Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for November 2023

Wow, November already. Where did July go? LOL!

Today I did not feel like lifting or doing hard cardio so I just walked on my treadmill. Had a pretty good workout on it and worked up a sweat.

Workout was 46 minutes, burned 457 calories, did 2.34 miles, went 5367 steps and HR was 152/184. Pretty high HR, was surprised to see that.

Jolie - Great job with your weight workout yesterday! I got my egg weights for Christmas but Amazon has them. I love them! My dh got me 1.5# ones and I'd really like 2# ones but they still give me a great workout.

Roselyn - Hope you had a great Halloween with your goblin! LOL! We froze our asses off for 6 whole kids. We have tons of kids on our street so I don't know what that was about. Maybe the weather, it was really cold. Oh well...

Doreen - Bummer on your treadmill. I'm scared to use the pre-programmed ones on mine because I hate not knowing what's coming. I don't think I've ever done one of them. Hope you can find a fix for it!

Belinda - I am not ready for this cold either. It was 28 degrees when I woke up this morning. And we froze handing out candy. Luckily not many kids so we only stood outside for an hour but it was long enough to make my hands and legs to numb. I hate this weather.

Diane - Great job with your workout. I'm sort of not liking band workouts anymore, especially for my back because it seems they always trigger pain. I'm very careful when I use them but it still seems to put me in pain. I do not care for the kettlebell R&R's and the one you said, #7. I also think there is one with the stability ball and I've never done that one either. Or maybe that's a Box & Pump I'm thinking of, not sure. The June R&R one is fun, you should try it. I really like it and can't believe I never tried it when it first came out.

Have a great day everyone!!

Today I did CDorner Calorie Torching Hiit Step, 33 minutes, 156 calories, 2,509 steps. I then did STS 2 Standing Metabolic Core, 10 minutes, 42 calories, and Raw Stretch flow that is new, 20 minutes, 37 calories . Total time was 63 minutes, 235 calories. I still plan on getting in the CDorner challenge stretch which is only around 10 minutes and is neck and shoulders. I am going to have to try to set up a plan to get in STS 2 chest and triceps mish mosh. This time I looked over the moves on both mish moshes. It seems the other one from my choice yesterday was mostly all weights and very little band or extra equipment work.
I have people coming out to winterize the sprinkler system during the time I usually get my workout in. I wish it would warm up!

Belinda, good work on GS legs.

Debbie, great job on the treadmill walk today. I was looking at Kellys app and there are so many workouts it gets confusing on which is which. I mix up box and pump with some others. I think there is a R&R with the ball where there was two options and one was abs on the stability ball or something. I have tried all of them at some point. Kelly has a body weight workout using a bench up today along with the stretch that I did. The stretch today was good and I liked the Christian music she used. I am okay with some of the band work, but I kind of knew I was pushing my luck when I did not want to pull out my Fit Tower because my neck and traps hurt today. I kept the shrugs light (Cathe goes heavy on those). If I had looked as mentioned above the other mish mosh would not have had the pull ups and band work. I checked out my next mish mosh for Chest and Triceps and copied off the workout manager so I have the right one and the moves used. They had me do band work in PT. It is the overhead stuff with the door anchor that bothers my neck.

Doreen, nice work with STS 2 Upper Body.

OMG, I had such a great workout today. I did RAW Ripped & Ride July 2019. This one was tabata style - 8 cycles, 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off. Kelly used her Peloton, I used my Max Trainer. Killer! She also used a 10# plate and 5# dumbbells for the weight sections.

Max Trainer: 4 minutes (8 tabata cycles) I pretty much just warmed up, no crazy stuff
Steering Wheel: 10# plate
Max Trainer: 4 minutes (I did different types on climbing and had my resistance on 4)
Squat, Curl, Squat Up: 10# plate
Max Trainer: 5 minutes - no tabata here, I just did different things but mostly steady state
Hook-Twists: 5# dumbbells
Kickbacks: 5# dumbbells (This was a burner, I had to stop with one of the tabata's because my traps were getting really tight)
Max Trainer: 4 minutes - more tabata
Chest Press: 10# plate (burner after 3 sets, OMG!)
Abs: Bicycles 4 sets, Scissors 4 sets (I only did the bicycles as I ran out of time)

Excellent workout, I loved this one. Workout was 57 minutes, burned 440 calories, did 3997 steps and HR was 132/155. Surprised it wasn't higher than that. It was crazy high on my treadmill walk yesterday, what the heck?

Diane - Great workout yesterday. I saw the new workouts Kelly posted. I don't care for body weight workouts but I might try it. If you do it, let me know how you liked it. I will do the stretch for sure. I thought you might have done Soul Core or something when I saw on the Garmin that you did a stretch to Christian music. Have you ever checked out Soul Core? I'd like to join it but not sure when I'd have time to use their workouts because I love RAW so much.

Jolie - You would love these R&R workouts, I know you would. I'm hoping you will try them out soon. Kelly's subscription is only $7.99 a month I think. She has the most reasonable workout subscription of all of them.

Have a great day everyone!!

Reactions: WD
I think I forgot to check in yesterday. My pup and I went for a 5 mile walk, 1 hour 43 minutes and I burned 890 calories. Today, we went for a 3 mile walk, 1 hour 2 minutes and burned 458 calories. I got out some jeans for the winter and I am amazed how well they fit this year after all of this walking. That is the one good thing about getting the dog, it has leaned me out :) The weather is so dry, 30% humidity, I keep getting nose bleeds. Also, there are several fires in So Cal and the smoke is really bad for breathing, especially last night. I believe we are getting some cooler weather stating this weekend!

Debbie, I will sign up and give Kelly's workouts a try. Great job on the workout with the Max Trainer, that looks like a workout that I would love to do!

Diane Sue, great job on the workout! Do you like Kelly's Raw workouts? Debbie loves them and I am looking to do something new soon.

Make it a great day. I hope you all have great workouts today.

Hi,

Live Belly dance is done. No walk, it’s too cold outside.

Debbie - great job this morning.

Jolie - nice walk.

BBL

Today I got up early to get in a workout before workers came. I did STS 2 mish mosh #1 chest and triceps, 36 minutes, heart rate 92/124, 90 calories. I also did CDorner mobility challenge day 18 shoulders and chest which I really liked, and day 19 warm up your body mobility flow, 24 minutes for both, 42 calories, heart rate 80/102. Total time was 60 minutes, 132 calories today. The upper body mish mosh workouts are formatted as one being alternating between the two parts and the other doing all one body part followed by the other. I just realized that when I looked them over. There is a long rest between exercises to stretch and set up.

STS 2 Mish Mosh 1 Body Parts Chest and Triceps
Warm-Up used 10#and 12# dbs Cathe does the third set with 15's Since I do not go that high I didn't
Flat Bench Press #1 17.5# dbs 10 reps (up in weight from before)
Flat Bench Press #2 `5# dbs 10 reps
Flat Bench Press #3 15# dbs 8 reps

Lying Overhead Extension #2 30# barbell angled back slightly 10 reps
Lying Overhead Extension #2 30# barbell angled 10 reps
Lying Overhead Extension #3 30# barbell regular slow 3/1 ct

Flat Chest Fly #1 12# dbs 10 reps
Flat Chest Fly #2 15# dbs 10 reps
Flat Chest Fly Pinkies In 12# dbs 10 rep

Dips #1 30# barbell in lap using step 8 reps
Dips #2 30# barbell in lap using step 8 reps
Dips #3 30# barbell 8 reps

Incline Bench Press 17.5 # dbs 10 reps
Incline Close Grip Bench Press15# dbs 10 reps

Seated Single Arm Overhead Extension R/L #1 10# db 10 reps
Seated Single Arm Overhead Extension R/L #2 10# db 10 reps
Abbreviated Stretch

Debbie, great workout. I have done that one a few times because I really liked it. The last time I did it which was a long time ago I used the Treadclimber with it. Those steering wheels kicked off the shoulder big time in the one I had surgery on later. Not a good move I guess when a bone spur is tearing up things. It is a great workout and time goes by quickly. I need to go check out Soul Core. I try to keep up the stretching and mobility stuff. It really seems to help me with all of the joint stiffness and arthritis. I have done some of the other body weight workouts that Kelly has but did not return to them. I don't know why I don't use them. It is kind of like I worry about wasting my time when I am doubtful I am going to benefit that much. Although I do believe there is benefits. Chris does some body weight workouts once in a while. I am more likely to do something like that as an add on to something else.
Also as a note, I am paying 8.99 a month for Raw. When there was that mess up on my payment and I could not reach out to Kelly I got dropped from my grandfathered subscription. I missed the workouts so much it only took a few days before I signed back up through Amazon and my payment goes out monthly through Amazon digital subscriptions.

Jolie, great job on the walk with the pup. The pup has helped you stay lean, that is a great bonus! It is so dry here in the house because of the heat. My hair wants to fly out from my head because of the electricity in it. It is warming up to 60 today. This makes me happy as I need to do a couple of things outdoors. Yes, I love Kelly's workouts. I have had a subscription from the start other than a short mishap. For cardiio she does a lot of boxing. Not so much kicking though unless it is one of her kickboxing workouts. She has some great intervals and the weight workouts are really good.

Belinda, nice work on the belly dance today. Sorry that it is too cold for the walk today.

This morning I really didn't feel like doing much, just really tired this week. I walked on my treadmill for a while and then did Kelly's new RAW Stretch workout. It was good, I really liked it.

Treadmill workout was 27 minutes, burned 288 calories, went 1.33 miles, did 3190 steps and HR was 164/186.

Stretch workout was 20 minutes.

Jolie - Great job with your walking workouts. You are getting a lot of miles in!!

Belinda - Great job with the belly dancing yesterday!

Diane - You are right, I was a bit worried doing the steering wheel exercise but I didn't feel any discomfort. Only thing I'm feeling today is tight traps again and I figured as much because they were getting really tight with those exercises. But I really loved that workout. That's how I feel about BW workouts, that I'm just wasting my time. Honestly, I'm not sure what I'm paying for RAW. Last I checked I thought it was $6.99 but I could be wrong. Even $8.99 is not a bad price for all those workouts she has. Beats $20 a month hands down.

Roselyn - Nice job with your workout!

Have a wonderful weekend. I have a busy one this weekend. Craft show, hair cut at my cousins. Fun times!

This morning I did a 30 min Penny Barnshaw YT workout - full body moves, a little bit more lower body focused.

Today the air quality is better, I think they have the fires under control. Yesterday I had to close up the house, the ash in the air was horrible. It will start getting cooler after today, finally it may start feeling like Fall :) Today I went for a 1-hour walk, 3.2 miles and burned 601 calories. I have found a good trek, there are much more hills, and they are long and great for the heart rate, and they are butt burners for sure! Hopefully this weekend I will get into the gym and get in some weights.

Debbie, I checked out Kelly's RAW and I will sign up this weekend. If I can get in a few of them a week I will be happy. Once the weather gets cold maybe I will not be walking as much with the pup and will have more time for workouts. I believe the subscription is $8.99 per month, that is less expensive than Cathe by $1. I might just keep both for the winter and see how it goes or just try Kelly's workouts and do Caroline Girvan's workouts.

Diane Sue, great job on the workout yesterday. I am going to sign up for the RAW workouts and give them a try. There seem to be a lot of them to choose from which makes it worth it.
Belinda, great job on the Belly Dance workout yesterday.

Roselyn, nice workout yesterday.

Doreen, nice workout this morning!

Make it a great day.

Today I did Raw Box for your waistline using weight gloves, 33 minutes, 188 calories, 1,269 steps, heart rate 139/174. I love this workout. I followed this with TBTS timesaver cardio, 18 minutes, heart rate 151/179, 151 calories, 1,935 steps. I finished with CDorner mobility challenge day 18 chest and shoulders again and today's day 20 ankles and calves, 23 minutes, 38 calories. Total time was 74 minutes, 377 calories, 3,204 steps.

Roselyn, nice work on Back and Biceps today.

Debbie, nice that you got in the treadmill walk and Raw stretch. I am sure that you are still paying 6.99. I just had that problem and I really did not mind paying a little more. Your weekend sounds pleasant. Have fun.

Doreen, nice work doing Penny Bradshaw Total Body Moves today.

Jolie, The Raw workouts are well worth the money. She has her dvd workouts on there as well as the Raw ones for 8.99 a month. She even put some of the premixes from some of her dvd workouts. There are lots of choices. Nice job on the walk today, great calorie burn.

Good morning,

I am getting my hair done with DD in DC. Afterwards we all go hiking/have a picnic. That should be fun.

I will try to check in later.

Today I started with CDorner challenge Quick and Simple Total Body Warm up routine stretch day 21, 18 minutes, 28 calories. I then did Raw Shoulders 23 minutes, 72 calories, heart rate 99/121. Next was Raw Lower Body(Pyramids) skipping the reverse lunges at the end. My low back and upper back were hurting so I forwarded to the stretch. 31 minutes, 126 calories heart rate 113/130. I finished with Raw Stretch and Raw stretch finisher, 26 minutes, 50 calories. Total time was 98 minutes, 276 calories. I think I am going to be sore as I did a bit heavier than I have been on upright rows and overhead press.

Raw shoulders four rounds of 5 moves done 8 reps each
Upright row 17.5# 15#;15#;15#
overhead press 10#; 12#;12#;12#
lateral raise 10#;12#;12#;10#
bentover lateral raise 10#: 10#;10#;10#
front raise 10#; 10#;10#;10#
finisher is all moves back to back with 10# dumbbells

Raw Lower Body Pyramids 3 rounds of each body part
Squats timed
12# dbs , 15# dbs, 20# dbs (can't believe last time I did 25#)
repeat pyramid sequence 3 more times

Alternating lunges
12#; 15#; 20# dbs
repeat pyramid 3 more times

Suitcase deadlift
12#dbs; 15# dbs; 20# dbs (used 25# dbs last time and wonder how I managed it)
repeat pyramid 3 more times

Sumo deadlift using 1 dumbbell
12#; 15#; 20# dumbbell
repeat pyramid 3 more times (last round was tough on my back and upper back as well)

Reverse lunge skipped
stretch

Belinda, Nice work on Gymstyle BSB and your walk this morning. I hope you have a nice time today getting your hair done and hiking and picnic.

Good morning,

We had a lot of fun yesterday. It was also Sadie’s 5th birthday :) I can’t believe she is already 5 years old. We did had beautiful weather. I been going to the same hair salon for years, I like how the girl cut my hair for years. I decided to try a new one yesterday. DD goes to her. I am trying to grow my hair out a little like shoulder length. She hardly cut my hair…charged me $70. My old salon charged me $55 now $90. No coloring just washing, cut and blow drying :(

Today I did IMAX 4 (it was on the schedule for Saturday) and I did Stretch Max #1. I finished Cathe’s September rotation. I will start her November 2023 rotation tomorrow.

Diane - we did had a lot of fun yesterday so did Sadie. Nicely done on your workout yesterday.

I am getting ready to take Sadie for a walk. BBL

Last edited:
Sorry I did not check in over the weekend, my computer froze up after I updated it! Jeez... Anyway, I have it working now so it is all good. Sunday I did Cathe STS Meso 1 Disc #2 Back and Triceps and had an excellent workout. My triceps are talking to me today! Today I took the pup for a 3.5 mile walk, time was 69 minutes and I burned 601 calories. I think for Christmas I need to get a new fitness tracker, this old FB is on it's last leg. I will probably get a Garmin since you all seem to like yours and I think the price is good too.

Belinda, great job with the workout today. My hair costs $250 just for a partial high light and that means no blow out or cut or anything else! I cut my own hair because I never like how anyone does it or they cut way too much off.

Great job on the workouts over the weekend!

Make it a great day.

This morning I did RAW Box & Pump 4. I love this one, I had a great workout. I had to take my mom to the doctor's so I slept in a bit and worked out around 6:30. Had energy and had a great workout.

Box & Pump 4 - 1 minute intervals:

Hammer Curl Pulse/Supination:
15's
Deadlifts: 15's
Boxing Segment: 1.5# Egg weights

Dumbbell Curl Pulses/Pledges: 12's
Squat/Fold/Deadlift Up: 12's

Overhead Press: 12's
Lunges: 12's

Lateral Raise/Alt. Front Raise: 8's
Lunge Sequence: 8's

Overhead Triceps Extension: 15#
Plie Squats: 15#

Kickbacks: 5's
Glute Pulses: BW

Workout was 50 minutes, burned 374 calories, did 3750 steps and HR was 133/160.

I don't have time for personals since I just got into work, so I will catch up tomorrow. Have a great day everyone!!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.