Hardcore Fitness Maniacs for May 2024

Today I did CDorner Step Aerobics #37 42 minutes, 222 calories, heart rate 133/155, 3829 steps. I added Raw String a long abs, 15 minutes, 68 calories, heart rate 119/143 and finished with CDorner mobility challenge day 12 upper body and day 18 chest and shoulders (I love this one) 28 minutes, 50 calories. I need some lower stretching but needed the upper area more. Total time was 85 minutes, 340 calories, 4,192 steps.
My rib pain is back after one night sleeping wrong and then the PHA workout.

Debbie, nice work on the stretch and treadmill walk. Maybe the chair yoga would have been better as it has no down dog in it. I think most of those stretches do not hold the stretches long enough. I have come to the conclusion that doing a body part more than twice a week does not give me enough recovery time. Maybe when I was younger I could do it, but not anymore.

Jolie, nice work on the walk yesterday and getting in STS Disc 13 chest, shoulders, and triceps along with a Raw boxing finisher today. Kelly does have quite a few shorter boxing workouts which is nice to add on.

Roxie, nice work on getting in the walk. It sounds like you have a lot of stress. I hope things lighten up for you so you can enjoy what you want to do. I am sorry your hip is hurting. I hope things get better.

Belinda, the walk on the marina sounds like a nice way to have a rest day. It has been a long time since we had our trailer. I just remember when we did find a park with wifi it was nice to be able to hook up instead of using data with our cell phones for things. We took dvds with us and watched movies and I had workouts that way.

This morning I was supposed to do STS 2 Tri-sets but I am still feeling pain in my upper shoulder blade area on my left side. I thought I should just give it a rest until Monday and try again. So this morning I did RAW Ignite Your Metabolism and had a pretty good workout. This isn't one of Kelly's best, but it's ok. I skipped the mountain climbers and did Icky Feet instead. That got my HR up.

I also walked on my treadmill for 1 mile. Total workout time was 51 minutes, burned 435 calories, HR was 131/159.

Jolie - I have a massager that has red light in it, but honestly, other than the massaging feeling great it doesn't really help this situation. I decided not to do the Tri Sets workout today. Hopefully Monday I can. Great job with your workouts yesterday!! Kicking it!

Roxie - I can relate to two things you mentioned. First, your hip hurting. Mine does too, when I sit and when I sleep. I found that it is my IT band being extremely tight and I have been doing a lot of stretching for that plus heat. The best stretches are Runners Pose, and the stretch where you either lay or sit with your leg crossed over your other leg and twisting away to stretch that outer portion of your hip. I can't think of the name of the stretch. Try that for a while and see if it helps. I also bought a new mattress, a Sleep Number bed - not the fancy horribly expensive one, but their basic model. My DH and I love it. I keep it on 80% and that is perfect for my body. The second thing I can relate to are my two cats are both royal pains in my butt. I love them dearly, but OMG. DH and I both have said once they pass we won't be getting another one for some time if at all. Too much work, they wake us up EARLY every damn morning, like 3:30 a.m. and they meow all day long. I've never had cats that did this before. All my other cats were quiet and slept a lot. So that's that. Moving, though, is one thing I've never done except for when my DH and I moved in together. We've been at the same house for 25 years. I couldn't imagine moving that much. Is your husband talking about moving again? I hope not!! That is a job no one wants. I hope things look up for you soon. Just keep your head up! Maybe talk to your DH and let him know how you feel. If you think it would help.

Roselyn - I'm sorry I didn't do the Tri Sets workout today. Not sure you will want to do this rotation with me as my upper body will dictate what I am able to do. Sorry about that!!

Belinda - Glad you are having so much fun!!

Diane - I will try the chair yoga soon. Honestly, stretching seems to make this worse for some reason. I don't feel like I need to stretch, I just need to get the knots out. Why this keeps happening is beyond me. :( Great job with your workouts yesterday!

Have a great Friday everyone! Looking forward to the weekend! I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day11

Reactions: WD
Good morning,

D4 Full Body is done. One more workout for this week. I like they are short and to the point.

Debbie - sorry your shoulder blades still not feeling ok. glad you had an good workout.

Diane - RV’s come a long way since we had ours years ago. It’s nice to have wifi. We do have a dvd player in the RV, haven’t used it yet. I am glad for YT and my Cathe downloads which eventually I will use.Nice job on your step workout.

Have a wonderful Mother’s Day weekend.

It is a busy weekend. This morning, I did STS 2 Total Body Trisets Express #2 lower Body, 27 minutes, 107 calories, heart rate 111/137. I went down some on the weights though as my husband was using my 30's to hold something down flat. I also did CDorner Flow mobility I did recently and liked. I35 minutes, 65 calories. Total time was 62 minutes, 172 calories. We put together a basketball goal with stand and took it to his house for his birthday. We ended up taking him to eat and bringing him home to spend the night.
I am going to have to do something to try to get my weight back up again. I had worked up to 110 and now back down to 103. Way to low and my clothes hang on me. I guess not feeling well did not help. Tried lowering fat some and my weight dropped. I think I need cardio for movement and cardiovascular health, not a lot.

Debbie, nice work on Raw Ignite Your Metabolism and the treadmill walk. I think knots need a lot of massaging to get them out. Maybe deep stretching that is held long enough to not snap right back. Mobility helps the joints to stay moving and synovial fluid to move, stretching for tightness. Knots are miserable and hard to work out. I have been using my massage gun on my calf that feels like a knot is in it and it is tight. It helps. Left upper back pretty much always has a knot in it, sometimes not as big, but it never seems to completely go away. I can feel the difference just rub my hand over it and comparing to the other side. Maybe it is the way my alignment is or something. I think there is a difference in between the red light on the massager and a quality far red light. I have read up on it on medical things to see what was best and if it really worked. The best ones cost quite a lot. There are measures of how much. You might research it. I know I have mentioned that my vet uses it and says he did not believe in it till it was proved to him it works. Helps animals heal faster in some cases. Helps some in other ways. For me it is another expense, and I am always a little afraid it will not work and I threw away money.

Belinda, nice work on Day 4 Full Body. I keep some downloads of Cathe's workouts on my SD card in my tablet to have if I am away or power goes out and I still want to do a workout.

Roselyn, nice work on STS 2 Trisets today.

Good morning,

Day 5 Cardio and abs is done. Workout was 30 min. Getting read for a walk outside.

Diane - great job on STS 2 Total Body Trisets Express and mobility workout. Love downloads for the reason you mention.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Happy Mother's Day tomorrow everyone! Today I had an excellent workout. I started with STS Meso 2 disc #15 Back and Biceps and did really well with the weights. I am so much stronger all of a sudden, it must be because I have doubled my protein intake and wow!!!!!! Next I did 3 leg exercises x 4 sets of 16 reps. I did leg extensions, leg curls and squats. I finished with RAW Egg Weight Finisher Boxing and I am spent! Total workout time was 1 hour 20 minutes and I burned 495 calories.

Debbie, good idea on waiting till Monday to resume STS. Bummer that the red light doesn't do anything for your pain issue, it works great for me. I put it on me while I watch tv, about 30 minutes and it seems to do the trick. My IT band is so tight too! This causes so many problems even in the upper body.

Roxie, hang in there!!!

Belinda, great job on the workout today.

Roselyn, nice job with the tri-sets workout.

Diane Sue, Great job on the sts tri sets workout yesterday. I wish I weight 103 pounds! I weight 162 pounds and I am trying to get back to my fighting weight of 152. Menopause killed me :( How tall are you? I am 5'10 and if I go under 150 pounds I tend to get sick easily. I bet if you got your weight up with protein you would have more energy and sleep better, it worked for me.

Have a wonderful day.

No time for a workout today. Tomorrow I have family coming over so I will not workout. I generally have Sunday's as a rest day anyway.

Belinda, nice work on day 5 cardio and abs. Enjoy your walk.

Jolie great job on STS meso 2 disc 15 back and biceps and adding the legs exercises and egg weight boxing finisher. I am 5'4 and I eat a low carb diet most of the time. Generally doing that my fat is between 30 and 40% of calories. I started trying to lower the fat and my weight dropped again. I use mostly low carb or paleo friendly recipes. Cheat once in a while, but when we go out I often get chicken or salmon and broccoli or salad. I recently started eating protein oats for breakfast instead of a protein bar though as the oats seem to give me a bit more energy for a workout. I have protein powder with yogurt and berries before bed at night as a snack and to take night time supplements before bed. I am glad that you are doing so well with the weights and lots of protein. I used to keep my weight up to 122. I don't think that at your height you would want to lose very much weight. Chris of CDorner Fitness said she weighs in the 140's and is 5'4. She says she gets surprised looks when she ways in at doctor appointments.

Happy Mother’s Day!

I had a relaxing day today.

Diane- enjoy your family time today.

Jolie - great job with your workouts. I almost want to start STS.

Roxie - nice job on your walk.

Good night

No weights for me again, this upper back thing is turning into what I've dealt with in the past where I had to go to my PT to get it to heal. I'm going to wait it out a week and see how I feel Monday before I make an appointment so this week I will just do stretching and mobility work even thought that stuff never seems to help this issue. But lifting heavy weights right now is a big no.

Today I did STS 2 Mobility 1 and then walked on my treadmill for 1.3 miles. The mobility workout was ok, I wish Cathe wasn't in such a hurry with the moves. I know its mobility so I'm assuming that's why, but going a bit slower would have been better for me.

Total workout was 49 minutes, burned 284 calories, did 1.3 miles and went almost 3000 steps. HR was 104/170.

Great job with your workouts this weekend and hope you all had a great Mother's Day. We had a nice time with my mom and the day was beautiful!

Today I did Raw Biceps and Triceps, 21 minutes, 98 calories, heart rate 120/139. I have the rib and sternum pain again so am avoiding things that work the chest and aggravate. I followed with CDorner 14 Day Challenge day 11 cardio aerobics all standing low impact, 30 minutes, 170 calories heart rate 141/173, 3,318 steps. I finished with CDorner mobility challenge day 18 for tight shoulders and chest, 13 minutes, 22 calories and followed with 14 minutes of mobility and stretch work which included a little STS 2 #1 that was too much after down dogs and then the plank push thing, so added a bit of other stretching. This was another 22 calories. Total time today was 78 minutes, 312 calories.
I won't be working out tomorrow. I have my ladies group gathering. I had a nice time yesterday with family.

Evening,

We are back home. I have appointments this week and next week.

We did walk for over 3 miles on the marina and to the beach. Sadie is worn out. I also did week 2 Full Body fit and strong workout = 40 min.

I will catch up tomorrow morning. I am too tired.

Good night.

Sunday, I went for a 4 walk at the beach with my husband and dogs. Yesterday was a rest day for me. Today is a rest day because my pup was sick all night and what I woke up to was a total mess. Every rug, chair and couch had to be scrubbed today. I am not in a good frame of mind now to do a workout. I wonder what he ate that made him so sick, either a mouse or a lizard I suppose.

My son will graduate college after six years, 2 undergrade degrees and Masters of Finance degree. I am so excited for him. I cannot go because I cannot leave my mom with my dad and go to another state while she is trying to help him cope. My husband is leaving for 4 days so I am sure with all of the dog walks I have to do there will be no time for lifting weights this week. I guess this will be an active recovery week for me.

Great job with the workouts everyone. I hope your day is going better than mine!

Hi,

Day 7 Arms with cardio. Here are the exercises:
Tricep OH Extension
Tricep Kickbacks
Tricep Push Up Burpees
Shoulder Press
Lateral Raises
Front Raise + curtsy lunge
Hammer CurlsCurl Pulses
Sumo Squat Hop + Bicep Curls

BBl

This morning I wanted to do a lower body workout but holding weights is just not happening right now. So I did RAW Butts & Guts and had a pretty good workout. I also walked on my treadmill for a bit so that helped with calorie burn.

Tabata style of 20 on 10 off - 8 rounds:

Plie Squats
Froggie Squats
(alternate between the two so 4 rounds each)

Knee Crunch/Shin Block

Pendulum

Abs: Oblique work & lower abs

Bridges - used my pink cloth band

Full Crunch

Walked on my treadmill for .80 miles. Total workout was 54 minutes, burned 347 calories, did 2764 steps and HR was 112/157.

Jolie - What infrared light thing do you have to use on your knots and such? Can you send me a link to where you purchased it? Sorry to hear about your dog getting sick, poor thing. And I'm sorry you can't go to your sons graduation, but I also understand why.

Diane - Great job with your workout yesterday. Have fun at your ladies group!

Roselyn - Are you following the 8 week STS 2 program?

Belinda - Great job with your workouts!! Glad you had a nice weekend at the Marina!

Have a great day everyone!

Debbie, I just got an Infared light bulb off off Amazon with a bulb holder that can clip onto something so I do not need to hold it. I bought mine a long time ago and I do not see it for sale now. However, they have so many options just make sure the reviews are good first before ordering something. I found one by RubyLux NIR-A Near Infared Bulb, Grade A on Amazon and it looks exactly like the one I have. It gets warm but it penetrates deep into the tissue and muscles. It is $29. They also have the bulb with the stand/holder for $59 with a$10 coupon. This one is by Serfory Store. Good luck, I know what you are going through, and it sucks. Nice job on the workout today!

Today I went for a 1 hour walk, traveled 3.2 miles and burned 499 calories.

Diane Sue, have a nice time with your ladies group.

Belinda, great job with the workout.

Roselyn, nice work with STS!!!

Make it a great day.

Hi,

I saw the Optometrist today. I have to get an eye exam for RP yearly to make sure there isn’t any inflammation in my eyes. Good news is I don’t have inflammation. I do have cataracts in both eyes. He re commands I get surgery. I also have extrem dry eyes. I have to use eye drops a few times a day and an another one at night. My eye side is getting worse.

Tomorrow is a rest day from Summertime rotations. I have a massage scheduled for tomorrow. I haven’t had one in a long time.

Today was Pure Strength Legs and Glutes NO JUMPING Workout *At-Home Leg Day* | STF - Day 8 = 47 min
45 seconds work/ 3 rounds SS/ rest 15 seconds.
Exercises:
1. Goblet Squat
2. Front Squat Staggers
3. Left Leg Lunge
4. Right Leg Lunge
5. Heel Lifted Squat and ½
6. Heel Lifted Squat Hip Abduction
7. Sumo DL
8. Glute Bridge
9. Split Squat
10. Split Squat
11. RDL
12. RDL
13. Band Abduction
14. Bear Crawl Finisher

Jolie - I am so sorry about your dog. How is he doing today. Sorry you can’t make it to your son’s graduation. Great job on your workouts.

Debbie - I am so sorry you dealing with your upper back again. I hope it will heal on it’s on.Great job on your workout.

Diane - I hope you had lots of fun at the ladies night. Wished we had one here. Sounds like fun. Great job on your workout.

Roselyn - great job with STS.

Good night.

Our Newsletter

Get awesome content delivered straight to your inbox.