Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday July 7

lorajc

Cathlete
Morning Maniacs -

This morning was WSFL strength circuit followed by metabolic circuits. This was deadlifts followed by prone jacknife/pushup/cable row lunge for 10" followed by squat/shoulder press & pullups for 10" and then HIIT. Intervals of 30/90 for 6 rounds, but I did 30/60 for 8 rounds.....still could only get my HR up to 150. Not sure what that was about. The intervals are short....so either I'm getting super efficient at these and my HR just isn't elevating or I'm too beat to work hard enough! Workout was 58" and I burned only 420 calories. Tunes were Motley Crue's St.s of LA.

I supposed I better stop this rotation before I really burn out on it big time and never want to do it again! LOL Obviously it's not working....either cuz of my diet, the fact my body has adjusted to it or maybe I'm not just working hard enough cuz I've become bored with it. I really don't want to burn out on it to the pooint that I never want to pick it up and do it again (sort of like what I did with my Cathe DVDs). On the other hand, I'm determined to see a result before I quit!! I'm psychotic!!

Have great days everyone.....Ugh....back to work. I loved the long weekend and don't want to go back.

Diane Sue - Do you know if Lush Retro is a limited thing or is it back for good? How did you find out about it. Did you buy any retro Lush?

RE: Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for Monday July 6

Lora, you and I must have posted at exactly the same time.

Good morning all - imagine me the first post.

I have a dropped a % body fat - don't know if it was the WSFL program or being sick or what.

Anyway, today I did a new circuit designed to kill me!

Pull ups 3 sets of 4 reps (I can do these unassisted!)
Push up - 4 sets of 12 reps
bench dip - 4 sets of 12 reps
hanging leg raise 4 sets of 8 reps
box jump 3 sets of 12
burpee 4 sets of 8
squat jump 4 sets of 10

Have a great day and workouts everyone.

Good Morning All!!

Lora--bummer that the workout isn't going as well as you'd like. I wish you tons of motivation to find out what works best for you!

Ally--great job on the pull ups and % drop in body fat. Way to go. That's tough to do. Regardless ~ AWESOME!

I enjoyed my workout this morning, but felt like I was in a bit of a fog for most of it. Although I had a three-day weekend, it never seems like it's enough. I'm feeling quite irritated and anxious and I'm not sure why.

I did Cathe Low Max this morning followed by a back workout:

Lat pull downs x 5: 15/10/8/8/7
Chin ups x 5 (unassisted): 7/5/5/5/5
Lower back x 5: 15/15/12/12/12 (personal best!)
Underhand cable rows x 4: 9/8/9/8
Straight arm pull downs x 3: 10/10/10
ss w/
Mid rows x 3: 8/8/9

Have a great day!

Laura

"The difficult periods of life provide the best opportunities to gain useful experiences and develop inner strength. " ~ Dalai Lama

This morning I did a Cardio Coach mix that I made up. Had a pretty decent workout considering I didn't want to get out of bed. This mix had two challenges and then I did about 5 minutes of a stead state jog to bring the workout to 50 minutes.

Then I did the Ab work from Kick, Punch & Crunch.

[font color=indigo]Cardio only stats:[/font]
[font color=blue]49 minutes
41 minutes in zone
310 calories burned
3.1 miles travelled
[/font]

I finished my workout. I had planned on doing some stuff with the Bowflex too but things around here kind of altered that. Didn't want to wake dh since he got woke in the middle of the night and had to go in to work. He came in at 4:30 this morning. I just took dumbbells into the office and worked out. I did IMax3 and burned 450calories. Then I did Kelly Coffey's 30 minutes to fitness two times. I started with the active w/up did it to the stretch then repeated it and stopped and did 3 sets of 10 reps squats/calf raises then did the stretch and burned 460 calories doing the weights. Total calories burned was 910. HR got up to 171 during IMax 3 :D Total workout time was 2 hrs 8 min.
workout was:
reverse fly 2x16 15# db's
lunge 2x16 8each side 25# dumbbells
push ups/1arm plank 2x8 no weight
low cardio recovery
dumbbell row 2x16 25# dumbbells
1 leg squat 2x24 25# db's
pushups 2x8
low cardio recovery
lawn mower 2x16 8 each side 25# db
1 leg deadlift 1x16 8 each side 25# dumbbells/second time deadlift with a twist 1x16 8each side
dive bomber push ups 2x8 no weight
low cardio recovery
Repeated everything with the same weights:D
then did squat/calf raise 3x10reps 35# dumbbells
finished with the stretch

Lora, I don't know if the retro Lush is limited or not. I know it is available online only. I have not ordered any yet. Almost did an order this weekend. I found out about it when they sent me an e mail.

http://wd.1ww.us
http://1ww.us/logo2.gif

Morning Maniacs,

The sore throat is still lingering, but I am feeling better. Any I started a TT rotation today.

Superset A
RDL
8/8/8 - 105#
DB Chest press
8/8/8 - 40's
***the RDL was suppose to be with DB's but I don't have DB's heavy enough to challenge me and was surprised how hard the chest press was w/ 40's since I can go way heavier w/ a barbell.

Superset B
DB Reverse Lunge
8/8/8 - 35's
1 Arm Shoulder Press
8/8/8 - 25#

Think I will have some good DOMS in my legs, hey were shaking by the end. Then did 20 minutes of intervals in a 30/90 ratio. Did side jumps, suicides, forward jumps, forward bounding, traveling speed skaters, & suicides again.

Lora Be careful with WSFL, I think you can burnout easily with that program!!

Morning all. Been buisy as you can see i have not been on..
I am catching up here.
Did buts and guts yesterday and i am feeling it.. big time.
Today was GS triceps and biceps..
Tomorrows plan is back and shoulders
and if legs unthaw some cardio after..
Wanted to catch up . I have to go back and read.. No time.
Salon is under roof. I am excited..Going fast..

Vacation on the 13th so i will try to catch up before here..
Take care all.
Great workouts..

www.picturetrail.com/acatalina

Anne
AKA
Storm

I did Supersets today. Have not done this one in a long time. I notice I can lift a lot heavier than a year ago.
Roselyn

Nice workouts everyone!!! Woohoo!!!

[font color=indigo]Meals for today:[/font]

M1: Whipped Vanilla BSN protein shake w/mixed berries (post workout)
M2: Chocolate Coconut BSN w/ 1/2 c. oats & 1 tbsp. ground flaxseed
M3: Ground turkey taco salad; 2 tbsp. raw almonds
M4: Turkey patty; Strawberry & Cream yogurt
M5: 4 oz. 92% ff beef patty; salad w/Ranch yogurt dressing
M6: 2 whole eggs, 2 egg whites; BSN protein drink

[font color=blue]1539 calories
61 g. fat - 36%
156 g. protein - 41%
74 g. carbs - 19%
[/font]

Although I like the carb intake, meal 6 will change. I didn't realize I had a protein shake in there until just now and I don't want to drink another protein shake. I may sub my banana pancakes there.

Wow - this place is dead today! What's up with that?

Linda - You'll have to let me know what you think of TT. I tried a couple....but was not overly impressed, but I think it was mostly cuz I was just trying one workout and it just so happened that I picked one that only worked part of the body and I was disappointed and had to add a bunch of other stuff in. Let me know if they are WSFL tough. Yes, I think I need to be careful. I slept in until 5:00 or so each day over the long weekend (and I NEVER sleep past 4) and then this morning at work while I was putting filing in order, I started to doze and the office manager caught me ...........and I really can't afford to lose my job. My job is gettting a bit boring........filing, filing, and more filing.

Has anyone tried Walden Farms "No Calorie" Balsamic Vinagarette dressing? My fitness friend gave me a bottle and I'm afraid to taste it. LOL.

Great workouts everyone.

Hey Maniacs!!!

Went to chiropractor today. Felt really horrible even afterwards, but I need to go few more times until things will improve. So bad that when I cough or sneeze, I feel pressure in my back. I am not working upperbody for about a week til things stabilize. I don't want to risk making the areas worse, and when I do catch up on my workouts, I will have to go lighter in weights on some moves. Seems like I really screwed myself up this time around. :-( Going to Kings Dominion tomorrow so I am thinking I probably shouldn't ride the rollercoasters either.:-(

Sorry for the gloomy report. Keep doing your thang!

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.