Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for October 2023

This morning I did RAW Kickboxing and had a great workout. I used my 1.5# egg weights and added some jumps to some of the moves to enhance the cardio factor. Love this workout, wish it was a bit longer.

Workout was 36 minutes, burned 352 calories, did 3320 steps and HR was 150/182. Weird how high my HR was.

Diane - Numbering would probably work if she actually had a list of the number and name of the workout. At least I know where most of the ones I like to do are. Oh well. She has enough to do, I'm sure she doesn't want to reorganize it all. LOL! Great job with the 80's step workout. I might check that out.

Roselyn - Good job with your workouts the last couple days. Kicking it!!

Jolie - Great job with your workouts. You are having some great weather there now, I'm sure. It's cold here now, like 48 in the mornings. And rain. That's all we have now is cold and rain. Boo!!

Hope you all have a great workout and day!

Hi,

Today I did Great Glutes.

So, I saw my Rheumatologist yesterday. I been flaring in my left ear for a few weeks. My ear was red when I saw him yesterday. He wants me to try a new injections which has to get approved first. It can take a few weeks for the approval just like it did with MTX. In the meanwhile, I continue to take prednisone to keep things from getting out of control with RP. I been on prednisone since the beginning of this year. I am feeling the affect of the side effect. He wants me to taper down to 5 mg until I get the Actemira injections. I have GI problems with oral medications. Oral medications tearing up my stomach. I can take injections only, but they cost $$$$. My stomach can’t handle those serious meds, I have to take injections. If I don’t take those medications my ear will get deformed, I would get a saddle nose. There is no cure, it’s a progressive disease. I hope one off those day’s the researchers find a cure for RP. I want to bring awareness to this disease and maybe help someone else. For many years I was told I had ear infections. They were not ear infections. I had RPC for many ears, I had no clue nor did the ENT’s I saw over the years. I been experiencing a lot of ankle pain. My Rheumatologist took an ultrasound of my ankle, I have fluids in my ankles. No wonder I am constantly hurting :( I really need a break.

Debbie - thank you for your prayers! I sure had my share this year with RP.I need a break. I hope I my RP doesn’t get worse until I get the new meds. Thank you for your kind worlds. Yes, that isn’t a way of living. It’s not fair. Where is research there is hope. Dr. Ferrada from NIH is a leading expert on RP, she herself has this disease. She is fighting for all patients with RPC. That give me hope. Great job with your workouts.

Jolie - thank you. My appointments went well yesterday.

I will be back later for more personals.

Today I did CDorner Legs and Abs, 50 minutes, 125 calories, heart rate 95/122, 420 steps. This was abs first then legs. I then did did Day 4 Full Body Mobility and Flexibility Challenge, 23 minutes (I added about 3 minutes to this), 42 calories, heart rate 83/100. She says this can be done as a warm up. It is more of a movement mobility. Total time was 73 minutes, 167 calories, 626 steps. My neck and shoulders are store so decided against another total body workout. I need more recovery after Monday's workout.

Legs nd Abs
Abs 45 sec work done twice
Legs Lower to tuck in
Flutters
straight bicycles
star crunch
Isometric Press and Hold
Plank Knee Taps
repeat

Legs each move 1 minute
curtsy to squat15# dbs twice
reverse lunge deadlift 17.5# dbs twice
one leg RDL 15# dbs left and then right repeat

Glute Bridge segment 45 sec
glute bridge 30# db
1 leg glute bridge pulse BW
heel up glute bridge right
repeat all on left side

banded leg extension uses tubing 45 sec
3 sets left side then 3 sets right side
Stretch

Debbie, nice work on Raw Kickboxing. I love Kelly's kickboxing. I liked the 80's step workout. The music was good. I will be doing it again. I figure Kelly will eventually make changes as she keeps making new workouts.

Belinda, I am so sorry that you are having flare ups and medicine is not working. It is too bad they were not aware of rpc years ago and had meds for it. I hope they come up with something that really works well. I am sorry there is such a long waiting period for approval of the new medicine. You do deserve a break. Praying that you get the help that you need.

This morning I decided to do RAW TBTS Push and Pull workouts. Loved them, old school lifting - 8 reps, heavy weights. I did well with both workouts. I started with the TBTS wamup which was 7 minutes.

RAW Push
Everything was 2 sets/8 reps

Overhead Shoulder Press: 12's
Lateral Raise: 10's
Overhead Tricep Extension: 20#
Skull Crushers: 12's
Connected Chest Press: 15's
Dumbbell Bench Press: 25's (holy cow! Felt awesome!)

RAW Pull
Everything was 2 sets/8 reps

Hammer Curls: 15's/16's
Reverse Flies: 12's
Zottman Curls: 12's (love this exercises, always have)
Double Arm Row: 16's (1st set palms front, 2nd palms back)
Pullover: 20#

Workout was 41 minutes, burned 250 calories and HR was 115/150.

I have tons to do today so no personals. Hope you all have a great workout!!

Quick update: my new medicine got approved. That was quick! I didn‘t expect it for a few weeks. My pharmacy will probably have ready for pick up by Monday. Fingers crossed! The nurse from Rheumatology has to give me a class on Monday before I can use the meds.

Diane - thank you! There isn‘t a specific medicine for RP. It‘s a complicated disease. Some people do well and others are not. It also depends on how bad you have RP. It‘s a progressive disease. This disease isn‘t very kind to me :( God knows, I had my share! I am just happy it got approved so quickly! My Rheumatologist is amazing. He is the one that diagnosed me 3 years ago. He has been with me from the beginning.

Reactions: WD
Today I did Raw Step Boxing, 29 minutes, 139 calories, heart rate 122/157. I forgot to check steps. Up till 13 minutes my heart rate was stay 110-113. I need to do a pre-workout warm up so my heart rate isn't so low at the start. I also did CDorner 30 day mobility and stretch challenge day 5, 15 minutes, 25 calories. Total time was 44 minutes, 164 calories. I did not have much time for my workout today,

Debbie nice work on the Push and Pull Timesavers. I keep thinking I am going to so the push one, but still haven't.

Belinda, good job getting in dance and X-Train BT. I see you were just on here again. That is great that the med was approved so quickly. I hope the class goes well and is informative for you.

Diane - thank you! The new meds isn’t much different than the Humira. I get to met the new nurse for Rheumatology. Great job on Raw Step Boxing and mobility/stretch workouts.

Quick check in, yesterday our internet went out and it just came back on. I did STS Total Body Workout was 1 hour, and I burned 437 calories. I have not done this workout in years, it was great! I did very light weights on the leg portion, I hope my knees do not hurt tomorrow. Today was my rest day, I am sore and tired. We have had high heat for weather the past few days and I did not sleep well last night. Tomorrow is another day! I will read the posts from the past 2 days tomorrow.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 3, and I had a great workout. This workout is so fun, I just wish I could finish it. I never start early enough to get it all in.

1 minute per exercise but the boxing seemed a lot longer.

Boxing Drill
Barbell Squats: 30#
Narrow Dumbbell Squats: 12's
Plies: 10's

Boxing Drill
Barbell Deadlifts: 30#
Reverse Lunges: 12's
Good Mornings: 10's

Boxing Drill
Barbell Front Lunges: 30#
Bulgarian Split Squats: 12's
Curtsy Lunges: 10's

Boxing Drill
Firewalkers w/Band
Band Squats
Back Leg Raise w/Band

Boxing Drill - Skipped the rest, ran out of time
Clamshells w/band - Skipped
Hip Lifts w/Band - Skipped

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 340 calories, did 3095 steps and HR was 122/159.

Belinda - Are you still belly dancing much? I'm so happy to hear your medicine was approved so quickly. That's so unusal now a days. Hope it helps you, I will say a prayer that it does.

Diane - I really liked the Push and Pull workouts I did yesterday. They remind me of old school type training. Putting them together really gives you a good workout. Nice job with the Step Boxing workout you did. Your HR was really low through that. Kelly's step workouts aren't hard to do, maybe that's why?

Jolie - You guys are having a heat wave? That sucks. I thought the whole country was having nice temps. I hope it doesn't last long for you. Give us some, we have been in the 50's and rain for days. :(

Roselyn - Great job with your workout!

Hope you all have a great weekend!! So glad it's FRIDAY!!

Hi,

Sad day today. My son and DIL have to put Mag Pie to sleep today :( My heart is broken :( I will miss Mag Pie.

Today was Tabata on the schedule. I went for a walk instead.

Debbie - thank you. I was surprised it got approved so quickly too. Yes, I still belly dance. I just love it. I am getting good at it too, lol. Great job on your workout today.

Good night.

Today I did KCM Super Sculpt #1 and used 3# dumbbells for the drills portion and 2 risers like Kelly. This was 33 minutes, heart rate 136/159, 178 calories, 2,566 steps. I followed with CDorner Mobility Challenge day 6 Total Body 13 minutes, 20 calories. Total time was 53 minutes, 198 calories, 2,641 steps. I had to get done quick so I could go get my new glasses. For some reason I was thinking that Super Sculpt was going to be heavier weight work. Once started I just kept at it. Not sure that I will work out tomorrow as my grandson is coming over in the morning and I will be spending time with him:).

Jolie, it is always frustrating when the internet goes out. Great job on getting in STS Total Body. That one is a favorite of mine and I like that it can be split into Lower and Upper if I want. It was beautiful outside here today.

Roselyn, good job on Total Body yesterday.

Debbie, nice work on Raw Box and Pump 3. I really don't get it about yesterday's Step Boxing. I added some extra intensity to it as I saw my heart rate was not getting up. It seems like most step workouts do not get my heart rate up all that much. Although boxing does not either unless some other cardio moves are added. I try add intensity. I think it might just be me. I know Chris will make comment on her burn comparing to others comments. Mine is always lower. I did better on Super Sculpt today and did the jacks that were mixed in.

Belinda, I am sorry your son and DIL had to put Magpie down today. That is a rough thing to go through. Nice that you got in a walk today.

Hi,

I couldn‘t stay at home today, I been crying since yesterday. DH, Sadie and I went for a long walk and had lunch in a near by town. It was a nice day.

I am so glad I spend to much time with her before she passed and all the years. I always watched Mag Pie (and his other 2 dogs) when my son went on business trips, DS and I rescued her from the shelter. When I saw Mag Pie ( Pie was a Beagle) I knew she was the right one for my son. I miss her so much already.

Diane - thank you! DS and DIL are not doing so well :( That is a rough thing to go through. Great job on your weight workout.

Good night.

Yesterday was a surprise rest day, my husband took me out and surprised me with a new car for our 25th wedding anniversary. I was so shocked, I have never had such a nice gift before. Needless to say, I never got a workout in as scheduled. He said since I take such good care of the dog for him and had to give up some much of my beloved workouts, I deserved it. I did not argue with him :) Today the pup and I went for a 4 mile walk, 1 hour 16 minutes and burned 699 calories. Tomorrow we are getting solar installed so I have no idea if I can get a workout in other than getting the dogs out for the day. My husband bought me an energy car since gas has been holding steady at $7 per gallon since May :( WTF! This way with solar I can drive for so much less money.

Belinda, so sorry to hear about your son's dog being put down, that is the absolute worst thing to have to do. Hang in there...

Make it a great Sunday.

Wow Jolie- What a great present for 25 years! And wow on gas - ours has been about $4 for forever! My hubby and I talk about a nice trip for our 25th. That will be in 2 years for us.

I did a 12 mile bike ride today. At the end my legs were dead! I thought about cutting it short to get back to the car and cut off the last 4 miles but decided to walk a couple switchback and then was able to keep going. It was so pretty out. I was on the Air Force Academy and the trees were colors and the grass had turned yellow and with the sun and wind blowing the grass it look like waves of fire. So pretty!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.