 2.0 Legs #1. I like the legs 1 and upper body 1 better than 2. I guess it is just the type of moves in them. I just do not see much reason to go to PT. We have been there before. We work out and take care of ourselves pretty well. I need more muscle and bone strengthening. Yes, the visit with the arthritis doctor was positive. Next is the pulmonologist who I have still not heard from with the rest of the bronchoscopy results. I go there November. I was hoping they would help with the coughing. It sort of feels like a waste of time to me other than my lung has some fluid in it. I guess I will see. I bet you are really excited knowing that the RV is in progress now. I hope you get it soon.

Wow am I sore from yesterday's leg workout. I decided to do RAW Heavy Bag & Cardio and don't you know the cario was more leg work than cardio. Ouch! Great workout, though. I haven't done a heavy bag workout in a while. It felt great.

Workout was 49 minutes, burned 268 (although I don't think it was tracking my HR accurately since I had it high on my arm so I could wear my boxing gloves), did 3619 steps and HR was 109/138.

Fun workout!

Jolie - Great job with your workouts yesterday! That Caroline workout sounds good, I'm not sure if I've done that one before? I might check it out. Glad your knees are good now. My right knee hurts a bit when I Iunge and squat but the knee I had surgery on is perfect. Not sure what's going on with my right knee, it feels like there is bone or something rubbing under my knee cap. Sometimes its there, sometimes it isn't. But I can at least still do leg workouts so I'm happy about that!!

Belinda - Glad you are feeling better and great job with you walk and lower body workouts yesterday!

Diane - Great job on your workout, I think I did that Leg and abs workout before and remember really liking it. Is it an older one or did she put a new one out? I'm not sure how I feel about strengthening those muscles. Every time I did I got bad knots and that isn't what you want when you are trying to get rid of them. And when you watch videos on how to do those exercises they stress to squeeze really hard, they never say "gently squeeze your shoulder blades together" you know? I still don't see how those exercises can help with knots anyways. The only thing that seems to help mine are pressing them out, heat and ice. And sometimes that doesn't even work. Your husband sounds like mine. He gets me really cool stuff for my birthdays and Christmas and it makes me feel bad because he is very hard to buy for. I can never surprise him anymore.

Have a great day everyone!

Today I went for a walk with the pup, 1 hour 18 minutes, traveled 4 miles and burn 689 calories. It is amazing how far this little dog wants to walk each day; he is in great shape! Saturday is going to be my rest day because my husband and I are meeting my parents for breakfast, and we have to get on the road early.

Debbie, great workout today with leg soreness!!!

Daine Sue, I love my elliptical, I use it more during the winter than the summer because I like to do it when the weather is cooler, it makes it easier since i burn so many calories and get really hot and sweaty. Nice job on the workout yesterday.

Belinda, great job on the workout yesterday coming off being sick!

Have a great workout today everyone.

Hi,

I am done with Invisalign :D I been wearing Invisalign for 5 years and 4 month. I thought I would never get out of them. All my attachments came off. I get a permanent night retainer in 8 day’s.

I went for a walk after my appt.

I will be back tomorrow to catch up on personals. Long day today.

Today I did CDorner Fast Basic Step # 331, 24 minutes, 128 calories, heart rate 127/155, 2,570 steps. I liked that this was quick, fast, and nothing difficult to follow. I used two risers like Chris did. She rarely uses 2 risers on each side. I then did STS 2.0 Total Body Trisets upper only mix since I did legs yesterday. This is 43 minutes but took me 55 with adjusting weights. I used Bowflex weights for some of it as my husband has my 20's in our room to use. This was 149 calories, heart rate 98/123. I finished with Day 12 of the mobility challenge Upper Body Stretch, 11 minutes, 19 calories. Total time was 90 minutes, 296 calories.

STS 2.0 Total Body Tri sets Upper Body
Group 2
Chest Press #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly pinkies in #1 12# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly thumb to thumb#1 12# dbs 8 reps
Chest Press #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly pinkies in #2 12# dbs 8 reps
Chest Fly thumb to thumb#2 12# dbs 8 reps

Group 3
Deadlifts #1 20 dbs 8 reps
Pullovers #1 20# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm Row #1 25# db 8 reps
Deadlifts # 2 22.5# dbs 8 reps
Pullovers #2 22.5# db 8 reps
Kneeling one arm Row #2 25# db 8 reps

Group 4
Triceps close grip bench press #1 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Triceps seated single arm overhead tricep extension #1 12# db 8 reps
Lying triceps extensions #1 12# dbs 8 reps
Triceps close grip bench press #2 17.5# dbs 8 reps
Triceps seated single arm overhead tricep extension #2 12# db 8 reps(did the kickback option)
Lying triceps extensions #2 12# dbs 8 reps

Group 5
seated overhead press #1 10# dbs 8 reps
standing double arm side lateral raise #1 8# dbs 8 reps
kneeling single arm rear delt fly #1 8# db 8 reps
seated overhead press #2 10# dbs 8 reps
standing double arm side lateral raise #2 8# dbs 8 reps
kneeling single arm rear delt fly #2 8# db 8 reps

Group 6
Standing biceps curls #1 15# dbs 8 reps
seated hammer curl #1 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated sweeper curls #1 12# dbs 8 reps
Standing biceps curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps
seated hammer curl #2 15# dbs 8 reps
Seated sweeper curls #2 15# dbs 8 reps

abbreviated stretch (Group 1 and 7 are lower body)

Debbie, nice work on the Raw heavy bag and cardio workout. I have a clear plastic cover I bought on Amazon that I put over the face of my watch to keep it from messing things up and workout with the gloves over it. I can't see it though till I get a break to peek or finish. It works though. Those covers are meant to protect the watch when working or something. I tend to be much more careful of what I do most of the time with those squeezes and stuff. I came home from PT all of the time in more pain than when I went in. I just kept doing it thinking I was going to get better if I worked really hard at it :rolleyes: I did get my range of motion back though and some strength. so I am glad I pushed then. Now not so much. Not worth ruining my life being miserable. I think that leg workout was new. She has done similar ones. She uses those fabric bands in a lot of her lower body workouts. I feel bad too as my husband's wish list is things that cost so much it is beyond me getting them. I did not have time to watch all of that particular PT's stuff, but he was showing on a skeleton how some of those moves cause that top rib to move and tends to push the head forward slightly and it can make those those knots and things get worse. He had a what not to do list. My trust in all of those PT's is not really good.

Jolie, great job on the long walk. I wish my dog wanted to get up and move. She is getting old and I try to get her to play. I went outside with her the other day and threw her squeaky ball and she ran out to it, sniffed and came back to sit on the patio and look at it. I have her on a diet because she gained 10# since last year when I took her to the vet. That is so nice that you are able to go meet your parents for breakfast and have a visit with them. I am sure that they love it too. I have looked at Ellipticals, but really do not know where I would put one.

Belinda, that is wonderful that you are finally done with the invisalign process. That was a long time.

Last edited:
Just a quick check in, I have a training all day so I don't have time to do personals.

I had to be to work early this morning so I just walked on my treadmill. Workout was 32 minutes, burned 302 calories, did 1.65 miles, did 3804 steps and HR was1 46/166.

Have a great weekend everyone!!

Today I went for a dog walk and it was a tuff one! I went a different route and boy was it a long high incline walk back home. I went downhill for a little over one half miles and then a long 1.6 mile walk uphill and it was steep, about 10% incline on the TM in places. This trek is behind my house in another housing development, my neighbor showed me were to go and I am glad she did. Walk was 52 minutes, traveled 2.4 miles and I burned 544 calories. My legs are going to feel this one tomorrow.

Debbie, great job on getting a walk in today on the TM.

Diane Sue, boy was that a workout you did yesterday! Do you still have your Bowflex Tred Climber? That is low impact and could work for you instead of the elliptical.

Belinda, It is amazing how long it took to straighten your teeth! I hope you have a nice relaxing day today.

Have a great day.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.